Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217851)

insidehoops 04-14-2011 03:44 AM

2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies

The San Antonio Spurs face the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs.

Discuss the matchup! Strengths of each team, weaknesses, and don't just predict the outcome -- EXPLAIN WHY!

Djsonny 04-14-2011 04:19 AM

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Spurs vs Grizzlies

I hope the spurs sweeps the grizzs, that would show them for tanking the last two games of the season on purpose. Grizzs thinks this would be their easiest matchups. I think experience and coach will easily win this matchup

Jotaro Durant 04-14-2011 04:22 AM

I would say Spurs in 6, mainly the Grizz' length will bother them and they can score a lot in the paint.

G-Funk 04-14-2011 04:28 AM

Man, Spurs get to face all the teams with the biggest FC's The first 2 rounds will show how they will do vs Lakers(if they make it)

Kyle_korver 04-14-2011 05:03 AM

Grizz gonna win if they feed Marc gasol .. I see so much potential in him

O.J A 6'4Mamba 04-14-2011 05:11 AM

We going to need OJ Mayo to play big for us.
Grizzlies in 4

alenleomessi 04-14-2011 05:16 AM

Spurs in 6 if Manu is healthy

toxicxr6 04-14-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
sas 4-1

Ageed.... SAS take games 1 and 2 at home... Memphis take game 3 at home... SAS respond in game 4 and 5..

Nero Tulip 04-14-2011 10:41 AM

ISH needs a purge. All the people who can't read and are just posting predictions should just get an instant ban.

Honestly out of the 6-8 spots in the west I think that's the best team. The Grizzlies are not going to be a cake walk, with their size they can pose problems to the Spurs. But the SA's experience in the playoffs, its depth, and home court advantage, I think they'll win. I think they'll win their home court games, and take one at Memphis. 4-1 for the Spurs.

Droid101 04-14-2011 12:27 PM

Grizzlies come in and sucker punch the Spurs, stealing the first game in a nail-biter.

Spurs respond by taking the next two... and the Grizz fight their way to even the series 2-2.

Spurs win at home, Grizz win at home, and it's a toss up in a tough game seven with Tony Allen and Shane Battier locking down the Spurs perimeter scoring, and Tim Duncan powerless to stop Z-Bo's relentless scoring assault.

Grizzlies in seven, and I'm being serious.

Bajanmale 04-14-2011 01:19 PM

I'll firstly like to thank the Spurs for giving the Lakers an early Christmas gift the easy Hornets! How ironic it is that the night after you sat your starters because of "fear of injuries":confusedshrug: you play your starters, not only did you lost but a player got hurt:facepalm

Grizzlies please I hope you will do justice but then again u gave them the gift of 2 championships when you handed them Paul Gasol.:confusedshrug:

NBASTATMAN 04-14-2011 02:35 PM

IF Manu is ok than the Spurs in 6. If he is hurt than the Spurs in 7

niko 04-14-2011 03:32 PM

If Gino is healthy SA is 5,6 with Memphis winning the only competitive games. If this is a situation where Gino has a lingering injury, aside from Sinjackal and the SA fans apologizing to me for calling me an ass for suggesting an injury could derail the spurs i really think SA is in trouble. They've been backpedaling for weeks, the big three becoming the big two at this point would really hurt them.

Papaya Petee 04-14-2011 03:52 PM

I say Grizzlies motivate themselves, go out there and give everything they got, and fight to 6 or even maybe 7 games and leave the playoffs in a very positive manner.

ATL_Bball_King 04-14-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
I say Grizzlies motivate themselves, go out there and give everything they got, and fight to 6 or even maybe 7 games and leave the playoffs in a very positive manner.

Yea i think Grizz is one of those up and coming teams...They are gonna get a taste of these playoffs fighting and taking spurs to the limit...And be hungrier next season...But they will exit in style...

Other than pure experience jus looking at matchups the Grizzlies dont look to bad against them...Especially if they had Rudy...If they had Rudy i prolly could of called an upset...

But better coach and experience will win...But there will be a fight