Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   For those who missed the game (RE: Fts)... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223072)

LBJ4MVP23 05-17-2011 11:57 PM

For those who missed the game (RE: Fts)...

The free throws for Durant, and especially Dirk are wild. Based on actually watching, were they legit calls? I don't see how a guy is almost purely a shooter at this point in his career like Dirk gets 24 free throws.

But damn if this post season doesn't move him into the top 7 all time PFs.

28renyoy 05-17-2011 11:58 PM

Re: For those who missed the game (RE: Fts)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
The free throws for Durant, and especially Dirk are wild. Based on actually watching, were they legit calls? I don't see how a guy is almost purely a shooter at this point in his career like Dirk gets 24 free throws.

But damn if this post season doesn't move him into the top 7 all time PFs.

Durant, yes all of his free throws came on drives.

Dirk..it's just a joke. You can't even touch him when he's posting up

creepingdeath 05-18-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28renyoy

Like the phantom foul on Chandler? :lol Get over it, joyner.

Kiarip 05-18-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

awww you're so cute kiddo.

tpols 05-18-2011 12:10 AM

Most of the FTs were legit.

You cant cry about Dirk's fouls. He was unstoppable in the post, and the mavs were throwing like 5+ different defenders at him. Once they realized it didn't matter, they started grabbing the shit out of him. There were only one maybe two questionable calls for him(the and 1 layup in the first, and a bump sefolosha gave him in the post when the thunder were over the limit).

All of durants FTs were legit. Westbrook had a few iffies where he just ran into the defender and tossed it up.

Overall the game wasn't that enjoyable because it was basically a FT shooting contest. :sleeping

bmulls 05-18-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols

You cant cry about Dirk's fouls. He was unstoppable in the post, and the mavs were throwing like 5+ different defenders at him. Once they realized it didn't matter, they started grabbing the shit out of him. There were only one maybe two questionable calls for him(the and 1 layup in the first, and a bump sefolosha gave him in the post when the thunder were over the limit).

All of durants FTs were legit. Westbrook had a few iffies where he just ran into the defender and tossed it up.

Overall the game wasn't that enjoyable because it was basically a FT shooting contest. :sleeping

Like the Terry foul in the first half where Durant fell down and Terry LITERALLY did not even touch him?

Scoooter 05-18-2011 12:21 AM

Most of them were legit, on both sides. The worst one was Tyson Chandler's third or fourth foul (I think). Durant just ran right into him and got the whistle.

Dirk was getting shoved and grabbed when he tried to post up, and the refs called, like, three or four fouls on different defenders in a two minute or so span. The fouls were there though, except for one on Sefalosha that didn't look like it involved much contact.

A ton of fouls, but really not terrible officiating. At least the calls were fairly consistent.

I only really saw the second half though.

DRose.IS.da.MAN 05-18-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

:oldlol: Durant's freethrows were not legit at all

LBJ4MVP23 05-18-2011 12:22 AM

I hope someone who has no stock in either team can answer. Im so upset I missed the game because the ft's for durant and Westbrook were wild, not to mention dirk.

I mean dirk took only 5 more than Durant I think, and Westbrook BLEW away anyone else on Dallas, you cant complain in terms of volume. But im genuinely curious as to the quality of the calls.

Was Dirk attacking the rim, mainly shooting the turnaround j? I know its a hassle, but if anyone can give a synopsis of how Dirk played it would be cool.

derman 05-18-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

I hope someone who has no stock in either team can answer. Im so upset I missed the game because the ft's for durant and Westbrook were wild, not to mention dirk.

I mean dirk took only 5 more than Durant I think, and Westbrook BLEW away anyone else on Dallas, you cant complain in terms of volume. But im genuinely curious as to the quality of the calls.

Was Dirk attacking the rim, mainly shooting the turnaround j? I know its a hassle, but if anyone can give a synopsis of how Dirk played it would be cool.

The synopsis is that in the third quarter, OKc players couldnt take anymore the Dirk raping, so they started to foul him non-stop, hoping that the refs will let it slide. The refs didnt, and now every Dirk-hater is complaining about it.

dirkdiggler41 05-18-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

He got most of his fouls when OKC was over the limit. He got most of his FT's on shooting and posting up when they were over the limit. But Dirk was just on fire. The last two possession he was just measuring Ibaka up. Ibaka was all over him and Dirk just swished them. It was just a incredible jumpshooting performance we saw. Just amazing.

alwaysunny 05-18-2011 12:28 AM

Most of the calls came from defending Dirk posting up. 2 of them were indeed questionable as Sefolosha took a hit with his chest straight up and was baffled with the call. He then went up to Joey Crawford asking what he did wrong but Joey completely ignored him. Another questionable one was Durant reaching but never hit Dirk IIRC but was called for anyway. Other than those 2, all calls were reasonable.

BarberSchool 05-18-2011 12:34 AM

:wtf:
Quote:

Well, the current rules state that a defender cannot have two hands in a post players back, only one hand and a forearm. OKC defenders kept putting two hands in his back, hitting his wrist, arm, face, body, etc

I'm actually a fan of letting players put two hands in the back of a posted player, provided they don't exert force.

LBJ4MVP23 05-18-2011 12:35 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Its obviously the stat the jumps out at you, but I can see westbrook who is constantly in the lane, and durant who attacks the rim, get an obscene amount of calls in a tightly called game. Dirk and his style is tough to imagine, but it sounds like he was just spanking them and they bodied him up a little too hard each trying to stop him from getting space.

DMAVS41 05-18-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Dirk had probably three trips to the line that he didn't deserve.

I cant think of at least 3 for each Durant and Westbrook

It was even.

LOL at all of Durant's being deserved. The phantom terry foul and chandler blocking his shit were in no way fouls. and there was another baseline jumper that he wasn't even touched.

Thats 6 ft's right there.