Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Barclays Arena Renderings Revealed. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221774)

D12"Magic" 05-09-2011 08:13 PM

New Barclays Arena Renderings Revealed.

Looks Dope cant wait.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/5/9/21...-most-exciting

gigantes 05-11-2011 10:37 PM

Re: New Barclays Arena Renderings Revealed.

did anyone try out the 3-D seat selection tool that shows you what the view will be like from the seat you're considering buying a ticket for?

pretty dopetastic:
http://www.seats3d.com/nba/brooklyn_nets/test/?nav=1

tr3bla 05-23-2011 04:03 PM

Jebus. Looks freaking huge

Nets fan 93 05-23-2011 05:54 PM

^yeah. Word. Can't wait to finally get there. BTW: I like "dopetastic" ha!

insidehoops 12-03-2011 03:48 PM

Here is how the Barclays Center looks, in November of 2011:

D12"Magic" 12-03-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Here is how the Barclays Center looks, in November of 2011:

:cheers:
Looking at the renderings again and wow its really huge, IMO would be great playing there with Deron and maybe if we can snag Howard in a play-off atmosphere.

Rameek 12-10-2011 12:50 PM

Some of you may not know this area but I wish they didnt put it there. Dont think about driving there under any circumstances. Its TERRIBLE now I cant imagine how this place will be when it opens.

gigantes 12-10-2011 01:02 PM

hopefully it will be mostly out-of-towners who do the driving in. anyone in the NYC area should be able to get there by LIRR's atlantic terminal if i understand correctly.

or amtrak? could people from jersey and upstate / western NY state take that to get in?

DMV2 12-10-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
or amtrak? could people from jersey and upstate / western NY state take that to get in?

I take the Metro-North train from Duchess County into Grand Central when I go to NYC, if I don't feel like driving 3+ hours there.

I'm not too familiar with directions in the boroughs but I know Lower East Manhattan is right off of Brooklyn cuz I drove through once or twice. Which subway station goes from mid-town(Grand Central) or LES to the Barclays Arena area?

gigantes 12-11-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
Which subway station goes from mid-town(Grand Central)... to the Barclays Arena area?

here's an answer from MTA.INFO:

From 42ND ST -GRAND CENTRAL 4/5/6/7/S/METRO-N
Take the UTICA AV-CROWN HTS bound 4 Train departing at 9:41 AM9:41 AM
Get off at ATLANTIC AV STATION 2/3/4/5/B/Q/LIRR at 10:03 AM

seven different routes hit the atlantic yards if i'm reading that correctly.
note- i'm from philly, not NYC. i've only visited NYC a couple times.

Rameek 12-12-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

hopefully it will be mostly out-of-towners who do the driving in. anyone in the NYC area should be able to get there by LIRR's atlantic terminal if i understand correctly.

You dont even know the area but yet you have something the say..... You dont know what congestion is until you see it for yourself.... I lived in Tokyo it might not be on that level but damn near. Its going to be bad for the area in so many ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
I take the Metro-North train from Duchess County into Grand Central when I go to NYC, if I don't feel like driving 3+ hours there.

I'm not too familiar with directions in the boroughs but I know Lower East Manhattan is right off of Brooklyn cuz I drove through once or twice. Which subway station goes from mid-town(Grand Central) or LES to the Barclays Arena area?

Almost every train in the NYC metro area goes within a 5 block (street) radius.

gigantes 12-12-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
You dont even know the area but yet you have something the say..... You dont know what congestion is until you see it for yourself.... I lived in Tokyo it might not be on that level but damn near. Its going to be bad for the area in so many ways.

no need to be so high on your horse. i'm like a lot of people just trying to figure out logistics from a distance, so if any part of what i said is wrong, just say so.

but yea, i can appreciate what you're saying. tokyo traffic is legendary and i would be amazed if certain areas of NYC didn't come close. still, do you deny that building the place over the atlantic yards will greatly help flexibility in getting to barclays?

i don't doubt for a minute, either, that ratner never really gave an eff about negative impacts of the forest city development on brooklyn. that was pretty clear from the beginning.

Rameek 12-13-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

no need to be so high on your horse. i'm like a lot of people just trying to figure out logistics from a distance, so if any part of what i said is wrong, just say so.

but yea, i can appreciate what you're saying. tokyo traffic is legendary and i would be amazed if certain areas of NYC didn't come close. still, do you deny that building the place over the atlantic yards will greatly help flexibility in getting to barclays?

i don't doubt for a minute, either, that ratner never really gave an eff about negative impacts of the forest city development on brooklyn. that was pretty clear from the beginning.

Its not a high horse thing but how do you make a comment on it and you dont even know where it is or looks like :facepalm

Atlantic Ave is the street to the left of the stadium and Flatbush Ave is the street to the right. Where they meet will back up traffic for days. Its just in a highly congested area already. If there was a way to make those 2 streets wider it could have helped but there is no way. Literally Atlantic Ave is the only street that goes east from down there with in reason. The next major street to go east is Eastern Parkway which is a few miles away.

Oh I couldnt even describe what its like to drive in Tokyo... :hammerhead: :banana: :pimp: Pedestrians have the right of way and you can not dare drive if people are passing by. Japan will be the first country to have hover cars!:rockon: :cheers:

You have no worries though if you take a train it is easy to get there. I mean literally almost every single train in NYC goes down there with in a 5 block radius.

gigantes 12-13-2011 08:59 PM

rameek, your comments about me are misguided. i've been following the forest city project for years, back to when it was nothing but a speculative concept.

i've seen hundreds of pictures and read tens of thousands of words on the subject over time.

i may not be a native new-yorker, but i'm not completely ignorant and i know how to use certain resources that are available. and i'm not afraid to admit things i don't know and ask questions. and i don't accept that as an opportunity for you or anyone else to be snotty towards me on the subject. because that's what you're being- snotty.

nothing against you personally, either. it's always good to rub elbows with nets fans online, assuming that you are one.