Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Congrats Miami and Miami fans. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2209)

TMacsOneGoodEye 06-21-2006 01:08 AM

Congrats Miami and Miami fans.
 
D-Whistle 1 year later............

Out in the first round. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

All hail King James!!!

Kobe#1fan 06-21-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
I just got home from watching the game away from internet access and I have to give props.

2005-2006 champions. You guys deserve it.

I must admit, during the NBA regular season I didn't think you guys were anything special but once the playoffs hit you guys transformed into something great. Congrats.

Dwanye Wade is truly THEE best player in the NBA.

Again, congratualtions.


Dwanye Wade is truly THEE best player in the NBA. Just look at that sentence 100 times scream and go kill yourself:banghead:

tophy7 06-21-2006 01:42 AM


reppy 06-21-2006 01:59 AM

Yes. All of you out there who were with Miami through all the hard times and not just once Shaq came along.. congratulations.

SsKSpurs21 06-21-2006 02:04 AM

.
 
Quote:

Yes. All of you out there who were with Miami through all the hard times and not just once Shaq came along.. congratulations.

that would be like 2 people. :roll:

the heat bandwagon is leaving the station...all aboard!

TMOGE, i commend you for owning up, not crying and whining and congratulating the heat.

Sandjo 06-21-2006 02:28 AM

Re:
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by reppy
Yes. All of you out there who were with Miami through all the hard times and not just once Shaq came along.. congratulations.



That's just plain dumb. I support Miami because of Shaq. So do lots of people here who have supported him since his days in Orlando. Doesn't make this any less sweeter. On the contrary, I suspect one can enjoy the Heat winning it all even more if things are considered from Shaq's corner.

Most NBA fans are not connected to a particular team, simply because they don't live in any of the cities hosting an NBA team, nor do they have loved ones who have been die-hard fans of a particular team for 20+ years. So they simply like good basketball, like a few players, of like a particular style a team plays (which can and usually changes with the players/coach) If that's what "bandwaggoning" is all about, then those who are doing it are more knowleadgable about basketball then those who consider themselves "true fans". Simply because we get to enjoy the game more, and give props when they're due, regardless of team or player.

shadow 06-21-2006 02:31 AM

congrats.
Much will be said about officiating in this series. But in the end, if you look at the big picture, one team cracked under pressure and the other didn't.

Heat deserved the win. No one really gave them much respect, but in the end they earned it. Congrats Miami fans :)

on a side note I don't feel as bad about Miami winning as I thought I would. I'm probably more ticked off that Alonzo won a ring then I am about shaq. Go figure :\

HALLandOATES 06-21-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandjo
That's just plain dumb. I support Miami because of Shaq. So do lots of people here who have supported him since his days in Orlando. Doesn't make this any less sweeter. On the contrary, I suspect one can enjoy the Heat winning it all even more if things are considered from Shaq's corner.

Most NBA fans are not connected to a particular team, simply because they don't live in any of the cities hosting an NBA team, nor do they have loved ones who have been die-hard fans of a particular team for 20+ years. So they simply like good basketball, like a few players, of like a particular style a team plays (which can and usually changes with the players/coach) If that's what "bandwaggoning" is all about, then those who are doing it are more knowleadgable about basketball then those who consider themselves "true fans". Simply because we get to enjoy the game more, and give props when they're due, regardless of team or player.


I am one of those fans that followed Shaq his whole career, Heat fans from the beggining wouldnt be celebrating with us if it wasn't for Shaq.

cured 06-21-2006 02:40 AM

Mavs played into Miami's hands at the end. Jump shot, jump shot, jump shot. Shaq wasn't as good as Mourning was tonight. When the Mavs needed a stop, they didn't get one. When the Heat missed a shot, they just got a rebound.

The Mavs ran miami out of fouls with just under 10 minutes to play and stopped attacking the basket. Antoine Walker stopped his 3-point brick assault and played inside and was much more effective.

And what else can you say about Wade, other than he's gotta be the best player in the NBA.

Sandjo 06-21-2006 02:41 AM

re
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
I am one of those fans that followed Shaq his whole career, Heat fans from the beggining wouldnt be celebrating with us if it wasn't for Shaq.


Exactly.:cheers:

Shaq :rockon:

G.O.P 06-21-2006 02:45 AM

Thanks to the whole Heat staff, for allowin a fan such as myself to enjoy this moment. Tomorrow its off to the Malls, and the Heat store to buy some new stuff. Probably a new pair of Wades too :pimp:

BFRESH44 06-21-2006 02:47 AM

Feels good. Real mf'in good.

Been thru the most of the expansion woes.

The heartbreaks, when this franchise has had the teams who were good enough to contend but shiit just didn't go right. The Bulls reign, The Allan Houston floater, Zo getting sick....

But now it's finally happened. The dream has been acomplished :pimp:

the even bigger black guy 06-21-2006 02:50 AM

big ups the heat. great win.

wonder how long joe wait will be gone. and yinka

hotsizzle 06-21-2006 02:51 AM

congrats to all miami fans. it was a great season and a great playoffs

Sandjo 06-21-2006 02:54 AM

re
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cured
Mavs played into Miami's hands at the end. Jump shot, jump shot, jump shot. Shaq wasn't as good as Mourning was tonight. When the Mavs needed a stop, they didn't get one. When the Heat missed a shot, they just got a rebound.

The Mavs ran miami out of fouls with just under 10 minutes to play and stopped attacking the basket. Antoine Walker stopped his 3-point brick assault and played inside and was much more effective.

And what else can you say about Wade, other than he's gotta be the best player in the NBA.



I thought the whole series was weird, so was the one with Detroit. I never really dared to believe the Heat could win it all. Hoped they would, prayed they would, but they've had such an inconsistent season that it was hard not to doubt them. And as much as I am elated about this win, and especially about Shaq getting THIS ring, I believe Miami had a lot of luck this year. I don't really think this year's Heat, as a team, played better than they have during last year's playoffs. Detroit happened to play much worse, however, and Dallas had a pretty poor series after beating the Spurs (though much of that was due to Wade). Anyway,

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Shaq, Wade, Zo, Payton, Udonis

:cheers: Heat

What a great day :banana: :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy