Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Score vs. Sportsnet vs. TSN (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218017)

Skywalker 04-15-2011 01:59 PM

The Score vs. Sportsnet vs. TSN

I often see things which should be discussed on these channels so this can just be the topic for all of it.

First thing, how lame are Brent Furtney and Paul Brothers LOL huge fails gadamn. They shoulda picked that blonde for sure instead of Furtney.

Also, for me its TheScore/TSN in a tie followed by SN in terms of quality.
:cheers:

Chamberlain 04-15-2011 02:56 PM

Re: The Score vs. Sportsnet vs. TSN

Sportsnet is at the bottom of my list.

TSN was always the powerhouse, and I felt a few years ago that The Score had caught up, but in the past 2 years or so it kinda went downhill.

TSN is my #1, but The Score is right behind it.

Qwyjibo 04-15-2011 03:30 PM

It all depends on which sports you like. I don't like hockey so TSN is completely worthless to me. I really like the Score's format, highlights and the on-air personalities. I don't like most of that from Sportsnet but they cover a ton of baseball since they have all the Jays games. I love baseball so Sportsnet has a place in my world.

Chamberlain 04-15-2011 03:38 PM

Good points Q. I'm not a huge baseball fan, and Sportsnet isn't on par with the other networks on the other sports, so for me, I hardly watch it.

The Score probably has the most diverse coverage, but tends to mainly focus on basketball and the talk-show aspect.

TSN is 90% hockey, so if your not into that, your not gonna pay attention to it much.

brwnman 04-15-2011 03:48 PM

The Score...

Dr.Funk 04-15-2011 07:53 PM

TSN and it's not even close

Zan Tabak 04-15-2011 08:11 PM

The Score...court surfin baby!! :banana:

BoogieWoogieMan 04-15-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The Score...court surfin baby!! :banana:

+1

they also show a lot more NBA and Soccer highlights compare to the other two.

T-Low 04-15-2011 10:21 PM

The Score always was the station for me. I loved their ticker a lot more than TSN's also...

kaiteng 04-15-2011 10:21 PM

The Score used to be the best of three but they have lost a bunch of talents i.e. Cabbie and My Man D, Adnan Virk, Kooleas, Morency etc. Still, its TV soccer and MMA coverage is still the best. TBJ is a good Cabbie replacement. Oh, and Tim & Sid Uncut is the best general sport talk podcast right now.

TSN and Sportsnet are both mostly hockey especially the latter. Though both is trying to cover more sports such as TSN having every Canadian MLS games and SN having Indian Premier League cricket.

RaininThrees 04-15-2011 10:25 PM

The Score was amazing when all it was was replays.

TSN has the highest quality of the 3 networks, but their relentless focus on hockey and the CFL annoy me. And I like the CFL and hockey.

Sportsnet has the Jays and.... the Jays.

Harrison_Barnes 04-15-2011 10:45 PM

TSN > The Score > Sportsnet

hassano 04-16-2011 02:07 AM

well i dont really care much for hockey, so TSN isnt that great for me
SN just sucks (i find the quality the worst out of all three)

i do love the score tho, i feel like they have more sports talk show/ opinionated sports shows than the other two who have mainly more highlights... plus they focus mainly on basketball and soccer so thats great

Qwyjibo 04-16-2011 02:09 AM

I did lose a bit of respect from the Score after watching some "Grudge something something" MTV-style show where someone calls out a bully from high school and they have a pathetic boxing match to settle the grudge. One of the most worthless things I've ever seen on TV.

And Renee Paquette, why must you be such a big WWE fan?!!? Noooooooooooooooooo

rosonviyavong 04-16-2011 04:46 AM

Sports viewing quality is TSN. It's always so clear when I watch since I don't have HD so I prefer watching sports on TSN.

On air personality is THE SCORE and not even close. Listen to "TIM AND SID UNCUT" shits hilarious!