Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Im not the biggest Lebron fan but... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215610)

opps 03-29-2011 10:35 PM

Im not the biggest Lebron fan but...

Dude sounds extremely humble in his interview. He gave the Cavs their props, spoke great about the fans, said he was just using the restroom lol, said his triple double didnt mean anything. Even if it was for show it was a good look.

1rkrage 03-29-2011 10:39 PM

Re: Im not the biggest Lebron fan but...

:oldlol:

Grim 03-29-2011 10:39 PM

He ain't got shiit to say.

sixer6ad 03-29-2011 10:39 PM

Has been that way all 8 years in the league. Outstanding interview.

Just be careful if you get in his way in life. Don't expect a tip, don't speak to him unless he speaks first, and just realize he's Lebron and you're not. The dead giveaway for me is that his publicist prints out every instance that LBJ Foundation does something. Dude needs to practice random acts of kindness and not look for an award each time he gives away a computer.

He is not required to be a good person to be a great player, but he's not a good person.

Bandito 03-29-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixer6ad

Just be careful if you get in his way in life. Don't expect a tip, don't speak to him unless he speaks first, and just realize he's Lebron and you're not. The dead giveaway for me is that his publicist prints out every instance that LBJ Foundation does something. Dude needs to practice random acts of kindness and not look for an award each time he gives away a computer.

He is not required to be a good person to be a great player, but he's not a good person.

Dude he appears to be a good person that probably genuinely likes people around him that he tries to please everyone. Of course that is a problem with him as he seem immature at times (even though he probably is).

kaiiu 03-29-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Lol I know ppl thst work at the Q that said if you dared look at him, you would get fired

DuMa 03-29-2011 10:45 PM

he probably felt pity more than a loss.

asdf1990 03-29-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiiu
Lol I know ppl thst work at the Q that said if you dared look at him, you would get fired

I know people. who know people. who have twitter sources that said lebron is a really friendly person and signs autographs for everyone.

RedBlackAttack 03-29-2011 10:54 PM

I do think that his time in Miami has given him a new found respect for the passion of the fans in Cleveland. I give him credit for basically saying that in the interview. James is such a paradox... It is hard to peg him down.

There are times when he sounds truly humble and not as though he is just saying it for the PR aspect of things... And, other times when he appears to be the most arrogant person in NBA history.

I guess growing up with a camera in your face can be hard... That is the moral of the story.

rizzy 03-29-2011 10:59 PM

That's one thing that made the city of Cle so attached to Lebron, guy was ALWAYS out in public, in Akron, downtown Cleveland, at normal clubs and bars your average person would go. I've personally caught him out three times downtown, I stood 5 ft from him and Varajao at LUX. Not in a gated VIP. Kobe takes a chopper to practice hrs away, Lebron hops on 77n and is in Independence in 10 min

Celebs go to Hollywood because the public treats them like a normal person rather than a celeb. That's how the city of Cle treated LBJ, like a Clevelander.

Yao Ming's Foot 03-29-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzy
That's one thing that made the city of Cle so attached to Lebron, guy was ALWAYS out in public, in Akron, downtown Cleveland, at normal clubs and bars your average person would go. I've personally caught him out three times downtown, I stood 5 ft from him and Varajao at LUX. Not in a gated VIP. Kobe takes a chopper to practice hrs away, Lebron hops on 77n and is in Independence in 10 min

Celebs go to Hollywood because the public treats them like a normal person rather than a celeb. That's how the city of Cle treated LBJ, like a Clevelander.

How long do you think it would take if Kobe took public transportation from his home to practice?
:oldlol:

sixer6ad 03-29-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Honest to God, it has hurt us all so much, but people at the Q put on Wizard of Oz and sang Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.

There are horror stories about him up there. Him leaving changed some lives up there, but MANY people were happy.

TNT interview with Craig Sager = Gentlemen
10 seconds later on the walk to the locker room = A Mean Idiot

He certainly cannot be blamed for all of it...he did have some tough sh-- happen to him - and I'm not kidding.

kaiiu 03-29-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Honest to God, it has hurt us all so much, but people at the Q put on Wizard of Oz and sang Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.

There are horror stories about him up there. Him leaving changed some lives up there, but MANY people were happy.

TNT interview with Craig Sager = Gentlemen
10 seconds later on the walk to the locker room = A Mean Idiot

He certainly cannot be blamed for all of it...he did have some tough sh-- happen to him - and I'm not kidding.

:oldlol: lol honestly its the same work for them because of all the sellouts this year. Only difference is it ends in mid April because cavs won't be in the playoffs. My sister work there now actually

opps 03-29-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

:oldlol: lol honestly its the same work for them because of all the sellouts this year. Only difference is it ends in mid April because cavs won't be in the playoffs. My sister work there now actually

Yeah props to the Cavs fans for still being number #3 in attendance. Thats amazing :applause:

OKCThunderUP 03-29-2011 11:41 PM

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/28148590

Quote:

There's what they said after Cleveland beat Miami Tuesday night, and then there's what they really said. Post-game comments deciphered.

Posted by Matt Moore
Dan Gilbert

What he said: "NOT IN OUR GARAGE!" (On Twitter.)

What he meant: "NOT IN OUR GARAGE! AGAIN. WHERE GARAGE=OUR $100 MILLION ARENA WHERE I MAINTAIN HIGH TICKET PRICES FOR YOU TO WATCH A 15-58 TEAM."

Eric Spoelstra

What he said: "We got what we deserved."

What he meant: "We got what LeBron deserved. Or what Bosh deserved. Or what I deserved for calling plays for Chris Bosh."

What he said: "We really didn't have a great chance in this game because we didn't defend. Our identity is a little bit lost now."

What he meant: "We really didn't have a great chance because really, when Ryan Hollins is dunking on you, it might be time to pursue another line of work."

Daniel Gibson

What he said: "First time we played these guys, we didn’t give fans what they deserved. Tonight was our way of saying thank you for hanging in there."

What he meant: "First time we played these guys, we got ran out of the building, but it was okay, because LeBron hugged me. Tonight was our way of saying thank you for hanging in there by having attendance drop while we lost the most consecutive games in NBA history. Oh, and after the game, LeBron hugged me!"

LeBron James

What he said: "The fans were unbelievable, I've always said that."

What he meant: "The fans were unbelievable, I've always said that. You know what's also unbelievable? Giving a max contract to a power forward that snagged four rebounds against the 25th best offensive rebounding team in the league. That's pretty unbelievable. It's also unbelievable that I want to give a speech about not getting the help I need against a team I left because I wasn't getting the help I need. I'd say it was ironic if I could stop the tears."

What he said: "We're playing for something bigger."

What he meant: "We're playing to get knocked out in the second round by Boston. So pretty much the same thing I was playing for last year."

:oldlol: :oldlol: