Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227042)

insidehoops 06-14-2011 12:52 AM

Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager

More info here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7784

He was previously with the Trail Blazers front office, but they said goodbye to him pretty quickly

MeLO MvP 15 06-14-2011 12:59 AM

Re: New Charlotte Bobcats GM will be Rich Cho

:( I wanted the Knicks to at least interview him. I considered him my third choice for Donnie's replacement (behind WArkentein and Pritchard).

Rowe 06-14-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
More info here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7784

He was previously with the Trail Blazers front office, but they said goodbye to him pretty quickly

His biggest move was ripping off MJ for Gerald Wallace.

Now he works for Jordan.

Funny how things turn out. He has his work cut out for him because Charlotte has no good trade assets whatsoever. Not much of a future either.

rufuspaul 06-14-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
His biggest move was ripping off MJ for Gerald Wallace.

Now he works for Jordan.

Funny how things turn out. He has his work cut out for him because Charlotte has no good trade assets whatsoever. Not much of a future either.

The cats have 2 draft picks in the top 20 and a sizable amount of cap space. The future is what you make of it. Look at Cho's record with OKC.

Up to this point the Bobcats front office has consisted of FOM (friends of Mike) so this move comes as a very welcome surprise.

Crown&Coke 06-14-2011 11:29 AM

Re: Charlotte Bobcats name Rich Cho their new general manager

didn't take long for this guy to find another job.

he is well known around the league for having a great eye for talent as well as a great mind to work to cap. Im happy he found a new situation.

But what does this mean for Rod Higgins? Dude is out as GM? That would be kind of weird as him and MJ have a pretty solid relationship.

rufuspaul 06-14-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
didn't take long for this guy to find another job.

he is well known around the league for having a great eye for talent as well as a great mind to work to cap. Im happy he found a new situation.

But what does this mean for Rod Higgins? Dude is out as GM? That would be kind of weird as him and MJ have a pretty solid relationship.

He's been promoted to president of basketball operations.

Toizumi 06-14-2011 11:38 AM

As a Blazers fan, I am glad for him and I hope he does well in Charlotte. He didnt get enough of a chance to prove himself in Portland. The only real move he made was the Gerald Wallace trade, which was a great deal IMO :applause:

He was fired because he and the team owners had a different vision on how to run the team. I really don't get it though.. Why was he hired in the first place? Don't you discuss in what direction you want a team to go before you hire a person as a GM? :confusedshrug: Paul Allen needs to put some faith in a GM and Cho seemed like the guy to me.
Pritchard was fired for different reasons, but personal issues between him and the ownership was a big part of it as well :facepalm Pritchard made some bad moves (getting injury riddled players) and there are rumors about him being an *sshole pretty much, but most people agree that he did a solid job as a GM.. and Cho was fired and he didnt even get a fair shot at proving himself.

Portland FO be trippin. Good luck to Rich Cho and the Bobcats!

hawkfan 06-14-2011 12:02 PM

The roster needs a major overhaul. Too many players making money and not contributing anything of value - Diop, Carroll, et al.

Time to move Diaw in a trade, which shouldn't be too hard, since he is an expirer. They could send him away to Philadelphia, Cleveland, Sacramento or New Jersey, who could all use his skills.

It wouldn't hurt Charlotte also to draft well.

Crown&Coke 06-14-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
He's been promoted to president of basketball operations.

oh snap!

good info. This will keep Higgins away from the daily grind of day to day as the GM, I don't think he could have picked a better guy as GM. He won't need to look to Cho every 15 minutes to make sure he is on his p's and q's.

maybe they can finally get rid of some of the guys Larry Brown screamed for and didn't play

LJJ 06-14-2011 01:21 PM

I hope he trades Cunningham and Pryzbilla for Gerald Wallace!

That would be a preetty solid trade! Throw in a top 20 protected first rounder for good measure!

Djsonny 06-14-2011 02:01 PM

IMO, he was tossed out of portland because he wanted to suspend Roy for his piss poor attitude and it become public, a week later he was fired. If it didnt make it public I believe he would still have a job. I think he did a good job with the Wallace signing. I dont think the bobcats are in a bad position, plenty of cap space, a few good lottery picks and after some contracts rolls off, this could be a good team. I think the cats are going to be another lottery team this year but adding another lottery next year might be what they need. Henderson and the new look augustin does have a bright future.

R.I.P. 06-14-2011 03:17 PM

Paul Allen: Rich Cho you ****in scrub. This is what I paid you for. TWO wins, TWO against the ****in Dallas Mavericks. Me and Bron could beat the Mavericks. You worthless POS. If the Mavs win more than one game against the Lakers I buy myself an iPhone and shove it up my ass, you clown.

YOU ARE FIRED.

You probably think that the Mavs will win the title and then Michael Jordan will personally hire you, you delusional ****.

:violin:

SpecialQue 06-14-2011 03:24 PM

Bobcats dynasty begins next season. BOOK IT.

utahjazzrock 06-14-2011 11:53 PM

Why is this stickied?

G-train 06-15-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toizumi
He was fired because he and the team owners had a different vision on how to run the team.

I heard he was fired because Paul Allen simply didn't like him on a personal level. Nothing to do with the business aspect at all.