Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If I hear Erik Spoelstra say... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224287)

The Next Jordan 05-26-2011 08:36 PM

If I hear Erik Spoelstra say...

... "We were built for this" one more time. :facepalm

And yes, I mad.

G-train 05-26-2011 08:40 PM

Re: If I hear Erik Spoelstra say...

They really were though.

Great defence and 3 players that can 'break the lines' under pressure.

bokes15 05-26-2011 08:42 PM

I don't know why Heat fans don't seem to understand why everyone is so pissed off at the premise of essentially "buying" a championship.

lilgodfather1 05-26-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
I don't know why Heat fans don't seem to understand why everyone is so pissed off at the premise of essentially "buying" a championship.

The only people that have a right to be mad are Cavs fans. the rest of you just need to quit your bitching.

bokes15 05-26-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
The only people that have a right to be mad are Cavs fans. the rest of you just need to quit your bitching.

Get Charles Barkley's dick outta your mouth.

G-train 05-26-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Heat created cap space and players agreed to sign.

Any team can do it.

We drafted Wade, signed LBJ and S & Ted Bosh. Still have a number of Heat role players.

Just like the Lakers traded for Bryant, then S & Ted for Shaq.

It's all fair game.

FourthTenor 05-26-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

LMFAO the Heat have a lower payroll than like 1\3 of the league.

They played their salary cap cards right and other teams didnt. Every offseason there are teams trying to buy championships. Its called free agency.

sixerfan82 05-26-2011 09:04 PM

Spoelstra was built for post game interviews

The Next Jordan 05-26-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Spoelstra was built for post game interviews

He was also built for walking through dark alley's.

lilgodfather1 05-26-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Get Charles Barkley's dick outta your mouth.

I don't even know what that has to do with what I said. We deserve to be mad, the rest of you are just pansy little biatches.

bokes15 05-26-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
I don't even know what that has to do with what I said. We deserve to be mad, the rest of you are just pansy little biatches.

There were 2 teams f*cked in the process not one. You guys ended up with the #1 and the #4 pick in the draft. Boo hoo. We have an Andrea Bargnani/Jose Calderon led team, and a 5th.

lilgodfather1 05-26-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

There were 2 teams f*cked in the process not one. You guys ended up with the #1 and the #4 pick in the draft. Boo hoo. We have an Andrea Bargnani/Jose Calderon led team, and a 5th.

It's not Cleveland's fault that BC is an idiot an drafted Bargs over Roy/Gay. And it's not like you guys were really a worse team without Bosh, all he did was lead the raps to the playoffs twice. Did they even win a game?

PowerGlove 05-26-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

I understand what you're saying but they followed the rules. You cannot equate them to the Yankees, like many(not you in this instance) have by calling them an evil soon to be empire,because baseball has no salary cap. The Miami Heat took a risk and went unconventional. They tried a three star formula with a thin bench instead of the traditional two star, one perimeter, one interior and good team around them.

I remember multiple people saying that they made a mistake signing all three and should have just gotten Bron and Wade or Wade and Bosh, and have a deeper team with the salary cap space they would have saved.

FinishHim! 05-26-2011 09:37 PM

You forgot "this will be our toughest challenge yet."

FinishHim! 05-26-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I understand what you're saying but they followed the rules. You cannot equate them to the Yankees, like many(not you in this instance) have by calling them an evil soon to be empire,because baseball has no salary cap. The Miami Heat took a risk and went unconventional. They tried a three star formula with a thin bench instead of the traditional two star, one perimeter, one interior and good team around them.

I remember multiple people saying that they made a mistake signing all three and should have just gotten Bron and Wade or Wade and Bosh, and have a deeper team with the salary cap space they would have saved.

The jury is still out until they win a championship. Yeah, they're close but not there yet.