Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Bobcats Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Sean May, will he emerge to start next to Okafor? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2267)

insidehoops 06-21-2006 11:24 AM

Sean May, will he emerge to start next to Okafor?

Or be always stuck behind Emeka?

Timmeh 06-21-2006 01:36 PM

i'm hoping he improves a lot in the next couple of years...he was so dominant in college in a tough ACC conference, and he should use that experience to play in the NBA, i think if he got a little more PT then he would improve greatly

KiNG 06-21-2006 08:15 PM

both may and okafor were from championship teams, i doubt he wuld be the same as okafor, but may was the mvp of the ncaa championship so u gotta expect high things from em

traditionone 06-21-2006 09:05 PM

I don't think Okafor can transition to center, so May will be stuck behind him and it wouldn't be his fault. If Okafor can play center, then yes, but again, I don't think Emeka can do that.

Timmeh 06-21-2006 10:43 PM

May played center in college and even though it's different, they could try positioning May at center and seeing how it would work

bigboi_baller 06-22-2006 12:04 AM

i was kinda shocked wen the cats took may, i didnt understand what they were gonna do with two guys who shud b palyin Center, but got bodies of pf's...mayb they shud look into tradin one off next summer if it still doesnt work, but then again they r both young

insidehoops 06-22-2006 02:59 AM

May can definitely rebound, and I thought he should play PF while Okafor slide to C, but if I remember correctly, bernie bickerstaff said Okafor will remain at PF (not positive)

Timmeh 06-22-2006 11:12 AM

personally, i dont think Brezec is that good of a player to start, I think there's more talent with either May or Ely there, I don't see Ely starting at center, but May is a good rebounder and with him and Okafor working together down low, they may be able to get a lot of offensive rebounds

insidehoops 06-22-2006 01:59 PM

Brezec is a great backup center, but as a starter, he's decent but not too good. So what's better, an OK/decent/weak center, or playing okafor out of position at center?

Timmeh 06-22-2006 03:10 PM

neither one, that's why i say put May at center and keep Okafor at PF, May played center in college so he's already familiar with the position

wizard2382 06-25-2006 05:40 PM

make okafor a center and keep may at pf. okafor has much better defense than may and rebounds a little better. may can play center but will be a star at pf.

Timmeh 06-25-2006 06:33 PM

Okafor doesn't play center and they've already tried putting him there but he doesn't feel comfortable

dwillreg 06-27-2006 03:48 PM

There is nothing wrong with May at backup PF. He will always be a career backup and is too fat and slow to ever start. He is a great backup for Okafor though.

traditionone 06-27-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
There is nothing wrong with May at backup PF. He will always be a career backup and is too fat and slow to ever start. He is a great backup for Okafor though.

May is a really good rebounder and has a refined post game. He can hit the mid range jumper. He is not a good shotblocker though. He could become a starting caliber player in a few years. Charlotte did make a mistake drafting him because they don't need him.

dwillreg 06-27-2006 11:43 PM

You are missing my point. Can you see may guarding KG or Jermaine O'Neil or Chris Bosh? He is too short and unathletic to do that. Of course he can look good in college but when you see his long term potential, he is best suited to be a good backup PF.