Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raptors should fold (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223021)

Skywalker 05-17-2011 08:49 PM

Raptors should fold

:cry:

5th pick

NBA has its d!ck in our ANUS

kaiteng 05-17-2011 08:50 PM

Re: Raptors should fold

Give me Vesely if possible! :rockon:

Grey Dawn 05-17-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
:cry:

5th pick

NBA has its d!ck in our ANUS

:wtf: :rant
Time for us all to agree on something

raptorfan_dr07 05-17-2011 08:51 PM

Well that really sucked. Maybe we should look to trade the pick.

Doko 05-17-2011 08:52 PM

That's what you get for rooting against your team all year long, cheering for Ls and hoping to luck out in the draft :lol
oh but we should rebuild through the draft, we will be so set in a couple of years of tanking :lol

Qwyjibo 05-17-2011 08:52 PM

Ok, time to look forward to the 2012 and 2013 draft lotteries. Hopefully by 2013, Colangelo will be nowhere near the team.

The Raptors did a great job of tanking but it all comes down to luck in the end. You can only put your faith in the law of probability. Hopefully the 2012 lottery works out better.

RaininThrees 05-17-2011 08:52 PM

Look on the bright side:

It saves us arguing 5 years from now that we got the #1 pick in a weak draft.

T-Low 05-17-2011 08:54 PM

I think we should take an honest look at Kemba Walker. Trading the pick would be good, yes. But Kemba has shown he can play in the clutch and that is what we need. A good clutch player who won't hesitate to get to the net.

rosonviyavong 05-17-2011 08:57 PM

Trade down and grab Biyombo unless they risk picking Kemba or Knight for the hope of getting a rebounding center in free agency.

Qwyjibo 05-17-2011 08:59 PM

Immediate post-lottery pick with little basis: Jonas Valanciunas

I know little about him other than what I've read and the couple highlight reels (where everyone looks good). He intrigues me as a young prospect that should be able to play C. Who knows, maybe in 2-3 years, him and Ed Davis are one of the best frontcourts in the league?

I dunno... fuck this shit.

Skywalker 05-17-2011 08:59 PM

kemba, knight or another season of watching 1 or 2 games a month for me

hayden695 05-17-2011 09:02 PM

I know it sucks we didn't even get top 3, but it will atleast be exciting to see who we get, top three we knew what we were getting, now we got looks at Kemba, knight, biSMACK or someone else. I really don't feel like trading it unless we get something really good. I think this could be exciting, but I am bummed we never won.

Grey Dawn 05-17-2011 09:02 PM

If they're going to keep it, I'd go with the slight risk of Walker

DJMason 05-17-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
If they're going to keep it, I'd go with the slight risk of Walker

Ya, why not. I need some prospect of an excitng player that will make watching this team at least bareable. As it stands, it looks like another year to skip.

Doko's right though, if only we'd cheered harder for Bargnani we would have won the lotto. Shame on us.

Reef 05-17-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
kemba, knight or another season of watching 1 or 2 games a month for me

Ya looks like one of those two. I'm just glad we didn't drop to 6th or they wouldn't even be there.

1.Cle-Irving
2.Min-Could be either Kanter or Williams
3.Uta-Whoever Min doesn't take
4.Cle-If they take Irving 1st, no reason to take Knight or Walker. Maybe Val or Biyombo?
5.Tor-Knight or Walker

At least we're not NJ or the Clippers. How shitty must they feel today. Sure NJ got Williams but they gave up A LOT. I've said it before, but I think Kemba's going to thrive in the NBA. His game is much more suited for it than in college. He'll give us leadership, a winning attitude, ability to break down any defender, take the last shot. Even DeMar wants us to pick him: :lol

Quote:

Dime: Heading into the NBA Draft, what players excite you? Who do you think would fit in with your current Raptors squad?
DD: It’s tough to say, but I like Kemba Walker’s game. I played against him in high school. Just the way he plays, I think he’ll make a major impact in the League using screen and rolls and being able to shoot and break down guards and everything. I like Kyrie Irving too, he’ll definitely be big. But I think there are just a handful of guys though.