Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ever notice how... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210737)

Go Getter 02-25-2011 11:41 PM

Ever notice how...

Every other 22 year old is seen as having potential:

Ibaka
Batum
Gallo

But not D. Rose?

Why do ppl seem to think that since he's already good he can't get better?

Rose 02-25-2011 11:46 PM

Re: Ever notice how...

Because they're all still prospects, who haven't shown much. Plus the media's never really loved Rose, up until recently.

step_back 02-26-2011 06:49 AM

Rose is not a media guy, which I like. He just plays basketball and ignores everything else.

I'm still amazed he has haters to be honest.

Harrison_Barnes 02-26-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by step_back
Rose is not a media guy, which I like. He just plays basketball and ignores everything else.

I'm still amazed he has haters to be honest.

The hate is based on the team he plays for.. not how he plays.

And Rose still has potential that he hasn't tapped into yet.. but the reason why no one really mentions it is because hes already playing MVP like. While other guys his age are still fighting to get consistent playing time where they can show what they have.

Go Getter 02-26-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
The hate is based on the team he plays for.. not how he plays.

And Rose still has potential that he hasn't tapped into yet.. but the reason why no one really mentions it is because hes already playing MVP like. While other guys his age are still fighting to get consistent playing time where they can show what they have.

Darko, Batum, and Gallo get starters minutes.

Crystallas 02-26-2011 03:35 PM

Ever notice how....

People compare Rose to players much taller than him to make their nonsense points?

jasonresno 02-26-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
Ever notice how....

People compare Rose to players much taller than him to make their nonsense points?

I read an article on CBS Chicago that, I shit you not, said LBJ was a better MVP candidate because he accounted for a higher % of his teams rebounds.

A sports writer said that.

My goodness.

Crazy Style 02-26-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonresno
I read an article on CBS Chicago that, I shit you not, said LBJ was a better MVP candidate because he accounted for a higher % of his teams rebounds.

My goodness.

That's really dumb Lebron is like half a foot taller than Rose. The size difference just makes his comment pointless.:facepalm

Crystallas 02-26-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonresno

My goodness.

I hope he doesn't have a vote. LOL

I had to blog about this BS, because it never ends. Rose didn't come out and put himself into the MVP race with his own words, so I really don't think people have the right to hate on him for being a serious candidate!

97 bulls 02-26-2011 05:56 PM

I honestly think people just are salty at the bulls in general. Why I don't know, maybe cuz of how they dominated the 90s. Including los angeles and new york.

Harrison_Barnes 02-26-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Getter
Darko, Batum, and Gallo get starters minutes.

I know. But the fact that they aren't producing up to their potential leaves people talking about it. Rose is performing incredibly.. making a lot of people think he is already at his potential. (Although I believe he has another level he can reach)

ljsbb27 02-27-2011 07:22 PM

This type of stuff drives Rose and I love it. He's the type of player that is consistenly working on his game and at such a young age he has taken huge strides and made significant improvements in the weaknesses of his game each and every year he's been in the league so bar. The hate he receives from people is only making him better and they just don't realize it so let them keep talking.

He's going to get better. He is a serious MVP candidate. And yet DRose still isn't satisfied. He's his own hardest critic and at the end of the day that's what makes him want to improve even more so than all the BS he hears from all the people trying to hate on him.

We as Bulls fans know this so let the rest waste their time talking crap.

Crystallas 02-27-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
This type of stuff drives Rose and I love it. He's the type of player that is consistenly working on his game and at such a young age he has taken huge strides and made significant improvements in the weaknesses of his game each and every year he's been in the league so bar. The hate he receives from people is only making him better and they just don't realize it so let them keep talking.

He's going to get better. He is a serious MVP candidate. And yet DRose still isn't satisfied. He's his own hardest critic and at the end of the day that's what makes him want to improve even more so than all the BS he hears from all the people trying to hate on him.

We as Bulls fans know this so let the rest waste their time talking crap.

No doubt, and he has even made HUGE strides in a short amount of time during this season. Case in point: Charlotte played the 2-3 high trap on Derrick as good as a team possibly could, other teams started to do the same with a lot of results. In the last 5 games, teams STILL go to a high trap of sorts and it fails.. Why? Because Derrick learned how to A.) Read the traps sooner. B.) Fall out and into traps. C.) cross step, and split the double teams sooner. And D.) His teammates are setting the extra picks necessary to allow him to run his strong side.

That level of adjustment within a month is simply UNHEARD OF with regular players. It would take a standard starting 1-2 guard a good 18 months until they can break traps w/o requiring a trailing man.