Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213948)

iDunk 03-17-2011 08:31 PM

Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
I honestly think if Billups can mentor Douglas, I'd rather have Douglas as our future PG because he's been here he knows how the system works, he knows the players well, and we could get him cheaper allowing the Knicks to sign a center to a MLE deal (if there is one) this summer.


Billups was very much like Douglas earlier in his career, not very much a PG, more of a scorer but he became a champion.

Knicksfever2010 03-17-2011 08:44 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunk
I honestly think if Billups can mentor Douglas, I'd rather have Douglas as our future PG because he's been here he knows how the system works, he knows the players well, and we could get him cheaper allowing the Knicks to sign a center to a MLE deal (if there is one) this summer.


Billups was very much like Douglas earlier in his career, not very much a PG, more of a scorer but he became a champion.


UNFORTUNATELYYYY douglas IS NOT a pg, he is more of an undersized shooting guard. ever watch him lead the fast break? he doesnt pass very well and ends up either throwing up a brick or running over someone and getting an offensive foul. he's a good shooter, who plays defense (bruce bowen type) but thats about it.

Bandito 03-17-2011 08:47 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
UNFORTUNATELYYYY douglas IS NOT a pg, he is more of an undersized shooting guard. ever watch him lead the fast break? he doesnt pass very well and ends up either throwing up a brick or running over someone and getting an offensive foul. he's a good shooter, who plays defense (bruce bowen type) but thats about it.

That is why Op says that Billips should mentor him. It is not that hard to learn how to pass dawg. Not everyone is Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.

iDunk 03-17-2011 08:48 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
UNFORTUNATELYYYY douglas IS NOT a pg, he is more of an undersized shooting guard. ever watch him lead the fast break? he doesnt pass very well and ends up either throwing up a brick or running over someone and getting an offensive foul. he's a good shooter, who plays defense (bruce bowen type) but thats about it.

NEITHER WAS BILLUPS WHEN HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE.

Read the whole post.

Knicksfever2010 03-17-2011 08:56 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunk
NEITHER WAS BILLUPS WHEN HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE.

Read the whole post.


i disagree, you cant teach douglas how to pass, either you can pass or you cant

anywhooo, we're moving on to the next subject

Clutch 03-17-2011 09:09 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
i disagree, you cant teach douglas how to pass, either you can pass or you cant

anywhooo, we're moving on to the next subject

You can teach almost everything,including passing.

Douglas tied a franchise record in threes made.
He made 9 three pointers :bowdown:

IBig-Ballz 03-17-2011 09:11 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Who Gives a ****
Ray A
K.Korver
Morrow
JJ.Redick
A Aflalo
James Jones
Dorrel Wright
and a thousand more are way better than him at 3's. :confusedshrug:

LastChanceToWin 03-17-2011 09:12 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBig-Ballz
Who Gives a ****
Ray A
K.Korver
Morrow
JJ.Redick
A Aflalo
James Jones
Dorrel Wright
and a thousand more are way better than him at 3's. :confusedshrug:

You're an idiot. Douglas doesn't shoot open 3's. Most of his 3's are contested, yet he still finds a way to make them.

Undisputed 03-17-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBig-Ballz
Who Gives a ****
Ray A
K.Korver
Morrow
JJ.Redick
A Aflalo
James Jones
Dorrel Wright
and a thousand more are way better than him at 3's. :confusedshrug:

You're quite the negative one. I've seen like three of your posts and all of them are bashing something. Take your pills before you post.

Sarcastic 03-17-2011 09:14 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
D'Antoni ball at its finest.

IBig-Ballz 03-17-2011 09:17 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
You're quite the negative one. I've seen like three of your posts and all of them are bashing something. Take your pills before you post.

Not funny people overdosed and died for this shit and you take it as a joke :facepalm

IBig-Ballz 03-17-2011 09:18 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LastChanceToWin
You're an idiot. Douglas doesn't shoot open 3's. Most of his 3's are contested, yet he still finds a way to make them.

Knicks FO are the Idiots for trading the whole team for a person who just likes to score and thats it.

Clutch 03-17-2011 09:18 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBig-Ballz
Who Gives a ****
Ray A
K.Korver
Morrow
JJ.Redick
A Aflalo
James Jones
Dorrel Wright
and a thousand more are way better than him at 3's. :confusedshrug:


Career-high three points made in one game:
Korver 7
Morrow 6
Redick 6
Afflalo 6
Jones 6

Douglas 9

Man had a great night.Who cares about those guys.
If one of those guys scored 9 threes in the single game I would congratulate him just like I will congratulate Douglas.

CONGRATULATIONS TONEY :cheers:

IBig-Ballz 03-17-2011 09:23 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Fine I was a bit harsh. That is pretty nice. Im just that person who gets moody and it carries with me.

Patrick Chewing 03-17-2011 10:27 PM

Re: Douglas 8/10 from 3, 4th quarter to go
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunk
I honestly think if Billups can mentor Douglas, I'd rather have Douglas as our future PG because he's been here he knows how the system works, he knows the players well, and we could get him cheaper allowing the Knicks to sign a center to a MLE deal (if there is one) this summer.


Billups was very much like Douglas earlier in his career, not very much a PG, more of a scorer but he became a champion.


The mere fact that he's an explosive scorer is why I like him coming off the bench instead. He's not that court savvy and is somewhat turnover prone. With mentoring though he will get better, but I think our future at PG is elsewhere. I think we can get a good one in the draft.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy