Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   TrailBlazers Trade for Gerald Wallace (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210499)

Kumo 02-24-2011 05:26 PM

TrailBlazers Trade for Gerald Wallace

Quote:

NBA trade deadline: Blazers trade Joel Przybilla, Dante Cunningham for Charlotte's Gerald Wallace

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...azers_cha.html

Plus two future first round picks. I'm pretty happy. Love both of those guys, but with healthy centers the roster is pretty beastly. He would be great off the bench, if he's willing to adopt that role.

Myth 02-24-2011 07:38 PM

Re: TrailBlazers Trade for Gerald Wallace

I am very excited about this addition, though I am scared about the center position until Camby comes back, since Joel, Cunningham, and Aldridge have been splitting those minutes.

Until Camby comes back:
G: Miller/Mills/Johnson/Roy
G: Matthews/Rudy/Roy
F: Batum/Wallace/Matthews
F: Wallace/Aldridge/Batum
C: Aldridge/(Wallace?)

When Camby comes back
G: Miller/Mills/Johnson/Roy
G: Matthews/Rudy/Roy
F: Wallace/Batum/Matthews
F: Aldridge/Wallace/Batum
C: Camby/Aldridge

I view Wallace a little like a much improved Cunningham. Przybilla doesn't provide much these days so he was expendable, but having no center besides Camby is scary. I'm also not too worried about those picks. Neither of them are likely to get anybody close to Wallace's abilities.

Kumo 02-24-2011 09:15 PM

There are talks of Przybilla maybe being bought out, but it would take 30 days for him to return to PDX.

If the trade doesn't get completed tomorrow and Wallace isn't available Portland is screwed. That is a lot of talent though.

blazerjimmy 02-25-2011 09:41 AM

While I realize he puts up great rebounding numbers, Gerald Wallace is a small forward....This trade doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm on vacation down in San Diego and haven't really had much time to look at the numbers....

Myth 02-27-2011 05:01 PM

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game. Wallace's debut, Camby's return, and this will be my first time seeing Roy in person since early November.

Kumo 02-27-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
I'm really looking forward to tonight's game. Wallace's debut, Camby's return, and this will be my first time seeing Roy in person since early November.

Have fun bro.. the Rose Garden is gonna be crazy tonight.

Myth 02-28-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumo
Have fun bro.. the Rose Garden is gonna be crazy tonight.

Or........ it could be the worst home game I have attended since 2005. :facepalm

Kumo 02-28-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Or........ it could be the worst home game I have attended since 2005. :facepalm

Yeah that was bad. I'm going to the Rockets game, hopefully it'll be a better show than you got.

AznTacoLover 02-28-2011 11:13 PM

I could see him being a really good mentor for batum, I think he's is most def should be starting. what do you guys think should he stay on the bench or takes batum spot?

Myth 03-01-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
I could see him being a really good mentor for batum, I think he's is most def should be starting. what do you guys think should he stay on the bench or takes batum spot?

Yeah. As I've heard somebody else say, I hope Wallace does for Batum, what Camby did for Aldridge.

And I fully expect Wallace to eventually start, unless Nate figures out that there are not enough 3 point shooters in the starting line-up and holds him out for that reason (but he should still get starter minutes).

Kumo 03-02-2011 01:04 AM

Jesus that was terrible. Absolutely no defense, no presence in the paint, and Wallace jacks it up everytime he touches the ball.

Myth 03-02-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumo
Jesus that was terrible. Absolutely no defense, no presence in the paint, and Wallace jacks it up everytime he touches the ball.

Yeah, Wallace needs to gel with the team a bit more and hopefully he will stop doing that. Otherwise, I love his hustle, which the rest of the team is failing at when their shot is not dropping.

Nastradamus 03-03-2011 04:12 PM

Wallace is going to fit in on this team with time. Matthews and Batum are nice playes, but that isn't enough scoring on the wings. Wallace and Matthews should start with Miller and Roy and Batum should come off the bench if Roy is going to play 15 minutes or whatever. Batum is a guy I really like, but he and Matthews aer too similar with their defense and unselfish/limited offensive games.

Quizno 03-05-2011 04:03 AM

so gerald's my favorite player ever, anybody mind filling me in on how he's been doing with the blazers? i'm turning into a mini-blazers fan here haha. i'm gonna start watching more games through atdhe. is gerald gonna be starting?

Myth 03-05-2011 02:53 PM

He has been fine, but the team as a whole has only looked in sync with each other in 1 of the 3 games he played.