Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Commentary on Lakers lacking fight in Game 4 and getting wrecked by Mavs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221708)

insidehoops 05-09-2011 09:39 AM

Commentary on Lakers lacking fight in Game 4 and getting wrecked by Mavs

This is just one manís opinion, but it looked like the Los Angeles Lakers, who on Sunday were swept 4-0 in their second round playoff series by the Dallas Mavericks, lost Games 3 and 4 in the last five minutes Friday night. It is obviously easy to say this now, but it was my feeling at the time.

The Mavs were down eight midway through the fourth quarter in Game 3, and responded with a 20-7 run to close. When Dirk Nowitzki hit a lefty hook to give the Mavericks the lead for good, there was no mistaking the Lakersí body language.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7655

STATUTORY 05-09-2011 09:44 AM

Re: Commentary on Lakers lacking fight in Game 4 and getting wrecked by Mavs

Lost the series in game 1 when they blew the 16 point league. Complete role reversal in the series when that happned. all the sudden the lakers were the choking ones

Soothing Layup 05-09-2011 09:44 AM

Good read man.

Askmeificare 05-09-2011 09:48 AM

LA_Showtime 05-09-2011 06:37 PM

Eh, I have two problems with the Lakers' loss:

1) Pau Gasol disappearing.

2) Phil Jackson acknowledging that and Kobe talked after losing to the Mavericks and saying they both agreed they rather would have lost now than in the Finals. You just DON'T make those type of comments public, and I don't like that they thought like that at all. It makes it sound like they're more concerned with their legacies than what's best for the Lakers.

M.V.W. 05-09-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Eh, I have two problems with the Lakers' loss:

1) Pau Gasol disappearing.

2) Phil Jackson acknowledging that and Kobe talked after losing to the Mavericks and saying they both agreed they rather would have lost now than in the Finals. You just DON'T make those type of comments public, and I don't like that they thought like that at all. It makes it sound like they're more concerned with their legacies than what's best for the Lakers.

Yea, that definitely wasn't the attitude to have. It lets you know that they were complacent.

DMAVS41 05-09-2011 07:18 PM

Nothing new for Kobe led teams.

This is the 4th time his teams have laid down in games like this.

03 against the spurs
06 game 7 against the suns
08 game 6 against the celtics
11 against the mavs

i wont' even count the epic meltdown in the 04 finals.

starting to become a pattern. lakers and kobe are great front runners. if they smell blood they are lethal....but if they get played back it and have to fight to come back......

They lay down. Its a pattern now....and not a good one.

BEAST Griffin 05-09-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STATUTORY
Lost the series in game 1 when they blew the 16 point league. Complete role reversal in the series when that happned. all the sudden the lakers were the choking ones

That was the game when Kobe committed two crucial turnovers and bricked his hero mode game winner, right?