Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   You gotta be bleepin me! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222403)

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 05-13-2011 02:34 AM

You gotta be bleepin me!

Miami vs Bulls.

I am so damn pumped for this series.

Yes, Miami has the BIG 2, but the Bulls bench is superior and they are a better rebounding team. If Boozer and Rose are healthy I could see the Bulls taking this series. Let's do it!!!

DrTheo 05-13-2011 04:08 AM

Re: You gotta be bleepin me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Miami vs Bulls.

I am so damn pumped for this series.

Yes, Miami has the BIG 2, but the Bulls bench is superior and they are a better rebounding team. If Boozer and Rose are healthy I could see the Bulls taking this series. Let's do it!!!

The Hawks game was the template of how we need to play. Proper team ball with awesome D , boozer in the post and the pick n pop. Derrick taking what comes to him and everyone else coming in.

Deng and Bogans contributions gonna be massive, as is the bench mob as I can see we can create leads with our bench v theirs.

Also I think we should run as much O through gibson as possible at these times.

Bulls in 6 I hope. Want Thunder in finals !!!

BASTEY 05-13-2011 08:23 AM

If we'll play like tonight's game I've no doubt we can face them on the same level. Rose played quite well and performed as an playmaker. I still believe in Boozer. He stepped his game up (23/10/5) and always looked good in a matchup against Bosh.

I say Bulls in 7

:applause:

(e) 05-13-2011 12:51 PM

If they play like they did in this elimation game then hell yeah we can win.

Boozer in pick and pop situations is going to have Bosh dazed and confused. He's also has 30 pounds on Bosh so I can see him having his way with him all series.

I can see Bosh being completely worthless on the offense end as well, they don't have a scoring center so Noah is going to be able to roam a lot to help secure the inside, which is great because he's best when he just gets to play off instinct.

Bogans, Deng, and Brewer's defense is going to be key against Wade and LeBron. If they can make them work for everything they get, then I think we're going to have a pretty good shot, especially since Miami can't guard Rose.

Go Getter 05-13-2011 01:13 PM

I'm afraid to even say anything I don't want to jinx us.

I wish all the guys from 08 were here to talk about this, lol.

tamaraw08 05-13-2011 10:28 PM

Two of the biggest key players in this series are
1. Carlos Boozer- Because I really feel Heat would clamped down on the Bulls offense. If Booze steps up and give Bulls a huge lift, scoring, bodying up against Bosh and rebounding well, Bulls have a better chance of taking it.
2. Lebron James, I see him either slowing down Rose bec of his size and quickness, or him shutting down Deng. It's its the latter, Bulls would really struggle finding scoring elsewhere. That is why I really think Carlos is the key.

tamaraw08 05-13-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)
If they play like they did in this elimation game then hell yeah we can win.

Boozer in pick and pop situations is going to have Bosh dazed and confused. He's also has 30 pounds on Bosh so I can see him having his way with him all series.

I can see Bosh being completely worthless on the offense end as well, they don't have a scoring center so Noah is going to be able to roam a lot to help secure the inside, which is great because he's best when he just gets to play off instinct.

Bogans, Deng, and Brewer's defense is going to be key against Wade and LeBron. If they can make them work for everything they get, then I think we're going to have a pretty good shot, especially since Miami can't guard Rose.

It's very hard to compare Joe Johnson and Crawford to Wade and James. :(
I think the Bulls would have more difficulty limiting Wade and James bec of their quickness and athletism. Bec of this, Deng would also have a MUCH harder time vs Lebron IMO. I hope Im wrong..Just saying.

SinJackal 05-13-2011 11:52 PM

Someone needs to photoshop a pic of Boozer reading a newspaper and using Bosh as a human toilet, so we can post it in the GTs when Boozer inevitably takes Bosh's lunch money.

Pharcyde 05-14-2011 12:42 AM

Korver will get more play against the Heat since we will have better defensive match ups which hopefully = more offense coming out which we will need.
If Derrick can stay shooting well and Boozer can get past his injury to score well we will win.

Rose 05-14-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharcyde
Korver will get more play against the Heat since we will have better defensive match ups which hopefully = more offense coming out which we will need.
If Derrick can stay shooting well and Boozer can get past his injury to score well we will win.

I think it'll be the opposite. Because in the playoffs their Big 3 are gonna play more. And that means Korver has to guard Wade or Bronzy. Unless Thibs shifts Rose onto Wade, and has Korver guard the point.

Rose 05-14-2011 01:16 PM

If there was a series, I ever wanted us to win, it's this one. We can lose the finals, get swept even and I wouldn't care, or lose to them next year. But this year I reallyyyy want the Bulls to win.

Pharcyde 05-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
I think it'll be the opposite. Because in the playoffs their Big 3 are gonna play more. And that means Korver has to guard Wade or Bronzy. Unless Thibs shifts Rose onto Wade, and has Korver guard the point.

I think if Mike Miller plays then he could have a option of Miller, Jones, Chalmers or Bibby with Rose guarding Wade for spot minutes.

Rose 05-14-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharcyde
I think if Mike Miller plays then he could have a option of Miller, Jones, Chalmers or Bibby with Rose guarding Wade for spot minutes.

Well I don't believe Miller has played much. I know that Bronzy/Wade average over 40 a game. and Bosh is just under 40 right now. Granted they do run small at times, so we'll see. But with Korver being cold lately, and the defensive woes...I think we might not see much of him.

Pharcyde 05-15-2011 10:20 AM

Even with Wade and LeBron playing over 40 minutes, Chalmers/Jones and Bibby all played 20+ as well. I don't know the Heats exact rotation of who is playing together etc, but I think it could work out.
He might have been cold vs. the Hawks but do not forget how vital he was in some of those games vs. Indiana. We will need some offensive play from him and the rest of the bench to keep the games close.

KelticForce1349 05-15-2011 05:48 PM

I really have no idea what is going to happen in this series, I just know what I want to happen. I worry about everything from the refs just sending Wade and James to the freethrow line every possession, to worrying about "our guys" being forced to shoot jumpers and missing everything.

I worry about CJ's ability to handle the ball and run the offense while Derrick is supposed to be getting a breather. I worry that Bogans will have less points than his jersey number! I worry...I worry. I wont start biting my nails though, I am freaking adult, not a child. :rolleyes:

I believe in this team more than ever though; an MVP that is both wildly driven to succeed and still as cool as a cucumber under pressure. That is a terrific quality for a point guard to possess. I like having home-court advantage for sure.

I luv having a team that is doggedly-determined to play defense and is greedy for every rebound to be had. That shit gets me and my friends yelling and jumping off the couch. (it also get's on my neighbors nerves and makes him drag his ass over here to complain like a *****. I just call the city and report him for watering his lawn in the blazing hot afternoon during water shortages. Yeah...that was me a$$hole.)

I really, really, really, like having a tireless, unselfish, ferocious "bench-mob" that includes a rugged, bad-azz known as The TAJinater! Woooo! Seriously, the only thing cooler than that is Chicago in January. Taj Gibson deserves his own religion. :bowdown: All that and we have Brewer, Thomas, and Asik too? Whoa.

Joakim Noah. The hAlfrican-Viking. That dude is so bad-azzed he can make his great ancestors proud on both sides of the world. Hopefully the God of Justice, Thor, will smite any corrupt refs and show the world the original meaning of Hammer-time.

I hope for consistency on the offensive but I think the current Bulls squad is very versatile too. Sometimes I think even the hardcore Bulls fans forget that "we" have several guys that are capable of exploding on offense on any given night. Korver can get 25 plus, Noah can get 20, Watson could put up 20 plus, Bogans can get 12 (lol) Boozer or Deng can get near or over 30. I want consistency, but I think we have multiple guys that can step up and stun the Heat to win four games.

This is a deep and talented team without any doubt; all that and "we" have a squad is being led a by a brilliant, tough, tireless coach that is known for pulling all-nighters watching tape and preparing his troops.

I am sure it was a ton of fun to be one of the 35 or so Miami Heat fans on the planet last summer and watch your team win the free-agency. Yeah, good tims to be had fo sho, and to think those 35 people will never have to feel lonely again too. How nice! Still, I wouldn't trade anything though to have made it through all the rotten years to be here and now with this Bulls team.

It is good to be a Bulls fan.