Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rudy Gay.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222673)

boostermoose 05-15-2011 02:47 PM

Rudy Gay..

..can we acquire him if the Grizzles want to trade him this offseason?

Chamberlain 05-15-2011 02:49 PM

Re: Rudy Gay..

I hope so. He'd be perfect.

kmart 05-15-2011 03:19 PM

Don't have the assets.

Qwyjibo 05-15-2011 03:28 PM

The Raptors should try to just correct a past wrong and do Bargnani for Gay. Oh wait, the Grizzlies already have a better PF and C starting for them.

bada bing 05-15-2011 07:36 PM

we need gasol and gay from that team. Lets sign gasol in the offseason and try to trade for gay somehow. I dont know if we can trade for gay without giving up our pick or ed davis or dd. probably gotta trade 2 of those 3 to get gay.

Toni 05-15-2011 09:14 PM

We should be targeting players like Gay, Iguodala, Granger and Josh Smith this summer. The right combination of athletic wing players could do some damage in combination with Davis, Amir and potentially a player like Gasol in the frontcourt.

kmart 05-15-2011 09:29 PM

I don't see where everyone is getting Gasol from. Hes a good frontcourt player that Memphis knows that have to keep. Hes a RFA, so any sum of money that we could offer Memphis is guaranteed to match. While we have cap space, I don't think we have enough to overpay Gasol and steal him from Memphis. They can't go on without him because they don't have the depth to and after this postseason, they look to be matching any offer for Gasol.

Rudy Gay seemed to be needed in Memphis' postseason run. Imagine where they could be with him considering that they couldn't score against that OKC defense. I don't see Memphis giving up Rudy Gay just for Ed Davis (they already got one guy in the PF spot) or Demar Derozan (hes got a good midrange game at this point in his career).

kmart 05-15-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni
We should be targeting players like Gay, Iguodala, Granger and Josh Smith this summer. The right combination of athletic wing players could do some damage in combination with Davis, Amir and potentially a player like Gasol in the frontcourt.

Not quite sure this team would be ready to get a player like that quite yet. However, if they do win the lottery and get Kyrie Irving, the raps should seriously considering getting one of the mentioned 3's with the trade exception they have. Using the trade exception means no cap space and vice versa.

The_Night_Elf 05-16-2011 09:32 AM

Bargs and Barbosa for Gay and Vasquez may work out financially. Griz would get some talent for the bench and ease some of their long term salary commitments, but I doubt they would take that...

Jballer 05-16-2011 09:36 AM

There are other front court guys likely available. Made a thread about it.

Assume: Bynum for Howard (Lakers Magic) takes both those pieces off the table in the off season.

Oden
Cousens (maybe)
Ming
Chandler
Pryzilla
Gasol

I would like any of those peices (some more than others) with Gay or Ike AND the core young team. i.e Davis Demar Bayliss JJ, and one of Irving, Walker or Knight.

T-Low 05-16-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jballer
There are other front court guys likely available. Made a thread about it.

Assume: Bynum for Howard (Lakers Magic) takes both those pieces off the table in the off season.

Oden
Cousens (maybe)
Ming
Chandler
Pryzilla
Gasol

I would like any of those peices (some more than others) with Gay or Ike AND the core young team. i.e Davis Demar Bayliss JJ, and one of Irving, Walker or Knight.

Never would I go after Oden. He hasn't proved a thing. We need people who can play and not take up our bench space. We have enough of those.

The_Night_Elf 05-16-2011 11:55 AM

I'd throw a good chunk of change at Gasol. He'd be a big helpm especially if we can draft someone in the backcourt. We'd have to put up a lot of money though in order for the Griz not to match...

raptorfan_dr07 05-17-2011 02:11 AM

I'd love to get Marc Gasol, only thing is I don't see the Grizzlies not keeping him.

Gay would be nice, but I don't know if we have anything they'd take for him. Our pick would be discussed most likely.

^^^As far as some of those other names, I don't think Cousins is available, and Sacramento would be incredibly stupid to trade him, but I'd literally sh*t myself if we could get him. He has best C in the league type potential. Stay as far away as possible from Oden and Ming, no thanks. Chandler's intriguing, but I don't see Cuban allowing him to get away, regardless of how far the Mavs go this year. He's been a huge part of Dallas' success this year. I thought Pryzbilla was coming off an injury. When healthy, he's actually a decent big but he's had a bit of an injury history as well, makes me a little leery.

GoRapz 05-17-2011 02:34 AM

Our first rounder + Jose + TPE for Rudy Gay

One can only dream :violin:

bokes15 05-20-2011 11:25 AM

I honestly think our chances of getting Gasol would be more than our chances of getting Rudy Gay. As has been said, we don't have anything to offer them. We just don't have the assets.