Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224239)

jack612blue 05-26-2011 01:55 PM

It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

Does anyone else feel that way? The feeling is much better than watching an ESPN or ABC game, those just feel awkward and half assed.TNT does a great job of coverage , halftime, and post game.

Godzuki 05-26-2011 02:00 PM

Re: It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

Its because you know you'll get more out of the ordinary commentary and tons of laughs from the TnT crew. nobody's better than Charles, Kenny, and Ernie. not in any sport.

JohnnySic 05-26-2011 02:03 PM

I prefer TNT too.

hawksdogsbraves 05-26-2011 02:08 PM

ESPN's coverage isn't that good, but it looks worse than it is next to TNT. TNT does an incredible job, and ESPN just can't really compete.

Theoo's Daddy 05-26-2011 02:08 PM

TNT crew are funny and they keep it real.

Lakerlove420 05-26-2011 02:10 PM

yeah . . TNT is the best.

adri41 05-26-2011 02:12 PM

I love the TNT boys. I was pissed ESPN got the WCF.

bagelred 05-26-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack612blue
Does anyone else feel that way? The feeling is much better than watching an ESPN or ABC game, those just feel awkward and half assed.TNT does a great job of coverage , halftime, and post game.

Yes....everything about TNT is better. The entire production is leagues better.

FindingTim 05-26-2011 02:19 PM

TNT NBA basketball is the pinnacle of sports television. The competitors can't stop them, they can only hope to contain them.

Clutch 05-26-2011 02:23 PM

TNT >>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN/ABC

/thread

BrilliantLegacy 05-26-2011 02:31 PM

I prefer watching on ESPN/ABC. Mainly because I'm not at home when the game is played, and I can watch games on ESPN with great quality. I don't really give a crap about the half time show.

Soothing Layup 05-26-2011 02:33 PM

doris burke scares me

AMISTILLILL 05-26-2011 02:33 PM

I think TNT is better because their main emphasis is basketball, which allows them to focus more attention on the production. ESPN tries to spread itself thin over multiple different sports and dedicates only a small portion of their programming to basketball so they'll never go out of their way to make it a spectacle. Not to mention the TNT cast of characters is far more likable than the ESPN halftime/pregame commentators. It's almost as if they went out and cherry picked four of the most unlikable guys in all of sports coverage and slapped them together. The only way it could get any worse is if they let Rick Fox and Bill Walton become permanent fixtures on the set.

dynasty1978 05-26-2011 02:34 PM

Agreed about TNT. The production value of TNT's broadcast just blows away anything that ESPN/ABC has to offer.

Visually, the game just shows better, colors appear richer, and the audio is great. They do need to ditch experimenting with camera angles, just stick to basics. And course, Kenny/Chuck/Ernie in the booth and Craig S. working the sidelines pretty much kicks the a$$ of the other stations.

All of that being said, it still falls short of the NBA on NBC, which was the G.O.A.T. production.

AMISTILLILL 05-26-2011 02:37 PM

The only thing that could make TNT's coverage somehow better would be hiring Gary Payton as a sideline reporter. How hilarious would it be to have The Glove broing down with players and interviewing people coming off the court at halftime/after games?