Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Please tell me the Clippers aren't considering keeping Kaman (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213052)

BEAST Griffin 03-11-2011 10:15 PM

Please tell me the Clippers aren't considering keeping Kaman

Blake and Chris don't complement each other on the floor at all. Blake is a much, much better offensive player than Chris. We don't need Chris in there sharing possessions with Blake and putting up his stupid jumpers. Blake has to be to clear #1 go to big man because of his excellent scoring and passing (especially now with Mo Williams and Eric Gordon we need his passing) and we need Deandre Jordan for easy buckets and his D. They complement each other much better. Just like in the awesome run that started mid December before Eric Gordon got injured. Please tell me they're just giving him more playing time to get other teams interested. There just is no room for Kaman.

If the Clippers keep Kaman....:facepalm

Nastradamus 03-12-2011 01:40 PM

Re: Please tell me the Clippers aren't considering keeping Kaman

Its too bad you couldn't pull off Tayshaun for Kaman before his contract expired. Stupid ownership situation in Detriot. We could have sweetened the pot with a future pick or something, but taking Kaman's extra year off your hands would probably be enough.

Either way, Tay needs to be target #1 for the Clips this summer. He's a hometown guy, a perfect fit and a free agent. Clips need a 3, they need winning experience, they need defense and they don't need any more guys who need the ball a lot. However, Tay can also handle sometimes and initiate, which is helpful when Mo is in the game at the 1. Battier shoudl be option 2, but if you can pull off Tayshaun, you are a title contender. 2 stars, defensive C, 2 other starters with much deep playoff expereience, all star games on the resume and very good play off the ball. Fix up the bench and you are good, but you already have Bledsoe,Foye,Gomes,Aminu. Just need backup bigs.

qrich 03-12-2011 03:29 PM

Why not keep Kaman and keep him coming off the bench? Let's be honest here, Clippers have always been lacking scoring off the bench and Kaman is providing that very well and let's not forget that he is ambidextrous, helping his offensive game. I'm sure Vinny Del Negro can split 96 minutes between those three players, especially since Kaman and Jordan have ben on the court together.

Al Thornton 03-12-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Why not keep Kaman and keep him coming off the bench? Let's be honest here, Clippers have always been lacking scoring off the bench and Kaman is providing that very well and let's not forget that he is ambidextrous, helping his offensive game. I'm sure Vinny Del Negro can split 96 minutes between those three players, especially since Kaman and Jordan have ben on the court together.

that would be fine, but kaman and griffin just can't play together at all, and they'll have to be in the game at some points because that's just how it works.

qrich 03-13-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Thornton
that would be fine, but kaman and griffin just can't play together at all, and they'll have to be in the game at some points because that's just how it works.

I don't see why Kaman and Griffin wouldn't work given time to gel. Kaman, with his jumper when it is on, can space the floor somewhat for Griffin to throw down some jams.

I'd go something like:

PF: Blake (34) - Jordan (14)
CE: Jordan (18) - Kaman (30)

BEAST Griffin 03-14-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
I don't see why Kaman and Griffin wouldn't work given time to gel. Kaman, with his jumper when it is on, can space the floor somewhat for Griffin to throw down some jams.

I'd go something like:

PF: Blake (34) - Jordan (14)
CE: Jordan (18) - Kaman (30)

Except, Eric Gordon already spaces the floor. Blake's been throwing down more than enough jams when Kaman was injured. What Kaman does is hog the ball and attempt his stupid jumpers. That's what Kaman does on offense. Kaman wouldn't leave any void if he got traded. Blake getting more of the ball and Deandre getting back his minutes makes up for not having Kaman. And the chemistry is much better.

KAMAN AND BLAKE ON THE FLOOR DOESN'T WORK. AND KAMAN IS GETTING OLD TOO. TRADE HIM ASAP! Keeping him will do more harm than good.

qrich 03-15-2011 04:38 PM

Kaman and Blake can play together for 10 or so minutes per night, won't be a huge obstacle what so ever. Since returning from injury, Chris is averaging:
12.92 Points Per Game
5.7 Rebounds Per Game
1.31 Assists Per Game
1.23 Blocks Per Game
1.69 Turnovers Per Game
2.3 Fouls Per Game
86-147 From The Field (58.5%)
14-18 From Free Throw (77.8%)
23.38 Minutes Per Game

I don't know about anyone else, but putting up near 13/6 with 59% from the field in about 24 minutes is solid for a center coming off an injury and off the bench for 13 games. Keep Kaman, bring him off the bench to be an offensive spark alongside Bledsoe since the Clippers have aways lacked offense off the bench and let him just dominate opposing backup Centers and on days where Blake/Jordan are struggling or in foul trouble.

Sterlingsucks 05-09-2011 07:42 PM

I think we obviously need to resign DeAndre Jordan he plays good Defense and will only get better at watching for headfakes etc. BUT I think you have to atleast see how Kaman does next year and go from there..obviously he was injured alot this year with minor injuries and was an All-Star in the past BUT he still averaged what 13 PPG and 6 REB..that is not too bad and is worthy of a decent contract somewhere in the area of 4 years 18 Million alot of centers dont play 25 minutes and average them numbers....NOW if someone offers him 4 years 30 million or something more than that and is willing to overpay him then you let him walk but if we can get him for a bargain and he can help DeAndre Jordan develope more offensive moves that will be a double bonus for the Clippers.

clipps 06-07-2011 02:13 PM

I agree with trading Kaman, but I also agree with keeping him to play a lesser role. He's an above average bench player but a below average starter. If the FO finds a good deal for Kaman, then pull the trigger immediately, but if not, I'd rather him come off the bench than to trade for someone less effective. It's been proven that Kaman and Griffin don't play well together. Both are offensive big men and unless your Duncan and Robinson, it's not gonna work. Kaman, AFA, and Bledsoe coming off the bench would not be easy for any teams' second unit to handle. IMO, finding a good trade partner for Kaman is more important than keeping him for a lesser role.