Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   98 Bulls vs 11 Heat (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224260)

Foster5k 05-26-2011 04:38 PM

98 Bulls vs 11 Heat

Who wins?

RaceBannana 05-26-2011 04:40 PM

Re: 98 Bulls vs 11 Heat

Bulls 98... they were a better build team....

Bigsmoke 05-26-2011 04:40 PM

The Bulls!

HylianNightmare 05-26-2011 04:41 PM

the team with MJ

ConanRulesNBC 05-26-2011 04:43 PM

:roll:

Seriously??

Jordan and Pippen would have their way with Wade and LeBron. Rodman would be playing great defense on Bosh so he'd be a non-factor and Kukoc, Harper, Longley and Steve Kerr > the rest of the Heat.

SinJackal 05-26-2011 05:42 PM

98 Bulls. Even though they were the weakest championship Bulls team, they were a complete team that didn't have an almost non-existant offensive playbook. They also had great defenders at every position Miami is strong at (SG, SF, PF), AND had better pieces around them. I would go as far as to say current LeBron/Wade/Bosh, was better than 1998 Jordan/Pippen/Rodman (combined that is, not getting in to who's better at what position here), but they were a championship team with a great coach, great team chemistry, and the experience to pick teams apart for W's without going into too many dry spells offensively like the current Bulls.

Heat could potentially take a series, but I'm going to go with the '98 Bulls since they were a proven team that was winning it's 3rd title in a row, while the current Heat is only just coming out of it's infancy stage.

Now, if we're talking 96 or 97 Bulls. . .Bulls win the series almost every time. 1% chance of Heat win.

Teanett 05-26-2011 05:55 PM

i'd say 11 heat don't even beat the 08 jazz.

BlackJoker23 05-26-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teanett
i'd say 11 heat don't even beat the 08 jazz.

i'd say you're quite a ****ing idiot.

Rnbizzle 05-26-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Seriously??

Jordan and Pippen would have their way with Wade and LeBron. Rodman would be playing great defense on Bosh so he'd be a non-factor and Kukoc, Harper, Longley and Steve Kerr > the rest of the Heat.

Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Congrats.

Teanett 05-26-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
i'd say you're quite a ****ing idiot.

is that so?
98 finals were a lot closer than the ones before, even tho it was the same result.
in order to get there, the jazz went on to beat olajuwon/barkley/drexler (old), shaq/kobe and duncan/robinson.
not sure if this year's edition of the heat would pull that off.

Smoke117 05-26-2011 06:10 PM

Probably the 98 Bulls because the Bulls actually run an offense.

scott0326 05-26-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

is that so?
98 finals were a lot closer than the ones before, even tho it was the same result.
in order to get there, the jazz went on to beat olajuwon/barkley/drexler (old), shaq/kobe and duncan/robinson.

I think you meant 98 Jazz, but posted 08 in other post..

Teanett 05-26-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott0326
I think you meant 98 Jazz, but posted 08 in other post..

aahhhhh...

yes, my bad!
:bowdown:

BlackJoker23 05-26-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

is that so?

well, for one, you said the 08 jazz (obviously a typo on your behalf) so i was wondering why the hell you even brought that up.

secondly, none of the teams you listed were as good as the heat. the rockets were trash. don't let the names fool you. they were old, battered and had dealt with injuries all season. hakeem was done after that knee surgery, drexler was retiring. robinson/duncan needed time to adjust. that was a rookie duncan and robinson who had suffered a damn near career-ending injury and that team was garbage outside of those two. the lakers were impressive, i guess.

the heat have too much offense for that jazz team to win. i know you can say the same about the 98 laker team they faced but that laker team was full of inexperienced players who folded under pressure.

TheAnchorman 05-26-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Seriously??

Homer much?
At this point Jordan, even though he is still the best player has lost some of his defensive edge; understandable when you're 35 years old. Pippen had a bad back. Even if we assume an injury-free matchup Wade and Lebron would still hold their own, easily; these are 2 of the top 5 players in the game FFS.
Overall I pick the 98 Bulls because of their superior team effort but I see Jordan/Pippen v. Wade/Lebron being a lot closer than you think.