Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Blake Griffin approves of Clippers trading draft pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223195)

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:22 PM

Blake Griffin approves of Clippers trading draft pick

He mentions how he agrees with the franchise trying to get some veterans because we have enough young guys. He also is happy with Mo Williams and likes the way the team is heading. So those saying Blake is going to leave first chance he gets because of this were misinformed. He also talks about Dirk's game 1 and improving his game especially defensively.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...y=1&id=6563657

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Blake Griffin approves of Clippers trading draft pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD

5 or 6 threads on this topic made by other people. I'm just posting the latest. Lots of ignorant people running around misinformed on this.. talking about running Blake out of town etc, so this is relevant.

Sterlingsucks 05-18-2011 07:26 PM

He is the type of player that will not talk about teammates or FO issues. Class act BUT we still need to get him some help. I just hope we atleast pay DJ, EG, and Blake in back to back to back years..

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
He is the type of player that will not talk about teammates or FO issues. Class act BUT we still need to get him some help. I just hope we atleast pay DJ, EG, and Blake in back to back to back years..

Why would he randomly say he likes the direction of the franchise if he didn't as a PR move? It's not like he was neutral or PC about it. It was direct. He said he agrees we already have enough young pieces and we need some veterans. It's pretty much common sense. Blake seems like a logical player. We definitely do need a SF... just saying now we have the franchise player coming forward approving of what the FO did.. so all this garbage about him being gone first chance partially because of this can end.

heyhey 05-18-2011 07:32 PM

players shouldn't be general managers. most players are horrid at evaluating talent and places too much importance on having veterans.

Kobe wanted to trade Bynum for Kidd cause Kidd was an accomplished veteran. Just saying

Sterlingsucks 05-18-2011 07:33 PM

Not saying that at all...Im saying he will not bash the FO for bad trades or signing its just not how he carries himself from other stories I have read. He just goes with the flow until game time..we do need to sign EG and DJ to have a shot at Blake staying imo

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyhey
players shouldn't be general managers. most players are horrid at evaluating talent and places too much importance on having veterans.

Kobe wanted to trade Bynum for Kidd cause Kidd was an accomplished veteran. Just saying

If you watched the Clippers this year you'd understand it would take an idiot to think we need MORE young talent before veterans. Look at our team stats. A lot of our weaknesses like 3 point defense, turnovers, lack of outside scoring has to do with youth. Players who are inconsistent, unstable, inexperienced and choke when the game is close. Our youth cost us close games. Whether it was turnovers.. or forced shots it was our YOUTH. We lacked a veteran guy to settle the team down and make the right decisions (Like Cassell did for us.. as well as Mobley few years back).

You CANNOT compare an overall very old team like the Lakers wanted to add age/experience to a top 5 youngest team in the league adding it. It's not comparable in the slightest. The Lakers need youth, we need older players.

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterlingsucks
Not saying that at all...Im saying he will not bash the FO for bad trades or signing its just not how he carries himself from other stories I have read. He just goes with the flow until game time..we do need to sign EG and DJ to have a shot at Blake staying imo

I agree resigning DJ this year and EJ next offseason will be huge in retaining Blake. I agree Blake isn't one who will blast the FO.. I just meant he genuinely seems to approve of this. I doubt he celebrated out loud when the Cavs got top pick or anything but I doubt any of our players or FO are crying about it or bothered.

Sterlingsucks 05-18-2011 07:43 PM

We had shots at vets in LAST YEARS off season didnt we? and settled for Foye and Gomes..just sayin...I understand we cant change the past but come on its been a trend for the Clippers to just stack money and chill in FA

FireDavidKahn 05-18-2011 07:43 PM

Baron Davis is a better veteran then Mo Williams

Al Thornton 05-18-2011 07:45 PM

was this your rational to convince yourself not to commit suicide?

kaiiu 05-18-2011 07:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EXsf...yer_detailpage

Clippersfan86 05-18-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Thornton
was this your rational to convince yourself not to commit suicide?

Yup. I put the gun down once I heard about this. :violin:

D.J. 05-18-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyhey

Trade an injury prone big for a PG with great leadership and would provide good outside shooting when Kobe is double teamed? Sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:

Baron Davis is a better veteran then Mo Williams

Skills wise, yes. Production wise, no. I'll take the slightly cheaper Mo Williams that gives similar production.

Eat Like A Bosh 05-18-2011 08:10 PM

What? I still think it's a dumb move. Why not just keep Baron Davis, and still retain your draft pick?
Mo Williams is no better than Baron Davis, and in fact, a motivated Baron Davis >>>> Mo.
Baron Davis is the type of guy who feeds off the crowd. If the crowd is really enthusiastic, then he fares really well. And Blake Griffin has definitely helped rejuvenate Baron. However, if the Crowd is not into it, he just feeds himself...