Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oklahoma City Thunder Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222821)

28renyoy 05-16-2011 02:56 AM

2011 Western Conference Finals Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunder
 
PREVIEW OF THUNDER-MAVERICKS. READ HERE: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7690


Dirk's post up game is nothing but fadeaway's, something Durant can negate with his lateral quickness+insane length/height. Is it just me or is Durant the perfect player to guard Dirk?

Clutch 05-16-2011 03:00 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
It's just you.

fos 05-16-2011 03:10 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Dirk's post up game is nothing but fadeaway's, something Durant can negate with his lateral quickness+insane length/height. Is it just me or is Durant the perfect player to guard Dirk?


Dirk will back him down and they'd have to double him (and he's a willing passer). I think Dirk is going to have a great series regardless who is guarding him.

imdaman99 05-16-2011 03:13 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
I'm sure the Thunder will throw 10 diff guys at him just like the Mavs will throw on both Durant & Westbrook

Sarcastic 05-16-2011 03:13 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Durant can't guard Dirk :lol :lol :lol

dunksby 05-16-2011 03:14 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
People should stop with this ignorant view of players' skill sets. Dirk is just fadeaways, Durant is a one dimensional jumpshooter, James only benefits from his athleticism, Wade can only slash and get whistles, Rose is nothing but a quick PG who only drives. Seriously if these guys were that predictable and one dimensional it would be easy for even an adequate defender to shut them down! If you are a superstar/All-star in the NBA, it takes much more than a tall defender with long arms to defend you.

Haymaker 05-16-2011 03:14 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Dirk is unguardable

Samurai Swoosh 05-16-2011 03:15 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Durant can't guard Dirk :lol :lol :lol

Dirk can't guard Durant, either ... what's your point?

Durant faced the best defense he will see at the SF position this post season in Shane Battier and Tony Allen.

Shane Battier got in his mug before he could even touch the ball.

thomaspynchon 05-16-2011 03:17 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Dirk can't guard Durant, either ... what's your point?

Durant faced the best defense he will see at the SF position this post season in Shane Battier and Tony Allen.

Shane Battier got in his mug before he could even touch the ball.


Dirk can guard Durant much better than Durant can guard Dirk.

28renyoy 05-16-2011 03:19 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Dirk can guard Durant much better than Durant can guard Dirk.

:roll:

you're out of your fvcking mind.

durant would blow by dirk every possession, dirk would be shooting contested jumpers over durant who has a longer reach

imdaman99 05-16-2011 03:19 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Who gives Dirk the most trouble on defense? Any Mavs fan care to chime in? Shall we consult the Heat of 06 or Warriors of 07??

Samurai Swoosh 05-16-2011 03:19 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Dirk can guard Durant much better than Durant can guard Dirk.

Ummm, no. Because Durant is a much better player off the dribble than Dirk has EVER been. Dirk can't handle the ball like Durant. Or attack the rim like Durant.

OmniStrife 05-16-2011 03:20 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Dirk is unguardable.

thomaspynchon 05-16-2011 03:22 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Ummm, no. Because Durant is a much better player off the dribble than Dirk has EVER been. Dirk can't handle the ball like Durant. Or attack the rim like Durant.


I guess another person will be proved wrong soon enough.

Soothing Layup 05-16-2011 03:24 AM

Re: Durant guarding Dirk..
 
Durant and Dirk are both very very hard to guard, dirk is better at shooting over people whereas Durant is better at everything else.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy