Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steve Kerr says LeBron James is Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226938)

insidehoops 06-13-2011 04:13 PM

Steve Kerr says LeBron James is Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan

“The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie,” former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “He’s so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That’s really where LeBron’s preference is.

- ESPN Chicago

DCL 06-13-2011 04:19 PM

Re: Steve Kerr says LeBron James is Scottie Pippen, not Michael Jordan

lebron was like judd buchler in the finals. afraid to shoot and can't drive to the hole.

FourthTenor 06-13-2011 04:20 PM

There's nothin wrong with playing like Scottie Pippen.

No Scottie Pippen, no rings for Michael.

I wish fans weren't so stupid, but alas, I guess it's just a reality that will never change.

The dumb masses of fans will be pandered to by networks and marketers and have their opinions shaped and molded in whatever way the networks and marketers want. The dumb, sturdy bottom of the pyramid.

kunk75 06-13-2011 04:20 PM

not fair to pippen. if lebron was the passer he thought he is, he would be truly amazing.

Indian guy 06-13-2011 04:22 PM

The sad thing is, LeBron showed even less incentive to score in the Finals than Pippen ever did.

This is the same player who leads the league in PPG in both regular season and playoffs among all active players :facepalm

8BeastlyXOIAD 06-13-2011 04:23 PM

Lebron is Lebron
Kobe is Kobe
Wade is Wade
Beasley is Beasley
Dirk is Dirk
Steve Kerr in this era is Chris Quinn with less swag

97 bulls 06-13-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthTenor

I wish fans weren't so stupid, but alas, I guess it's just a reality that will never change.

The dumb masses of fans will be pandered to by networks and marketers and have their opinions shaped and molded in whatever way the networks and marketers want. The dumb, sturdy bottom of the pyramid.

Im gonna take as if he. Were saying james style is alot similar to pippen. Which in that case is true.

Soothing Layup 06-13-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthTenor

MJ never scored less then 23 ppg in the finals, pippen was there strictly for his defense/passing. everyone on that bulls team knew their place, and their role. Not the same with this heat team..

Crown&Coke 06-13-2011 04:30 PM

Kerr will flip the script the moment Lebron goes crazy next playoffs. Like he did this year against Chicago, he was blowing Lebron hard then

iggy> 06-13-2011 04:34 PM

Why would Kerr disrespect pippen like that

Bladers 06-13-2011 04:44 PM

chicity89 06-13-2011 04:46 PM

I was listening to ESPN radio as he was on talking about this. He was kinda baited into this response as they directly asked him to comment about it because they brought up Scottie's comments from 2 weeks ago. That isn't the full quote, and if you actually heard the short conversation he tried to praise LeBron and still called him the best. He basically went on to say LeBron has all the tools, just not the mental desire (paraphrasing here).

Roundball_Rock 06-13-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soothing Layup
MJ never scored less then 23 ppg in the finals, pippen was there strictly for his defense/passing. everyone on that bulls team knew their place, and their role. Not the same with this heat team..

:wtf:

Pippen scored over 20 ppg in 4 of his 6 NBA finals and was above 20 ppg in a fifth finals before he injured his back.

Kerr is right in terms of preferred playing style. The two big differences are Lebron is more talented but Pippen had heart. Pippen always gave it 100% in the NBA finals--see Game 1 of the 97' finals as a good example.

97 bulls 06-13-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
:wtf:

Pippen scored over 20 ppg in 4 of his 6 NBA finals and was above 20 ppg in a fifth finals before he injured his back.

Kerr is right in terms of preferred playing style. The two big differences are Lebron is more talented but Pippen had heart. Pippen always gave it 100% in the NBA finals--see Game 1 of the 97' finals as a good example.

I also think pippen is the better defender and more skilled. Hey was it you that said pippen avg 23 ppg in 95?

97 bulls 06-13-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladers

Lol great one