Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Official: "We Need To Bring This Player In" Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219349)

Draz 04-24-2011 11:09 PM

The Official: "We Need To Bring This Player In" Thread
 
What player needs to be recruited to our team? I think we need size, Dalenbert would be fine. We need to replace Jeffries, Turiaf, Fields later on.

We need a 5 starting line up thats going to be our line up officially, not continuously changing.

Scoooter 04-24-2011 11:14 PM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
LOL, "Dalembert would be fine". I thought we wanted to win championships?

bluechox2 04-24-2011 11:19 PM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
with 2/5's of our lineup set, hers what we need:

fields would be used as trade bait before furthur regression occurs cus this guy plays better in a motion offense and now that we moved to a iso offense, hes practically worthless unless he can improve his jumper tremendously over the summer. we need to upgrade this spot with a real shooter (jamal crawford)

dalembert would be a decent upgrade over turiaf/jeffries(what kind of rotation is that) but i think he will go after the biggest deal and i dont see knicks giving more than a half of the mle.

deandre would be a nice young athletic fit but the only way to get him is probably a full mle and hoping that clips dont match (which i think they will).

Gasol would have been the best possible center for us but i hear the grizz will give him a big deal.

tyson chandler is available but expect mark cuban to throw money at him
one knock on him is that this guy is always in foul trouble and needs a real pg to spoon feed him on offense or he will be useless.

PG: one word Chris paul

dream lineup:
pg: paul
sg: fields, crawford as 6th man
sf: melo
pf: stat
c: gasol

Draz 04-24-2011 11:25 PM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
We need to go after Crawford as our sixth man he's clutch and I think we should try to get back chandler we need someone to score he's perfect.

bluechox2 04-24-2011 11:31 PM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
jerome jordan stats:
http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...layerID=105287

Patrick Chewing 04-25-2011 12:20 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
I think it's clear we need to address the Center position this off-season and not worry about 2012 just yet. There are plenty of big men available with the likes of Gasol, Jordan, Chandler, Dalembert, Nene, and you could even take chances on Yao Ming, and Greg Oden.

I think we can honestly draft a good point guard in the draft. I'm hoping Kemba Walker can fall to us, or hopefully the Knicks can trade up. If Kemba is not available, then we should draft Shelvin Mack or Nolan Smith.

Sarcastic 04-25-2011 12:41 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
We need Chris Paul. The dude is back and healthy, and killing it with the Hornets.

Bano114 04-25-2011 12:48 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
The Center we have the best shot at signing is probably Dalembert. I can't complain with him, he rebounds and plays defense. We can leave the scoring to STAT and Melo, he just needs to do his role.

I wouldn't mind keeping Turiaf as a role player. He could come in for Dalembert and provide some energy.

I also think Jamal as our sixth man is a step in the right direction. The dude knows how to ball. He's the type of player that will flourish under D'Antonis system.

The hard part about getting these guys is not using up our cap that we plan on spending in the summer of 2012. First and foremost we need a PG. Getting Dalembert and Crawford would be nice but I'd rather take a run at CP3 or D-Will first because after them we can probably find a guy who could do what Dalembert does and we could get a good sixth man. Or who knows, maby Toney Douglas takes that roll?

And you never know, maybe we could solve our big man problem through the draft?

It feels wierd seeing the Knicks with a first round pick. Let's put it to use.

NY-Knicks 04-25-2011 03:48 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I think it's clear we need to address the Center position this off-season and not worry about 2012 just yet. There are plenty of big men available with the likes of Gasol, Jordan, Chandler, Dalembert, Nene, and you could even take chances on Yao Ming, and Greg Oden.

I think we can honestly draft a good point guard in the draft. I'm hoping Kemba Walker can fall to us, or hopefully the Knicks can trade up. If Kemba is not available, then we should draft Shelvin Mack or Nolan Smith.


I like those picks. Maybe by using our first rounder and Toney Douglas we can trade up for Kemba Walker?

Chauncey Billups / Kemba Walker
Landry Fields / Jamal Crawford / Andy Rautins
Carmelo Anthony / Derrick Brown
Amar'e Stoudemire / Ronny Turiaf
Samuel Dalembert / Shelden Williams

I like this team, especially the combination of scoring and defense from the 2nd line-up.

Clutch 04-25-2011 03:59 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bano114
The Center we have the best shot at signing is probably Dalembert. I can't complain with him, he rebounds and plays defense. We can leave the scoring to STAT and Melo, he just needs to do his role.

I wouldn't mind keeping Turiaf as a role player. He could come in for Dalembert and provide some energy.

I also think Jamal as our sixth man is a step in the right direction. The dude knows how to ball. He's the type of player that will flourish under D'Antonis system.

The hard part about getting these guys is not using up our cap that we plan on spending in the summer of 2012. First and foremost we need a PG. Getting Dalembert and Crawford would be nice but I'd rather take a run at CP3 or D-Will first because after them we can probably find a guy who could do what Dalembert does and we could get a good sixth man. Or who knows, maby Toney Douglas takes that roll?

And you never know, maybe we could solve our big man problem through the draft?

It feels wierd seeing the Knicks with a first round pick. Let's put it to use.

Please,don't mention D'Antoni's system.
I don't want players who will flourish in his system.
I want to have good players no matter what.

At the end of the day,if D'Antoni will be here long term then we are doomed no matter who we sign.

NY-Knicks 04-25-2011 05:40 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
Please,don't mention D'Antoni's system.
I don't want players who will flourish in his system.
I want to have good players no matter what.

At the end of the day,if D'Antoni will be here long term then we are doomed no matter who we sign.


Jamal fits any system. He's a great shooter and can create plays, which will be great to have off the bench. Instant 6th man of the year contender.

Plus, I still have his Knick jersey. :lol

Clutch 04-25-2011 06:47 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Jamal fits any system. He's a great shooter and can create plays, which will be great to have off the bench. Instant 6th man of the year contender.

Plus, I still have his Knick jersey. :lol

Economical :D

Draz 04-25-2011 08:21 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
I want nene so bad.

franchize 04-25-2011 09:07 AM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
I can't honestly see us getting Paul until next summer.We simply do not have the pieces unless NO is willing to take our pick this year plus Landry n Toney (highly unlikely).

I woudl stay clear of Jamal and Chandler.Theyre probably going to be overpaid.I like both but I don't wanna be back to square one with our cap situation for guys who aren't superstars.

I agree with Clutch about D'Antoni.We need guys who are good...period. To hell with D'Antoni's system.Bottom line is,if he's still our coach....we aren't going to win.

I'd like us to bring back Shawne Williams provided he isn't asking too much.He played well for us.I'd liek to keep Landry Fields only because he's super cheap. Yea he did kinda get exposed this series but remember...he was a 2nd round pick and he only makes 6 figures (wish I could say that about myself lmao).

If DeAndre Jordan is attainable,I'd love to have him.I just don't see it happening.Who would we give up?Landry,Douglas,Billups?Same with Marc Gasol.

Dalembert is the most realistic solution.He shouldn't be too expensive.I doubt he'll want to still be a Sacramento King (if they even stay there).I'd imagine he'd be easily attainable.

Draz 04-25-2011 05:34 PM

Re: The Official: We Need To Bring This Player In
 
We have to go after what we can get. We got to stop living off of the future, CP3 can walk here if he wants.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy