Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Good Bye Gerald Wallace ..Tribute MIX (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210624)

Carmeloo15 02-25-2011 10:00 AM

Good Bye Gerald Wallace ..Tribute MIX

This is a tribute to Gerald Wallace as a Cats:)
He's a legend of Charlotte:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b59iHTZ6Bt0

Marquis Daniels 02-25-2011 10:18 AM

Re: Good Bye Gerald Wallace ..Tribute MIX

blue collar player.. RESPECT.

Quizno 02-25-2011 03:17 PM

man i miss him already :(

i don't like this trade at all. i'm definitely gonna be cheering for the blazers. still a cats fan though of course

why michael jordan whyyyyyyyyy

rufuspaul 02-25-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizno
man i miss him already :(

i don't like this trade at all. i'm definitely gonna be cheering for the blazers. still a cats fan though of course

why michael jordan whyyyyyyyyy

I've been talking about this with my patients all day and the more I think about it the more it's starting to make some sense. The first thing: who else were we going to trade? Jack? Too much baggage, no one wants him. DJ? Hendo?-No. They along with TT are our future.

Crash is/was my favorite player. A guy that gives it his all, plays above his potential, a great teammate, etc, but he has probably reached his peak in terms of what his body can take. The cats got the best years of his career out of him. By trading him now it can potentially become a win-win for both the cats and the blazers.

Jordan is going to go into the offseason with a young nucleus of DJ, Hendo and TT, a couple draft picks and about 20+mil in savings under the cap. I just hope he doesn't blow it.

btw, I'm going to the game tonight with my daughter and we usually both wear our #3 jerseys. I guess we'll check out the team store.

rufuspaul 02-25-2011 04:38 PM

Here's an interesting eye opener from Bonnell's blog:

Quote:

By the way, did anyone noticed that after this deal, assuming the Bobcats don't excercise the options on Livingston and White (which they shouldn't), by the summer of 2012 they should have enough cap to sign 2 Max deal's and another decent contract (about $36-$38M in Cap space) in the summer of 2012. This is when: C. Paul, D. Williams, D. Howard & C. Kaman, among other can become Free Agents. There are also guys like: K. Hinrich, M. Pietrus, JJ. Hickson, A. Jamison, J. Terry, Nene H., C. Lee, D. West and other Tier 2 guys who will be Free Agents.
If the Salary Cap is around $60M in 2012 (which makes sense, depending on the new CBA), the Bobcats will have anywere between $36-$40M avaliable for that summer and that is assuming they pick the options on DJ and Henderson. Also, you can add the Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions if they still exist.
So basically they will have: Augustin, Henderson, Jackson (expiring) and Thomas, plus the ability of signing 2 Max deals plus another contract of around $4-$6M per season, and the exceptions. In addition, in the summer of 2013 they'll have an additional $15-$18M avaliable when Jackson, Diop and Carroll contracts expire.
If MJ and his Staff use this Cap Space and Picks wisely, this can end up being the best trade ever. And yes, I will miss G-Wallace, he was my favorite Bobcat and I wish him the best, but from a business perspective, this can end up being a great trade afetr all.

BrentISballin 02-26-2011 01:43 AM

I agree Rufus, we had Wallace in his prime and from the looks of it he will only be declining as the years go on , last year being his peak year. I'm glad we finally have some first round picks even though they are not anytime soon. Hopefully Hendo has a break through season here after the all star break so we can have him as a 1st / 2nd option.

I think Jordan did an OK job with this, didn't really screw things up besides stirring up some nostalgic emotions in old fans!

Timmeh 02-26-2011 01:52 PM

I wouldn't put too much weight on Bonnell's assessment. All that is assuming the new CBA is altered for our benefit. Also, the only players that would be of use to us will NOT come here. Sure, we might be a team stacked with above average role players, but that's what we've always been, we'll just have slightly bigger names. Yeah we'll have a lot of cap space, but who will really want to come here? I'm beginnig to think the idea of playing for MJ isn't as glamorous as we thought it was.