Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Earl Barron (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214505)

WRECK!A!NIZE 03-21-2011 10:30 PM

Earl Barron

Did the Bucks release him?

knickscity 03-21-2011 11:00 PM

Re: Earl Barron

Really not sure, but he can't really help us now because he wouldn't be eligible for a playoff roster.

WRECK!A!NIZE 03-21-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Really not sure, but he can't really help us now because he wouldn't be eligible for a playoff roster.

Thought they could sign him if he was released today.second 10 day contract is up.

Scoooter 03-21-2011 11:10 PM

Who the **** cares? Stop hanging your hats on this guy as some kind of savior.

knickscity 03-21-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRECK!A!NIZE
Thought they could sign him if he was released today.second 10 day contract is up.

They could but he can't play in the playoffs, the deadline was a couple of weeks ago.

Clutch 03-22-2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

March 1st is a deadline for waived players.

He isn't waived,he is a normal free agent.
If he is signed he will be available in the playoffs,I'm pretty sure.

franchize 03-22-2011 11:56 AM

Yea I think he can play.He won't be waived.His contract will just be up.

Quote:

Who the **** cares? Stop hanging your hats on this guy as some kind of savior.

He's not a savior but he is someone who will mroe than likely score and rebound every game...unlike Knickscity's favorite player lmao

knickscity 03-22-2011 12:18 PM

Personally I think if D'antoni asks for him, he'd get him.

Just like D'antoni asked for Jeffries.

Here is Walsh's latest quote:
"If we can do something to help the team, we’ll do it. But I'm not sure that's the answer," Walsh said prior to Monday night's game against Boston. "I think you've got to have somebody who’s going to be out there and can impact on the game, and I don’t know if he's a that level yet. He could be. I liked the way he played last year."

Link

BTW this portion is more telling.....

"We have 15 players, we’re not playing big guys a lot, we’re starting to play them now, I want to see how that goes and see where that fits in," Walsh said. "I don’t know that we would cut somebody right now in order to bring him in."

knickscity 03-22-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Yea I think he can play.He won't be waived.His contract will just be up.

He's not a savior but he is someone who will mroe than likely score and rebound every game...unlike Knickscity's favorite player lmao

:applause:
Ha Ha.... my favorite Knick right now is Melo.

Primarily because if we gonna stay with offense first, it needs to got through him.

Then.......

Fields
Chauncey
Stat
Shawne
Jeffries...in this exact order.

lebob23 03-22-2011 12:32 PM

My top ten current Knicks:

Fields
STAT
Douglas
:no:

WRECK!A!NIZE 03-22-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

BTW this portion is more telling.....

"We have 15 players, we’re not playing big guys a lot, we’re starting to play them now, I want to see how that goes and see where that fits in," Walsh said. "I don’t know that we would cut somebody right now in order to bring him in."

We have Balkman,Brown ,and Rautins who never play but somehow we can't use a center who averaged a double double last year next to David Lee.:wtf:

I like Ronny alot but in 18.1 minutes 4.2 ppg 3.3 rpg 1.2 blk
EB in 14.1 minutes 3.8 ppg 3.3rpg .3 blk

I think if he gets minutes he is productive moreso that what we get currently.

knickscity 03-22-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

We have Balkman,Brown ,and Rautins who never play but somehow we can't use a center who averaged a double double last year next to David Lee.:wtf:

I like Ronny alot but in 18.1 minutes 4.2 ppg 3.3 rpg 1.2 blk
EB in 14.1 minutes 3.8 ppg 3.3rpg .3 blk

I think if he gets minutes he is productive moreso that what we get currently.

I think you may have missed the point of the quote.

Walsh is basically saying that D'antoni doesn't plays bigs, so he can't decide whom of D'antoni's "shooters" he would have to cut to make room.

WRECK!A!NIZE 03-22-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

I think you may have missed the point of the quote.

Walsh is basically saying that D'antoni doesn't plays bigs, so he can't decide whom of D'antoni's "shooters" he would have to cut to make room.

No I got it that's why I listed the "non-shooters"that are wasting space.On another note why did they trade Randolph again?

It seems like a just to do it type thing.I would probably jump ship if I wasn't so used to this team sucking.

knickscity 03-22-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

No I got it that's why I listed the "non-shooters"that are wasting space.On another note why did they trade Randolph again?

It seems like a just to do it type thing.I would probably jump ship if I wasn't so used to this team sucking.

Randolph was a bone head, talented, but just never really got his game together.

I'll never jump ship though.

Knicks fan for life.

Even though the last time they won was the year I was born.

franchize 03-22-2011 01:56 PM

Walsh,you mean to tell me you can't cut Andy Rautins or Jared Jeffries to bring him in?I mean seriously,Turiaf had more points last night than Jeffries has gotten pretty much since he's been here.We also got no production from our bench last night.NONE! We need to bring in someone who can play.Damn bringing in these guys because they take a charge here and there.Luther Head got cut,why not bring him in as a spark off the bench.I never thought I'd say this but I wouldnt mind having Nate Robinson back.We need guys liek that to spark our offense when we're having lulls and to be inspirational.Amare's a cool dude.Melo's a cool dude.Billups is a cool guy.Fields is kinda reserved.Jeffries is timid.Williams is kinda quiet.Everyone except for Turiaf and maybe Bill Walker is laid back.We need someone with some fire in the locker room.