Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2/6/11 Knicks @ Hawks (W) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212171)

Draz 03-06-2011 09:06 PM

2/6/11 Knicks @ Hawks (W)

Great game. Defense was awesome! I loved today the way the Knicks played. If they play like this every game I would love to support this team to the wire. Chemistry is hard to get knowing to, but were not doing to bad. I think we played a well game today, our role players are definitely kicking in now. Something I asked for a long time ago, just play your part. I see Anthony Carter & RJMJR kicking in their outbreaks.

Discuss todays win.

knickscity 03-06-2011 09:15 PM

Re: 2/6/11 Knicks @ Hawks (W)

There was two things that really stood out to me.

1)The team was very active and talking on the defensive end.

There was quite a few times that the defense was very crisp, especially when funneling the opponents drives into double teams.

2)27 points and 12 boards from the bench was a solid contribution especially when shorthanded.

percelloveknicks 03-06-2011 09:33 PM

great win today, the main reason i say that is because we were playing shorthanded, with turiaf, walker and billups out. Something thats starting to bother me that no one is talking about is philly is playing great and on our ass. I totally fell asleep on philly.

mjc1241 03-06-2011 09:41 PM

Good:
Defensive rotations
RMJ hitting shots.
AC's defense and energy.
Anyone notice the wrinkle of Melo bringing the ball up and initiating the offense? He had five assists in the first half.
Landry played well and guarded JJ well.
Talking on defense.
D'antoni actually getting mad that they missed a defensive rotation after calling a timeout.

Bad:
Anyone notice that TD dribbles too damn much? Three or four times he gave the ball up after dribbling with less than 10 seconds left on the clock.
Melo forced a bit but Wilkins did flop a couple of times. He also missed three of five free throws and did not shoot well from the field.

earlofupstate 03-06-2011 09:47 PM

The ref's were horrible tonight.
I'm proud of Carter, Shawn Williams and even RMJ.
Melo had a rough night, but everyone stepped up and pulled it out for us.
Loved seeing Chauncey talking to TD during FT's in the game. Nice. :applause:

I wonder if the Hawks are crying in the locker room after the game like Miami did after losing again . :roll:

Draz 03-06-2011 09:55 PM

Hawks don't cry they fight :lol.

mjc1241 03-06-2011 10:01 PM

IMHO crying in the locker room on the 63rd game of the season is kinda b$%ch ass. Is it just me or does Miami have the look of a first round playoff knockout this year?? Something just doesn't look right this team...

Back to our Knicks:
More consistency from game to game along with better chemistry over the last 21 games. Everything else will take care of itself...
We still have a ways to go and we need to keep pushing for the playoffs.

Clutch 03-07-2011 03:23 AM

We played amazing defense and our shots started to fall in the 4th quarter.

I am very happy,too bad that we will probably see the non-defensive Knicks against Utah tonight.
It's their habit.
They lose some easy games like the one against Cleveland and then come out next game all fired up and playing good defense.
Last time we lost against the Cavaliers we beat the Heat in the next game.

If they will play good defense tonight then we might see some new,defensive Knicks because I don't remember when we put up 2 good defensive games in a row.

franchize 03-07-2011 10:25 AM

The Good
1.Amare was in "when animals attack" mode in the second half.
2.We were on fire from three in the 4th quarter.
3.We actually played the best defense we've played since D'Antoni's been here.
4.Melo was off but he didnt force it.He had some nice assists.Those offensive fouls on him and STAT were bullshit.The refs were killing us last night.
5.The fact that it was practically a home game (once again) helped a lot.6.
6.Chauncey is an excellent leader.He is as vocal as the coaches during intermissions and timeouts.
7.Anthony Carter is old and limited but the guy plays really good D and hit some big shots.
8.Mason Jr gave us some decent minutes.Made me wonder how he never got ANY minutes.Not saying he should be a significant part of our rotation but he doesn't deserve a season full of DNPs
9.Landry Fields erased Joe Johnson's overrated ass.Despite that one nice spin move,dude was non-existent.
10.We played intense basketball against a good team which seems to be our M.O. at this point
11.Carter and Williams stepped up!

The Bad
1.Jared Jeffries was the biggest waste of time acquisition AGAIN! I dont care what any of you guys say who wanted him here.He SUCKS.He does absolutely nothing on the court.All he does is make me hate the announcers and "analyst" even more.They overglorify role players.They make it seem like it's a good thing that he's only made like 1 shot since he's been here.Then D'Antoni has the nerve to say he's "the anchor of our defense".Well I guess that's why we have one of the worst defenses in the league.No way you can convince me he's even an upgrade from Turiaf.At least Turiaf can compete with the big guys down low.On 3 occassions,Kirk Hinrich ripped rebounds away from him.On 3 other occassions,I saw Teague/Hinrich penetrate and dished for dunks and he neither picked up the pg nor the big man he dished it to.

2.Toney Douglas is awful.He dribbles at least 10 seconds off the shot clock before he even initiates the offense.He loses the ball without even being guarded.

3.We have so many guys on our bench who just arent any good.This is why I dont get the buyer's remorse some ppl have about the trade.We didn't lose any much from our bench and we clearly improved our starting lineup.
Trade or no trade,our supporting cast is very limited.
Jared Jeffries,Shelden Williams,Toney Douglas,Renaldo Balkman,Andy Rautins all non-factors.A huge test for Walsh will be who returns after these guys expires and who we replace them with.We need some young guys who can play or at least have promise.

Clutch 03-07-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
The Good
1.Amare was in "when animals attack" mode in the second half.
2.We were on fire from three in the 4th quarter.
3.We actually played the best defense we've played since D'Antoni's been here.
4.Melo was off but he didnt force it.He had some nice assists.Those offensive fouls on him and STAT were bullshit.The refs were killing us last night.
5.The fact that it was practically a home game (once again) helped a lot.6.
6.Chauncey is an excellent leader.He is as vocal as the coaches during intermissions and timeouts.
7.Anthony Carter is old and limited but the guy plays really good D and hit some big shots.
8.Mason Jr gave us some decent minutes.Made me wonder how he never got ANY minutes.Not saying he should be a significant part of our rotation but he doesn't deserve a season full of DNPs
9.Landry Fields erased Joe Johnson's overrated ass.Despite that one nice spin move,dude was non-existent.
10.We played intense basketball against a good team which seems to be our M.O. at this point
11.Carter and Williams stepped up!

The Bad
1.Jared Jeffries was the biggest waste of time acquisition AGAIN! I dont care what any of you guys say who wanted him here.He SUCKS.He does absolutely nothing on the court.All he does is make me hate the announcers and "analyst" even more.They overglorify role players.They make it seem like it's a good thing that he's only made like 1 shot since he's been here.Then D'Antoni has the nerve to say he's "the anchor of our defense".Well I guess that's why we have one of the worst defenses in the league.No way you can convince me he's even an upgrade from Turiaf.At least Turiaf can compete with the big guys down low.On 3 occassions,Kirk Hinrich ripped rebounds away from him.On 3 other occassions,I saw Teague/Hinrich penetrate and dished for dunks and he neither picked up the pg nor the big man he dished it to.

2.Toney Douglas is awful.He dribbles at least 10 seconds off the shot clock before he even initiates the offense.He loses the ball without even being guarded.

3.We have so many guys on our bench who just arent any good.This is why I dont get the buyer's remorse some ppl have about the trade.We didn't lose any much from our bench and we clearly improved our starting lineup.
Trade or no trade,our supporting cast is very limited.
Jared Jeffries,Shelden Williams,Toney Douglas,Renaldo Balkman,Andy Rautins all non-factors.A huge test for Walsh will be who returns after these guys expires and who we replace them with.We need some young guys who can play or at least have promise.

The good:
3.Maybe not the best but certainly one of the best defenses since Mike D'Antoni came to town.
7.He really hit some important shots.I didn't know he is such a good shooter.
9.JJ is overrated.I don't know why did someone offer him such a contract.

The bad:
1.Jeffries has been solid at defense.
I think he drew 2 charges last night.
Offensively he doesn't exist but let's not act like Turiaf is any better
2.Douglas scares the shit our of me every time he has the ball.He looks like he will lose it any second.
3.I agree.We need better bench players.

Also,can someone tell me why we signed Derrick Brown when he doesn't play at all ?
Give the guy some minutes

Jasi 03-07-2011 03:47 PM

@franchize

I agree with every thing you said except one.
How can you put TD and Rautins in the same sentence? :lol
I know Toney is an awful PG but dude is capable of putting up 20+ points now and then.
He's an undersized SG with good shooting and good defense.
He should be used to back up Fields together with Mason and that's it.

Clutch 03-07-2011 04:25 PM

Ok guys,tonight we play against Utah Jazz at MSG.

Do you think we will continue to play good defense all we will fall apart and play "swiss cheese defense" again ?

I hope we can keep up the good defensive effort.

Things that are good for us are that Jazz are 24th in 3-pt %, 25th in 3-pt made.

I don't know how good rebounding team they are but I see they are only 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (even Knicks are better,we are 22nd).
They have lost 8 out of last 10 games.

I don't think they have much better size than us,Millsap is only 6'8 while Jefferson is 6'10.

So we have a lot advantages over them:
- We are a better team
- They are not a very good shooting team (usually we allow a high shooting percentage)
- They are not much bigger than us
- We play at home
- They have lost 8 out of last 10

knickscity 03-07-2011 06:04 PM

If the Knicks bring the same type of game against Atl, they should win.

I think I like the slower down tempo the Knicks have been playing sometime.

It helps out the defense, which is most important.

earlofupstate 03-07-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
If the Knicks bring the same type of game against Atl, they should win.

I think I like the slower down tempo the Knicks have been playing sometime.

It helps out the defense, which is most important.

Billups, Walker and Turiaf out for tonight.
Milsap is a game time decision.

franchize 03-07-2011 07:14 PM

#1 explain how Jared Jeffries has been "solid" on defense.Drawing 2 charges in a whole game when you're getting big time minutes (almost 26 per game) is not cutting it.

Ronny @ least gives you just over a block per game in 7 less minutes and only one less rebound per game.So yes I do think Turiaf is better honestly.I don't think Turiaf is good at all but he's better than Jeffries IMO.He brings more energy.He's a bigger presence down low on D.He runs the court better and he finishes stronger.It's funny cuz some ppl nickname Turiaf "TendeRonny" but if anyone is tender,it's Jeffries frail ass.:oldlol: Im not even exaggerating when I say,if I could get rid of anyone on our team,he would be my choice for sure.

#2 Jasi,did you read the context in which Rautins and Douglas has were mentioned in the same sentence? I was referring to reserves who need to be replaced.And I would hope Douglas is better than Rautins.He was a 1st round pick with guaranteed money.Rautins doesnt make much more than league minimum nor does he get a chance to prove he's any better.Not making excuses for him...I'm just sayin.