Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211057)

oldknickfan 02-28-2011 02:39 AM

Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Please share your thoughts on the Knicks-Heat battle? It was a great and hard fought game.:cheers:

To read my in-depth analysis of why the Knicks won the game and to see the video of Amar'e blocking LeBron. Click on the link to my blog http://bit.ly/hHgm6M It was amazing!:banana:


Please also follow @WeLoveTheKnicks on twitter. We welcome input from all fans.

Sarcastic 02-28-2011 03:39 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
We won because we actually played defense for the first time in Mike D'antoni's coaching career.

Jasi 02-28-2011 04:22 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
We won because we actually played defense for the first time in Mike D'antoni's coaching career.


We'd already had a couple of big wins this season that came by playing good D.

I had already pointed this out as the one thing that makes me really hopeful about this team.

Makes you wonder if they can keep it up for an entire playoff series though.



EDIT - Well, after the trade there's a couple more reason that make me hopeful... #4 and #7...

Sarcastic 02-28-2011 04:46 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
We'd already had a couple of big wins this season that came by playing good D.

I had already pointed this out as the one thing that makes me really hopeful about this team.

Makes you wonder if they can keep it up for an entire playoff series though.



EDIT - Well, after the trade there's a couple more reason that make me hopeful... #4 and #7...


We've had a few good defensive games this year, but not against the good teams. Our win against the Spurs was due to shootout. The last win vs Miami, we played good defense.

franchize 02-28-2011 09:01 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
We won because Chauncey and Melo set the tone for us defensively.Anthony Carter surprisignly gave us some solid minutes and LeBron couldn't guard Melo last night if his life depended on it lmaoooo

Clutch 02-28-2011 11:07 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
We've had a few good defensive games this year, but not against the good teams. Our win against the Spurs was due to shootout. The last win vs Miami, we played good defense.

We were playing good defense against Atlanta at MSG and we won.

They are not strong like Miami but they are surely not an easy team to beat.

bluechox2 02-28-2011 11:55 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
billups is changing how things are run, and its good. finally have a player that will teach this team how to paly some team defense

Clutch 02-28-2011 12:08 PM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
billups is changing how things are run, and its good. finally have a player that will teach this team how to paly some team defense

Billups have already exceeded my expectations.

And some people thought we should keep Felton :lol

oldknickfan 03-04-2011 05:18 AM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
Have you read my game analysis @ http://bit.ly/hHgm6M? Follow
@WeLoveTheKnicks on Twitter.

Patrick Chewing 03-09-2011 03:19 PM

Re: Why Did the Knicks Beat the Heat?
 
We won because we are better


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy