Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   May 6: Playoffs, Round 2 - Lakers @ Mavs (Game 3) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221060)

Colby Brian 05-06-2011 04:34 PM

May 6: Playoffs, Round 2 - Lakers @ Mavs (Game 3)

Los Angeles Lakers @ Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 2-0)
Date: May 6th, 2011
Time: 9:30 ET, 6:30 PT
TV: ESPN

Colby Brian 05-06-2011 04:39 PM

Re: May 6: Playoffs, Round 2 - Lakers @ Mavs (Game 3)

Must win game for the lakers, no team has ever came back from a 0-3 deficit

Gundress 05-06-2011 04:40 PM

Good luck Lakers.

brownmamba00 05-06-2011 04:42 PM

Lakers win in 10+ :rockon:

Gundress 05-06-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby Brian
Must win game for the lakers, no team has ever came back from a 0-3 deficit

The Pistons did... when T-Mac was on Magic and T-Mac thought it's over cause of 3-0.....I've never forgot that shit.

When Pistons won...it was 3-1...T-Mac still think it's over then 3-2 T-Mac still think it's over til 3-3...T-Mac got shook :eek: :( and didn't say nothing thne the magic lost

Dwade305 05-06-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundress
The Pistons did... when T-Mac was on Magic and T-Mac thought it's over cause of 3-0.....I've never forgot that shit.

When Pistons won...it was 3-1...T-Mac still think it's over then 3-2 T-Mac still think it's over til 3-3...T-Mac got shook :eek: :( and didn't say nothing thne the magic lost

Pistons came back from 3-1, never was 3-0. Colby's right idk any team has ever come back from 3-0, I think the Blazers almost turned it around on the Mavs in the early 00's, but choked game 7

Bigsmoke 05-06-2011 04:51 PM

Go Mavs!!!!

Gundress 05-06-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwade305
Pistons came back from 3-1, never was 3-0. Colby's right idk any team has ever come back from 3-0, I think the Blazers almost turned it around on the Mavs in the early 00's, but choked game 7

Yeah, you're right....it was 3-1....The Pistons was the first team came back from 3-1, I think.

Colby Brian 05-06-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwade305

it never happened in the nba playoff history

creepingdeath 05-06-2011 05:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23_sTLuZns

Colby Brian 05-06-2011 05:36 PM

are mods gonna sticky this?

12shyloc26 05-06-2011 05:49 PM

"I am a Laker fan. That’s probably painfully obvious. In my opinion, a lot of Laker fans are apologists. They focus on the positive, and are as bright and sunny as the Los Angeles weather.

Yeah, that’s not me.

I’m a complainer. You want to complain about the Lakers, look no further: @GotEm_Coach. I had a twitter meltdown after Game 2, where I outlined my Laker plan for the future, which includes breaking up this team, win or lose.

The future is dark. Kobe is aging. Question whether Pau can step into the alpha dog role on the team linger. Bynum will never be 100% healthy, and that’s not conjecture. That’s science.

Here’s the plan: Sell high on Bynum, Pau and Odom (and probably everyone else, sans Kobe). Trade them. It’s not personal (I quite like each of those players), it’s business. You go to New Orleans, and inform them of the truth: “You will lose Chris Paul next off-season for nothing, unless you make a trade today.”

I suspect December, into January of next season (if it exists), you’ll hear a lot of trade rumors about a package of Bynum and Odom to New Orleans for Paul and possibly Trevor Ariza. The Lakers will have to continue to dump salary, especially with a potentially new CBA (or have Kobe restructure, which I think when faced with the prospect of never winning another ring, is a distinct possibility), but as I’ve written before, Dwight Howard is a mortal lock to play with the purple and gold. He wants LA. He needs the sunshine and the attention. He wants and entertainment career, and he gets that nowhere else.

Focus on trading for Paul. Force New Orleans to take a chance on a potential franchise center. Paul and Howard carry Kobe into the twilight of his career, with a still young Ariza familiar with the franchise, Kobe and any leftover teammates.

(A salary cap number-cruncher could explain to me why this plan wouldn’t work, and admittedly, I’d have no defense. I just know something like this needs to happen.)

The Los Angeles Lakers are a franchise, not a team. The Lakers want titles, not a title. There’s a time to look forward, and that time is now.

Fast forward to today, and would-be head-coach, Brian Shaw dropped this quote bomb.

“If [players] like the palm trees, the sunny weather and the pretty women in L.A., if you want to keep it, then you better come with it. If you don’t, there are a whole bunch of other guys that would love to be in this position. And this organization is not going to sit around and wait.” - Brian Shaw

Let me tell you, that’s a shot across the bow.

If Brian Shaw can get you, as fans, to believe it is the players’ fault, the organization can move them next winter.

That’s Step 1."

The Truth.

Kiddlovesnets 05-06-2011 05:51 PM

Mavs 116, Lakers 85. Sorry Lakers fans, you will lose your hope right after the end of first quarter.

Droid101 05-06-2011 05:53 PM

Why the hell do the Lakers and Hawks have to play again before the Grizz and Heat?

This makes no sense.

LA_Showtime 05-06-2011 05:54 PM

You do realize that posting someone's work and not citing your sources is plagiarism, right? :oldlol: