Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MMA Discussion/News thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215880)

Brujesino 03-31-2011 09:54 PM

MMA Discussion/News thread
 
I figured instead of making a bunch of different threads on a injury update or a fight announcement why not just make a big one like the MLB,Hockey,Pro Wrestling threads.

We can still make threads for fight events but everything else could go in here.

Mike Kyle out of Gegard Mousasi fight
Quote:

A very recent broken hand has forced light-heavyweight Mike Kyle (18-8-1 MMA, 2-3-1 SF) to withdraw from a fight next Saturday with former champ Gegard Mousasi (30-3-1 MMA, 2-1 SF) at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley."

Afromowitz said the search for a replacement opponent is underway.

The bout was billed as a title eliminator for the right to face mewly minted titleholder Dan Henderson. It's unclear whether that designation will hold in light of the withdrawal.

Representatives from American Kickboxing Academy where Kyle trains were unaware of the injury situation when contacted today, but said the fighter suffered a broken hand in his most recent fight this past December against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. Pyle lost the fight by knockout after rocking Silva with a punch early in the fight.


I wonder who Strikeforce is going to put in for Kyle.Maybe this is a chance to put someone from the UFC in.

Thiago Silva admits to using roids
http://ringsidereport.com/?p=9127

Jackass18 03-31-2011 09:59 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Fitch is out of the rematch with Penn:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23055/jon-...h-b-j-penn.mma

I hear Condit as the rumor to replace him.

Brujesino 03-31-2011 10:05 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
I wonder how motivated BJ Penn is now that Fitch is out.From the looks of it after their fight it didnt look like he was really into fighting anymore.Lets see how it goes.

Brujesino 04-01-2011 03:38 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Anyone know where i can download the first episode of Tuf 13?Torrent please cant find shit.

pete's montreux 04-01-2011 04:11 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
I was actually going to start a thread like this today when I got home from work. Word.

I've always thought that MMA is right down my alley and why am I not watching it? Anyways, I thought I'd watch Ultimate Fighter this season for an introduction and hopefully I can get into it from that.

Jackass18 04-01-2011 04:53 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Well, the first fight on TUF wasn't very entertaining, but don't let that deter you.

http://www.ultimatefighter.com/
You can watch full episodes from all of the previous seasons. I don't know how long they take to get new episodes up, though.

Brujesino 04-01-2011 05:03 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I was actually going to start a thread like this today when I got home from work. Word.

I've always thought that MMA is right down my alley and why am I not watching it? Anyways, I thought I'd watch Ultimate Fighter this season for an introduction and hopefully I can get into it from that.

TUF is how alot of people got introduced to MMA its a good way to get to know some fighters.


I guess this can be a question for everyone.


Who are your favorite fighters?Top 5 or 3.

Favorite MMA fight you have seen?

Brujesino 04-01-2011 05:07 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Also


:bowdown:

Jackass18 04-01-2011 06:29 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Favorite fighters:

Alistair Overeem
Eddie Alvarez
BJ Penn
GSP

dkmwise 04-01-2011 07:43 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
I wonder how motivated BJ Penn is now that Fitch is out.From the looks of it after their fight it didnt look like he was really into fighting anymore.Lets see how it goes.


I wonder the same thing. And I had no interest in seing Penn/Fitch 2. I didn't even have interest in Penn/Fitch 1.

Only fights I'd be interested in seing BJ in is vs Gilbert Melendez or maybe Gray Maynard. But even then, only if he actually trains 100%

dkmwise 04-01-2011 07:46 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
I guess this can be a question for everyone.


Who are your favorite fighters?Top 5 or 3.

Favorite MMA fight you have seen?


Current Fighters:

GSP
Randy Couture
KenFlo
Jon Jones
Chael Sonnen
Shane Carwin

jaydacris 04-01-2011 08:05 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
rumored ufc 132 bouts

Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber[4]
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller[5]
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Evan Dunham[6]
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman[7]

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader[8

looks like they are trying to clear up that stacked stacked lightweight division

but seriously, who is jim miller gonna fight?

dkmwise 04-01-2011 08:36 PM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydacris
rumored ufc 132 bouts

Bantamweight Championship bout: Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber[4]
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller[5]
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Evan Dunham[6]
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman[7]

Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader[8

looks like they are trying to clear up that stacked stacked lightweight division

but seriously, who is jim miller gonna fight?


Lightweight would be a perfect division for the UFC to have a tournament in. Are they that against ever doing a tournement again?

Maybe in the future Zuffa could brand Strikeforce as strickly tournaments, and UFC as regular mathces and have guys able to go back and forth depending if they are involved in a specific tourny or not

Jackass18 04-02-2011 01:16 AM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Jardine is replacing Mike Kyle. Here's his chance to become relevant again, but it's highly likely he'll lose.

Jackass18 04-02-2011 01:17 AM

Re: MMA Discussion/News thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydacris
but seriously, who is jim miller gonna fight?


I believe I read that if Pettis beats Guida, then Pettis gets the shot, but if Guida wins, then Miller gets the shot.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy