Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   May 19 Playoffs: WCF Thunder at Mavericks Game 2 9 ET (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223338)

adri41 05-19-2011 04:43 PM

Dallas/OKC-who wins game 2, and why?

The AP reports:

Because Nowitzki had such a historic performance, it’s easier for the Thunder to find some positives in Game 1, starting with them keeping things close to the end.

Although Dallas went up by 16 early in the fourth quarter, Oklahoma City rallied to get within five. The Thunder also scored 112 points, 15 more than the Mavericks had allowed all postseason.

Plus, they did all that with Russell Westbrook pulling an anti-Nowitzki, missing 12 of 15 shots.

So Oklahoma City fans have to be thinking that if Nowitzki misses a few more, and Westbrook makes a few more, the Thunder can still go back across the Red River with a split. It’s also worth noting they’ve yet to lose consecutive games this postseason.

“That’s one thing about this team, we’re resilient, we bounce back,” Thunder star Kevin Durant said. “Hopefully it’s another case of that in Game 2.”

Durant scored 40 points in the opener, but was overshadowed by Nowitzki and was held back by Westbrook’s woes. Late in the third quarter, the misfiring point guard had attempted more shots than the NBA’s scoring leader the last two seasons.

Theoo's Daddy 05-19-2011 05:04 PM

Re: Dallas/OKC-who wins game 2, and why?

OKC might get knocked out, why? Durant had a monster game and they still came up short. To win they'll need both westbrook and durant to have monster games every night, the chances of this happening are slim..

liquidrage 05-19-2011 05:07 PM

I don't know. Dirk had one of the greatest games ever, Westbrook played a horrible game, the refs gave the Mavs a huge boost to take the lead before the half, and they only won by 9.

I think it's a toss up. As good as Dirk is I just can't see anyone having that kind of shooting night again.

D.J. 05-19-2011 05:11 PM

This series will be competitive. I can see a 7 game series with the home team winning every game. Dallas should win game 2 with relative ease, but I can see OKC taking games 3 and 4.

ErhnamDjinn 05-19-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidrage
I don't know. Dirk had one of the greatest games ever, Westbrook played a horrible game, the refs gave the Mavs a huge boost to take the lead before the half, and they only won by 9.

I think it's a toss up. As good as Dirk is I just can't see anyone having that kind of shooting night again.

really

OKC 43 foul shots
Dallas 34 Foul shots
:rolleyes: :facepalm

liquidrage 05-19-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
really

OKC 43 foul shots
Dallas 34 Foul shots
:rolleyes: :facepalm

And? OKC earned more. Penetrated far more. And should have had many more FT's. The issue is that stretch in the second where Westbrook got killed with no call. The mavs went down the court and threw it out of bounds, yet the refs gave it back to the mavs, then Chandler goes over the back on Collison and yet Chandler goes to the line. There were about 2 or 3 no calls that went the mavs way on either side, and it was during that stretch that the Mavs went from trailing to getting a lead they wouldn't give up.

Just because you can copy/paste numbers from a box score doesn't mean you have a good point. Your emoticons backing them up doesn't really help either. Nice try though.

ErhnamDjinn 05-19-2011 05:26 PM

and every free throw Dirk got was undeserved? Sure Mavs got some calls there way but doesnt that usually happen with HCA, your basically saying the refs cheated for the Mavs, I guess allowing JJ Barrea to score 12 straight pts was also the Refs fault? :rolleyes: :facepalm and yes these are the perfect emoticons for you.

LEFT4DEAD 05-19-2011 05:38 PM

I have a feeling that this is gonna be blowout win for Mavs. Why? Because 3 point shooters will be having a great night + Nowitzki getting around 30 at least.

Kungfro 05-19-2011 06:06 PM

Tough to say, I could see OKC throw a lot more doubles at dirk as well as try to deny him the ball more. Thunder got scorched when they tried to cover Dirk single coverage, I doubt they do the same thing tonight. As long as the rest of the Mavs show up, I think Dallas will win it. Should be close though.

NastaMaverick 05-19-2011 06:23 PM

Re: May 19 Playoffs: WCF Thunder at Mavericks Game 2 9 ET

I doubt KD gets 40 again, and I doubt the refs will get a hard on from blowing their whistles either.
I predict the better team will win.

Mavs by 11

ErhnamDjinn 05-19-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
I doubt KD gets 40 again, and I doubt the refs will get a hard on from blowing their whistles either.

Mavs by 11

+1

I Mavs win this game I believe they can go to the Finals:cheers:

KDthunderup 05-19-2011 06:49 PM

Dallas are just too hungry this year, they are going to be tough to beat.

SinJackal 05-19-2011 06:54 PM

I'm going against the Mavs for one, and going OKC tonight. . . if Durant and Westbrook get 18 and 19 free throws each again. Dirk isn't getting 24 a second time, but I can easily see both OKC stars getting tons of FTAs throughout the series. It's how they score.

If Dallas keeps those two off the line (reasonably), they take the game. But I don't think it's gonna happen. Dirk's gonna have to get hot again.

KDthunderup 05-19-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastaMaverick

Mavs by 11

Then i doubt Dirk gets 48 again

NastaMaverick 05-19-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDthunderup
Then i doubt Dirk gets 48 again

Me neither. :confusedshrug: