Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   D-Will, King Tour Barclays Center; Williams Calls Arena Site "Special" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219901)

D12"Magic" 04-28-2011 06:29 PM

D-Will, King Tour Barclays Center; Williams Calls Arena Site "Special"

[b]Hard hat securely on his head, Deron Williams got his first look Wednesday at the place he's likely to call home. After a lunch in the city, Billy King brought D-Will to Atlantic and Flatbush avenues in Brooklyn to view progress at the Barclays Center construction site and meet with workers who've been working six days a week to get the place ready for the 2012-13 season, thanking one for his work on the arena.

"It's good to see the area. I hadn't been to this area yet," said Williams. "It's different. This is in the heart of the city. It's kind of like the Garden. It's the same feel. It's special."On his Facebook page, he added, "This place will be a ballers' paradise!"

The visit impressed Chris Broussard, who tweeted that it could be an indicator D-Will is "warming up to idea of staying w/Nets." Williams himself updated his official website to include new Nets-centric material.

In an interview before lunch with Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno, King reiterated that he is "very confident" that Williams will re-sign but deflected a question about whether D-Will has told him that he's prepared to sign an agreement once the collective bargaining agreement is signed. He also deflected questions about the Nets' interest in Dwight Howard.

He did say the Nets need "superstars". "You have to have one or two players who can make a play and win a game because defensive players are so good," said King. "But you've got to be careful just getting guys labeled 'superstars'. You've got to get guys who fit into the team concept."

Credit goes to Netsdaily.com

We needed something new to discuss here it is. It feels good to read the words he said about this place.

D12"Magic" 04-28-2011 08:23 PM

Re: D-Will, King Tour Barclays Center; Williams Calls Arena Site "Special"

I sure hope Prok and BK know what there doing.

Nets fan 93 04-28-2011 09:29 PM

Hopefully he resigns this summer.

gigantes 04-29-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Williams himself updated his official website to include new Nets-centric material.
that was nice to read.

also, as painful as it was to watch the magic melt down against the hawks, it does play right in to ours and the lakers' hands. and hopefully someone can shuttle dwight howard over to the arena to help tip the balance to the nets.

RecSpecs110 04-29-2011 04:27 PM

Losing to the Hawks in the 1st round just might be enough to convince Dwight that if he really wants to contend for a championship, Orlando is not the place to be. I mean, the Hawks have talent, but they execute so poorly. I expect the Bulls to win that series in 5 if not 4.

And as bad as the Hawks were, Orlando was worse. That team has no balance and they're stuck over the cap with bad contracts.

So the question remains: could it happen? Could the Nets and Magic work out a deal with Dwight agreeing to sign an extension? Could he make Nets fans' dreams come true in finally getting us some damn respect around this league?

We shall see...

D12"Magic" 04-29-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Losing to the Hawks in the 1st round just might be enough to convince Dwight that if he really wants to contend for a championship, Orlando is not the place to be. I mean, the Hawks have talent, but they execute so poorly. I expect the Bulls to win that series in 5 if not 4.

And as bad as the Hawks were, Orlando was worse. That team has no balance and they're stuck over the cap with bad contracts.

So the question remains: could it happen? Could the Nets and Magic work out a deal with Dwight agreeing to sign an extension? Could he make Nets fans' dreams come true in finally getting us some damn respect around this league?

We shall see...

Otis Smith said hes not gonna trade Dwight and he will risk Free Agency.
I dont want to got though the Melo Drama again so I hope We workout a trade this summer But that is Not Likely at all. Im a bit worried that the Lakers are one of his choices.

Oh and this got me pumped, Deron and Dwight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577F3raO4rQ

RecSpecs110 04-29-2011 05:23 PM

Saw that vid, too. It got me so pumped!

And I would take whatever Otis Smith says with a grain of salt. This is a guy who didn't want to keep Hedo for more money two years ago and then traded for him when he's playing much worse and making the same money (giving up Gortat and Pietrus, both valuable pieces).

This is a guy who traded for the worst contract ever and a knucklehead in Arenas.

Otis Smith is not such a bright guy, at least as a GM, and I'm not really going to trust what he says. Losing Dwight in free agency would be dumb, but pretty normal by his standards.

gigantes 04-29-2011 07:23 PM

if howard goes to FA, i don't actually see how the lakers could sign him. i see their team salary was $91 mil this year, with all of the major contracts being multi-year deals. and with the new CBA, their situation is likely to get even worse.

moment of "WTF"- even luke walton makes $5 mil and steve blake makes $4 mil per year(!)

while at the same time, it's hard to see even otis smith trading howard for bynum plus filler and picks. any lakers' picks are going to be some of the lowest value in the league, for one thing.

so basically, i don't understand how the lakers are a viable option for howard. anybody understand how that could be?

RecSpecs110 04-29-2011 08:37 PM

Because the Nets are unpopular and people are haters. They know the Nets are rising so they take every route to deflect any positive vibe going their way. No matter how much sense it makes, they're not going to listen.

Honestly, just look back at the Abbot aritcle. Why wouldn't Dwight want to play with Deron? Because they're the Nets! The Nets. That's all those idiots can say.

Lakers can't sign a max player, it's not even close. So forget it. And logistically, a trade to the Lakers makes little sense either. Rebuilding teams want healthy young pieces, not old and injured.

And why would LA take part in any trade that guts their team or gives up valuable pieces. Last time I checked, they won two titles with these pieces, so I would think they should just ride them out until they burn out. Unless, they can get Dwight for like Bynum staight up, which would be the absolute dumbest move for Orlando.

RecSpecs110 04-29-2011 08:57 PM

I think that two things need to happen for Dwight to go to LA:

1. He has to force a trade there and not accept signing an extension with any other team.

2. LA has to be willing to gut their frontcourt and trade at least two valuable pieces (ie Bynum and Odom) and take back at least one bad contract from Orlando.

Otherwise, i can't see it happening. It makes no sense.

gigantes 04-29-2011 10:32 PM

let's see what the lakers fans propose:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...39#post5878439

somehow i don't see them going for the bad contract, though. they are almost certainly going to look at it as- "you're the one who's desperate to trade, we're giving you bynum and odom, and you want MORE?"

not to mention, turkoglu and arenas are not just two bad contracts, but a dreadful contract and a nightmare contract, respectively.

RecSpecs110 04-30-2011 01:19 AM

Yeah well surprise surprise, Lakers fans are complete homers. Not much better than Knicks fans.

I read some of the comments and they're like "Yeah, I'm scared as hell of Bynum's knees and his inability to toughen up down low..........but I'm sure Orlando would interest us in a Bynum for Howard trade straight up. As for Bynum AND Odom? Are you crazy?"

Idiots. As if the world revolves around the Lakers. Sure, I would also love a Howard for Lopez trade straight up, but I have some sense that's a pipe dream, and the salaries don't match.

Anybody trading for Howard has to come out hurting. People aren't going to cater your next championship. It's called making a sacrifice. Of course LA fans don't know anything about that, they got Pau Gasol as a christmas gift.

Nets fan 93 04-30-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Yeah well surprise surprise, Lakers fans are complete homers. Not much better than Knicks fans.

I read some of the comments and they're like "Yeah, I'm scared as hell of Bynum's knees and his inability to toughen up down low..........but I'm sure Orlando would interest us in a Bynum for Howard trade straight up. As for Bynum AND Odom? Are you crazy?"

Idiots. As if the world revolves around the Lakers. Sure, I would also love a Howard for Lopez trade straight up, but I have some sense that's a pipe dream, and the salaries don't match.

Anybody trading for Howard has to come out hurting. People aren't going to cater your next championship. It's called making a sacrifice. Of course LA fans don't know anything about that, they got Pau Gasol as a christmas gift.

agreed.

gigantes 04-30-2011 06:45 PM

throwing it out to the ISH community:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=220191

RecSpecs110 05-01-2011 12:56 AM

Nicely put, man. Colleague? HAHA