Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Column: Tyson Chandler a rare difference-maker in paint for Mavericks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220791)

insidehoops 05-04-2011 06:31 PM

Column: Tyson Chandler a rare difference-maker in paint for Mavericks

Dallas counters with an interior presence of its own - a presence this club hasn’t known since the late 1980s with James Donaldson and Roy Tarpley. In his first year with the Mavs, Tyson Chandler has restored that sort of stability inside.

The Lakers past history boasts the likes of Mikan, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, and O’Neal… a basic who’s-who of franchise centers.

In contrast, Chandler might very well represent the best center Dallas has ever had.

I can barely recall Ralph Drollinger, an original Maverick who enjoyed a six-game NBA career. And in the mid-80s, there was Wallace Bryant; probably best remembered for blocking the shot of MVP Moses Malone late in a game to help secure Dallas’ first-ever win over the Philadelphia 76ers.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7629

BarberSchool 05-04-2011 06:43 PM

Re: Column: Tyson Chandler a rare difference-maker in paint for Mavericks

I would tend to agree...Tyson Chandler has been a monumental difference maker...and is likely the best center not only in the Nowitzki era, but in Dallas Mavericks franchise history.

DMAVS41 05-04-2011 06:49 PM

Mavs fans have been waiting for a decade for this. We finally got a good center. Thats all this team was ever missing. Its just a shame it took so long. We tried, but Dampier was just a bust.

This is the best Mavericks team ever. Even with Butler out. We finally have a defensive presence next to Dirk to help out on the boards and protect the rim.

LAClipsFan33 05-04-2011 06:51 PM

Tyson muscled the sh!t out of Bynum game 1

8BeastlyXOIAD 05-04-2011 06:52 PM

I heard Mark Cuban was willing to trade Tyson Chandler to the Wolves for the rights to Ricky Rubio:cheers: :cheers:

Clippersfan86 05-04-2011 06:53 PM

He deserves respect. Like Dirk said.. he's brought an aspect Dallas has never had. A very good defensive presence in the lane and a tough player.

alwaysunny 05-04-2011 06:57 PM

Now I know why Kevin McHale thought Chandler should've won DPOY

Jasper 05-04-2011 07:27 PM

Bradley was the man before Chandler ...

Nelson will never admit that Shawn was 7'6" ... but he was a gaint of a man :milton

Jasper 05-04-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
Tyson muscled the sh!t out of Bynum game 1

There is many average centers that will never get credit for playing man-up ball.

Most centers of this day do NOT have the skills to force other centers out of their comfort zone.
Chandler reminds me of a center that played for NY and then the Bulls

Name that center ________________

BarberSchool 05-04-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
There is many average centers that will never get credit for playing man-up ball.

Most centers of this day do NOT have the skills to force other centers out of their comfort zone.

The only man to have a psychological advantage over Both Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing......Bill Cartwright.

LAClipsFan33 05-04-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper

Bill Cartwright ?

Dude used to put that leg back and nobody could move him