Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Monta Ellis anyone? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226124)

WBynumToTheHole 06-09-2011 10:49 PM

Monta Ellis anyone?

Lots of rumors about Ellis being moved before next season. This is mostly hypothetical, since his agent is pushing to make sure he goes to a good team, but would you be in favor of a stuckey+ trade for ellis? if so how much would you give up?

Nastradamus 06-10-2011 01:59 PM

Re: Monta Ellis anyone?

Nah, rather keep Stuckey. Even though STuckey ain't a PG, he's a much better PG than Elliss and a much better defender. This team has bigger needs than an undersized, volume shooting 2 guard.

That's not me hating on Elliss either. I love him for the right team. He can be a Carmelo type who takes over down the stretch with his scoring. he's just not right for us.

Kombo 06-10-2011 02:48 PM

I think the trade that makes most sense would be Stuckey + Prince (if you can S&T multiple players at the same time?).

But we have a problem then. We have Hamilton, Ellis, and Gordon as our guards. That makes no sense. Ellis would be the best one of them, but they all do similar things and none can play the point effectively. Moving both Gordon and Hamilton would be nearly impossible. Especially since you want a big PG next to Monta like Baron (and like we tried to play Stuckey next to an undersized Gordon).

I would do the trade though if it included Hamilton or Gordon with nearly anyone but Monroe as Ellis is better than both of them.

dd24 06-12-2011 06:41 PM

I really like what Ellis does on the court. I just don't see him as a fit for this team and I don't see what we can give Golden State to make them want to do it besides Rip. I know GS is trying to get a bigger shooting guard who can play defense next to Curry. Rip could do that but it would be short term for them. For the Pistons it doesn't necessarily make sense having Ellis and Gordon. If Ellis could be a PG there would be a bunch of teams that would want him. I just don't see him playing that role.

Stuckey 07-16-2011 03:38 AM

nah we need younger players that have high ceilings

monta is hitting his prime, no point in him taking up cap space

idizzle 07-16-2011 05:11 PM

The Pistons don't need another Ben Gordon.

boozehound 07-17-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuckey
nah we need younger players that have high ceilings

monta is hitting his prime, no point in him taking up cap space

his prime is crap. sure, hes a scoring chucker, but there is a reason why his teams have always sucked so hard and alot of it has to do with him. Terrible defensive player (worst in the league? maybe not quite, but hes in the conversation IMO). That is why PER fails, because it really only measures some aspects of offensive production.