Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2011 NBA Mock Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223149)

Sterlingsucks 05-18-2011 12:18 PM

2011 NBA Mock Draft

IMO I think this is how it will play out. I put team needs in-between the picks

1. Cleveland - PG/SF/C - Kyrie Irving
2. Minnesota - SF/C/PG - Derrick Williams
3. Utah - PG/SF Brandon Knight
4. Cleveland - PG/SF/C - Enes Kanter
5. Toronto - SF/C/PG - Jonas Valanciunas
6. Washington - SF/SG/PF - Jan Vesely
7. Sacramento - PG/PF/C - Kemba Walker
8. Detroit - SG/PF - Bismack Biyombo
9. Charlotte - PF/C/PG - Tristan Thompson
10. Milwaukee - SG/SF - Alec Burks
11. Golden State - SF/C - Kawhi Leonard
12. Utah - PG/SG/SF - Jimmer Fredette
13. Phoenix - SG/SF/PF - Klay Thompson
14. Houston - C/PG - Markieff Morris
15. Indiana - SF/C - Marcus Morris
16. Philadelphia - SF/PF - Donatas Motiejunas
17. New York - C/PG - Reggie Jackson
18. Washington - SF/SG/PF - Jordan Hamilton
19. Charlotte - PF/C/PG - Lucas Nogueira
20. Minnesota - SF/C/PG - Tyler Honeycutt
21. Portland - C/PG/PF - Kenneth Faried
22. Denver - PF - Chris Singleton
23. Houston via Orlando - C/PG - Josh Selby
24. Oklahoma City - PF/PG/SG - Nolan Smith
25. Boston - PF - Trey Thompkins
26. Dallas - SF/SG - Davis Bertans
27. New Jersey via Los Angeles Lakers - SF/SG/PF - Marshon Brooks
28. Bulls via Miami - SG/SF - Tobias Harris
29. San Antonio - C/PF - JaJuan Johnson
30. Chicago - SG/SF - Travis Leslie

rufuspaul 05-19-2011 09:37 AM

Re: 2011 NBA Mock Draft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
IMO I think this is how it will play out. I put team needs in-between the picks

9. Charlotte - PF/C/PG - Tristan Thompson
19. Charlotte - PF/C/PG - Lucas Nogueira

I'm hoping the Cats take Alec Burks at 9. With Jack aging and Henderson recovering from hip surgury we're gonna need some help at the 2.

Nogueira is intriguing. I like that pick.

El Kabong 05-19-2011 01:03 PM

Don't see the Jazz taking Knight and Fredette. Too thin on the wings, especially if AK doesn't re-sign. If the Jazz take Williams or Kanter, then Fredette makes a lot more sense. If they pick Knight at #3 then they should be looking for someone like Burks (if he's still available) at SG or a player like Marcus Morris or Singleton to play SF.

Sterlingsucks 05-19-2011 01:07 PM

I agree with that too as does 49 states in the US of A BUT Jimmer is a savior of that damn state and thought of as a damn god so you better make the fans happy and just pray that he pans out

El Kabong 05-19-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

I agree with that too as does 49 states in the US of A BUT Jimmer is a savior of that damn state and thought of as a damn god so you better make the fans happy and just pray that he pans out

I do actually hope that the T'Wolves take Kanter at #2, leaving Williams to be picked and then grabbing Fredette at #12. However from what's being said, Kevin O'Connor seems pretty high on Knight so he looks like the pick, even if Williams is available.

Maga_1 05-20-2011 12:46 AM

5. Toronto - SF/C/PG - Jonas Valanciunas
7. Sacramento - PG/PF/C - Kemba Walker
12. Utah - PG/SG/SF - Jimmer Fredette
16. Philadelphia - SF/PF - Donatas Motiejunas
21. Portland - C/PG/PF - Kenneth Faried
23. Houston via Orlando - C/PG - Josh Selby
24. Oklahoma City - PF/PG/SG - Nolan Smith

For me, not happening.

Sterlingsucks 05-20-2011 03:30 AM

Who do you think goes in those spots?

Maga_1 05-20-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Who do you think goes in those spots?

I have to evaluate better the "needs" of that teams.
But in a simple way it's like:

Toronto - Valanciunas is a versatile interior player, they have some good talents in interior positions (Bargnani, Johnson, Evans and Ed Davis) .. no need to add more.

Sacramento - Evans and Thornton are the future for this team, they will not draft another combo guard scorer to come of the bench.

Utah - If you assume that they will draft Knight, they will not need another PG (yea Jimmer will/can play 2 spot), but they are fine with Harris and Knight).

Philadelphia - Motijuenas can play SF .. sure, but it's not a very very good player to play at that position, he will start to play PF and then adjust to SF with some years .. They are stucked in PF and SF positions with 2 key players (Iguodala and Brand), i think they will draft a C.

Portland - I don't know very well Kenneth Faried, but i think my team should draft a PG without doubts, if there's a scorer PG left .. better. Faried is good and it's a good choice, because of lack in the interior positions (Maybe you're right in this one).

Houston - a PG, why? In my opinion they have huge talent in that position .. Lowry and Dragic. In fact i think they have the best balanced duo in that position in the league.

Oklahoma City - a PG/SG? Again, i don't think they need one, they have a bright future with Westbrook, Maynor, Sefolosha (still have some good years) and Harden. Maybe a scoring SF or C would be better.

Maga_1 05-20-2011 03:52 AM

but hey , that's just my 2 cents ..

i really enjoyed your mock draft, i think you made me want to do one too .. when i have some free time.

Sterlingsucks 05-20-2011 06:01 AM

Toronto - Valanciunas is a center unlike the others who are PFs to include Bargs. Valanciunas can sit for a year gain some weight see how the league is and then start in 2012 when Bargs is shipped and Davis and Johnson fight for his minutes. I think Bargs gets traded to Sacramento for C Jason Thompson and SF Donte Greene in the offseason imo

Sacramento - Evans at the 3 and Thornton at the 2 and Kemba at the 1.

Utah - Totally agree but UTAH does not that is the only reason I doubt they pass on him twice.

Philadelphia - Motijuenas would be a good change for EB. EB is getting up there in age and needs a backup that can still score and with EB being servicable it allows Motijunenas to grow and Philly to take their time with developing him.

Portland - Faried is a monster on the boards and will allow them to have their 2nd coming of Millsap on the squad. Along with helping give good minutes to Aldridge who played the most minutes for a PF this year.

Houston - Dragic still has 2 years on his contract but Imo he does not get resigned being that Lowry is the PG there and Selby has the most potential outside of the obvious Top 3 PGs in the draft. Good value pick

Oklahoma City - Agreed shit I thought Maynor had less years on the books he still had 3 yrs on his rookie contract.

Maga_1 05-20-2011 02:44 PM

know i can see why did you pick them, you have good reasons .. it's true.

(You can't play Evans at 3, ahahaha).

Sterlingsucks 05-22-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maga_1
know i can see why did you pick them, you have good reasons .. it's true.

(You can't play Evans at 3, ahahaha).

I dont think he can either and they do have Casspi to back him up BUT the way it looks the Kings are going to look real hard at Kemba. Personally I would take Jan SF - Vesely or PF - Bismack Biyombo and spare Cousins at the 5 from time to time. Hell I personally would take Derrick Williams #1 overall and Kanter at #4 if he is available. And let Sessions and Baron Davis be my PG.

RedBlackAttack 05-22-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Kabong
I do actually hope that the T'Wolves take Kanter at #2, leaving Williams to be picked and then grabbing Fredette at #12. However from what's being said, Kevin O'Connor seems pretty high on Knight so he looks like the pick, even if Williams is available.

So, that means the Cavs are going to be left with either Williams or Kanter at No. 4.

Thanks Utah! :cheers:

Brujesino 05-22-2011 06:12 PM

Kawhi Leonard is the name i keep reading about being drafted to the Warriors him and Marcus Morris.Both wing players that have a high motor and can defend is what i read so i like the pick.

Who wants to set up a ish mock draft? doing the full 2 rounds.Or is it too early?

Brujesino 05-22-2011 06:15 PM

Wow i just saw that you have Lucas Nogeuira in the 1st round.I just dont see that happening hes gonna go in the 2nd because of his lack of work ethic.