Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So the Miami Heat has one more win in a weaker conference and get home court. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224332)

BEAST Griffin 05-26-2011 11:51 PM

So the Miami Heat has one more win in a weaker conference and get home court.

Should the NBA finals home court advantage be based on head to head regular season record first and then overall wins?

There has to be some more fair way to decide home court for the finals.

Fuhrer Hubbs 05-26-2011 11:56 PM

Re: So the Miami Heat has one more win in a weaker conference and get home court.

The 2-3-2 style can actually benefit the road team in some circumstances. It evens out the home court advantage factor IMO in championship series. The format is perfect.

-M-I 05-26-2011 11:57 PM

Re: So the Miami Heat has one more win in a weaker conference and get home court.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Should the NBA finals home court advantage be based on head to head regular season record first and then overall wins?

No...it should be based on who had the better record like it has been since the beginning of time. :rolleyes:

ChrisKreager 05-26-2011 11:58 PM

If Dallas had won one more game, they would have had home court advantage.

(Remember the Afflalo buzzer beater before the All Star Break? If he misses that, Mavs would have the extra home game. Or if Miami had lost at Portland or in December at Washington)

Heat007 05-26-2011 11:59 PM

BEAST Griffin 05-27-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat007
[center]

:roll:

comerb 05-27-2011 12:03 AM

That's how this shit has worked for 40 years, it's what make the regular season so important. Win 1 more game and you have HC, it's all on Dallas

Just cause it's the Heat your bitching about it now? :facepalm

DirkNowitzki41 05-27-2011 12:04 AM

I don't mind the Heat having HCA. The Mavs are the best road team in the league, I can see them stealing 1 of the 2. If we just win 1 then we can close it out at home.. just a possibility, not that I am actually expecting to win 3 in a row against them.

Going back to Miami for games 6, and 7 will be crappy tho.

NBASTATMAN 05-27-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Won't matter.. The Heat won't have much of a chance.. Similar to LA, OKC, AND PORTLAND they will get their arses busted...

BEAST Griffin 05-27-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comerb
Just cause it's the Heat your bitching about it now? :facepalm

Nope. I've had that on my mind before.

comerb 05-27-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Nope. I've had that on my mind before.

Yet you didn't post anything til now...

BEAST Griffin 05-27-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comerb
Yet you didn't post anything til now...

It's the finals now so it's more relevant.

JtotheIzzo 05-27-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

So the Miami Heat has one more win in a weaker conference and get home court.

yes

but not sure it is the weaker conference when your one seed get bounced and your defending champs get swept. West looks pretty sad too.