Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will the Heat contain JJ Barea? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224279)

ImmortalD24 05-26-2011 08:19 PM

Will the Heat contain JJ Barea?

To me, Barea is the x-factor of the Heat/ Mavs series (sorry Bulls fans, but your run is o-v-e-r). When he has his way with the defense (much like the way he had with the Lakers and Thunder), It's just impossible to stop the Mavs. Anytime he gets into the paint, he creates so much havoc and sucks in the defense, leaving shooters wide open.

Will the Heat find a way to keep him in check? and will Barea be able to finish against over the athleticism of the Heat's wing and interior guys?

the_future02 05-26-2011 08:22 PM

Re: Will the Heat contain JJ Barea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
To me, Barea is the x-factor of the Heat/ Mavs series (sorry Bulls fans, but your run is o-v-e-r). When he has his way with the defense (much like the way he had with the Lakers and Thunder), It's just impossible to stop the Mavs. Anytime he gets into the paint, he creates so much havoc and sucks in the defense, leaving shooters wide open.

Will the Heat find a way to keep him in check? and will Barea be able to finish against over the athleticism of the Heat's wing and interior guys?

Barea will be a non factor. Spo will dare Carlisle to put him and Jet in and he will go big with Wade at 1 Miller at 2 LeBron at 3 so whos he going to guard Wade or 6-8 Miller? Also Miami will kill Dallas on the glass with this lineup

InfiniteBaskets 05-26-2011 08:24 PM

During crunch time Dallas will have at least one spot up shooter at pg/sg/sf. mike miller will check that guy. Lebron and Wade will pick up anyone else who plans on penetrating. So every play for Dallas should be Dirk iso on Bosh.

G-train 05-26-2011 08:26 PM

He may average 8-10 ppg as a medium impact role player.
He will have less impact than he had in the OKC adn Lakers series, put simply Miami is a notch above those teams in every form of defence right now.

Jasper 05-26-2011 08:29 PM

Heat might not be able to contain him , because they might not make it to the finals :oldlol:

JJ can run all he wants .. I expect a very large front line as a road block to the hoop ....

No Bynum defense will be seen in this series.

----------------------
This is the matchup that will win or loss the series :
Dallas Mav's VS D_WADE

Unless Butler comes back super fast , no one can stop D-Wade .
Marion a few years ago .. not now.

2nd most important matchup in the series and final minutes :

Dirk vs Lebron's defense.

The two above components will be the telling factor.

ImmortalD24 05-26-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper
No Bynum defense will be seen in this series.

Huh?

G-train 05-26-2011 08:32 PM

I doubt Lebron guards Dirk unless Dirk averages 40ppg against Anthony and Haslem for a couple of games.

knickscity 05-26-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
To me, Barea is the x-factor of the Heat/ Mavs series

I stopped reading after this.

Theoo's Daddy 05-26-2011 08:39 PM

if miami makes it to the finals, it will be like the bulls of the 90's guarding travis best after mark jackson was shut down by pippen. ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6icwrLvZGhA

JChurches 05-26-2011 08:40 PM

Heat are holding Derrick Rose under 40% from the field- so how would this midget be a problem?

/thread

ImmortalD24 05-26-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
I stopped reading after this.

Please explain.

JJ Barea has been huge for the Mavs. Moreso than stats suggests. His impact (thus far) far outweighs any Heat role player.

Or do you not know what an x-factor means..

bleedinpurpleTwo 05-26-2011 08:46 PM

Barea cannot be stopped.... HE CANNOT BE STOPPED.
He is UNGUARDABLE! UNGUARDABLE I say!

Geriatric 05-26-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JChurches
Heat are holding Derrick Rose under 40% from the field- so how would this midget be a problem?

/thread

Because this midget knows how to pass the ball and unlike Rose, Barea would have capable shooters surrounding him.

Theoo's Daddy 05-26-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Barea cannot be stopped.... HE CANNOT BE STOPPED.
He is UNGUARDABLE! UNGUARDABLE I say!

Just because the lakers couldn't stop him doesn't mean he is unguardable, if miami makes it to the finals, eddie house from the bench might be guarding him.

KOLBCTEW 05-26-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geriatric
Because this midget knows how to pass the ball and unlike Rose, Barea would have capable shooters surrounding him.

Huh.. just like Rondo..