Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211423)

insidehoops 03-02-2011 02:07 PM

Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love can look forward to a contract extension offer of six years in the $70 million range once a new NBA labor deal is reached, a little birdie says.

The NBA’s collective bargaining agreement expires June 30.

- St Paul Pioneer Press

More: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7279

Too much? Too little? Other issues?

Rose 03-02-2011 02:08 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
:facepalm

Clutch 03-02-2011 02:09 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
That's the way to build a team.

Overpay a stat padder who has the same impact on the game as my grandma :lol

XxSMSxX 03-02-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
That's the way to build a team.

Overpay a stat padder who has the same impact on the game as my grandma :lol


This x1000

DuMa 03-02-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Kahn :facepalm

LJJ 03-02-2011 02:14 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Under 12 million a year is a great, great deal the way things are now. They should have probably waited until after the summer.

Harrison_Barnes 03-02-2011 02:16 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Way to much.:roll:

dunksby 03-02-2011 02:18 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Keep Kurt Rambis, overpay Kevin Love and sky is the limit for the Wolves.

04mzwach 03-02-2011 02:19 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
If Love wants more money than that, he may get it. I hope he signs for less though. Love is worth every penny of that deal though.

MayCeltics 03-02-2011 02:20 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
Under 12 million a year is a great, great deal the way things are now. They should have probably waited until after the summer.


Agreed.

Kevin is 22 & putting up monster numbers. I think its a steal.

Meticode 03-02-2011 02:20 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
If the Timberwolves have a winning season the next 5 years I'll be surprised. David Kahn seems like an idiot. First he drafts Rubio who obviously wants to play for a bigger market, then he keeps getting point guards to the point you could have a starting lineup of just point guards, then he overpays for Milicic. Kahn is wow.

Big One 03-02-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
If the Timberwolves have a winning season the next 5 years I'll be surprised. David Kahn seems like an idiot. First he drafts Rubio who obviously wants to play for a bigger market, then he keeps getting point guards to the point you could have a starting lineup of just point guards, then he overpays for Milicic. Kahn is wow.


But milicic has chris webber like skills and Ricky Rubio will be the GOAT point gaurd in the NBA once he comes here

GOBB 03-02-2011 02:25 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
I dont see a problem wth this offer. Wolves are in no position to attract better free agents then Kevin Love. And they cant continue to live in the lottery with young, unproven talent rinse and repeat. You got a productive, All Star player? Lock him up. Same thing with Michael Beasley. Otherwise how do the Wolves improve and get out of living in the top of the lottery all the time? Keep drafting and hope they find a Lebron? KG? Good luck.

Minnesota has made some dumb decisions, questionable moves. This isnt one of them.

crisoner 03-02-2011 02:27 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Wow....that's a lot of $$$$$$$.

Have fun being win less for years Sota!!!

NY-Knicks 03-02-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont see a problem wth this offer. Wolves are in no position to attract better free agents then Kevin Love. And they cant continue to live in the lottery with young, unproven talent rinse and repeat. You got a productive, All Star player? Lock him up. Same thing with Michael Beasley. Otherwise how do the Wolves improve and get out of living in the top of the lottery all the time? Keep drafting and hope they find a Lebron? KG? Good luck.

Minnesota has made some dumb decisions, questionable moves. This isnt one of them.


Any chance you're referring to Darko Milicic here?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy