Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who do you want the Bobcats to draft? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227213)

BlueCrayon 06-15-2011 10:07 AM

Who do you want the Bobcats to draft?

What position do the 'Cats need an upgrade in the most and who do you want them to draft? I've seen some mock drafts and many have the "Cats picking Jonas Valaciunas. Hopefully the front office gets it right this year and we get out of mediocrity.

rufuspaul 06-15-2011 04:34 PM

Re: Who do you want the Bobcats to draft?

I still like Alec Burks at #9.

rufuspaul 06-15-2011 04:47 PM

Here's Bonnell's take on the workouts today:

Quote:

Brooks has modeled his game after Atlanta Hawks guard Jamal Crawford, and it shows. Same kind of shifty moves to the left and right, to set up defenders. He'll be effective creating his own shot at the next level.

Brooks describes himself as a scorer, not a shooter. To be productive with that approach at the NBA level, you have to be expert at forcing defenders to commit shooting fouls.

-- Burks seemed strangely nervous when we interviewed him. That surprised me, in that if you're a star in the Big 12, and you've lived in a major media market (Boulder is just outside Denver), you should be experienced and comfortable fielding media questions.

-- I think Brooks is definitely among the players who have impressed the Bobcats. I think Florida State's Chris Singleton and Southern California big man Nikola Vucevic have also caught their fancy.

I'm certainly not suggesting those are the only three players they like. But in this draft, where it's so challenging to predict an order, might it make sense to go ahead and pick Singleton ninth and Brooks or Vucevic 19th? Those might be "reaches'' according to some draft pundit, but in a murky draft, why not trust your own instincts?

mrhoopfan 06-18-2011 12:30 PM

Jimmer

LJJ 06-19-2011 08:30 AM

What position do the Bobcats need an upgrade in the most? Every position. Who were our last first round picks? Augustin, Ajinca, Morrison, Henderson?

It would be nice if we could draw lucky and get someone with any resemblance to a 1st or 2nd option for once.

rufuspaul 06-20-2011 12:11 PM

Well Bonnell seems to think we're gonna pick Singleton at 9. I'm okay with that.

Timmeh 06-20-2011 02:37 PM

This means Singleton will go at #10

rufuspaul 06-20-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
This means Singleton will go at #10

:lol The sports radio guys want us to trade with Minni to get Derrick W

illiams. Do we need another 4?

Timmeh 06-21-2011 12:14 PM

Not really...he seems like he'd be another Gerald Wallace.

rufuspaul 06-22-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Jimmer

If we use the 9th pick on him I will demand a refund of my season tx.

LJJ 06-23-2011 05:22 PM

Pre draft deal for anyone who missed it:

Official Deal:
Bucks: Stephen Jackson, Beno Udrih, Shaun Livingston, #19 Overall Pick
Kings: Jonny Salmons, #10 Overall Pick
Bobcats: Corey Maggette, #7 Overall Pick

Certainly shakes things up a bit. We're not going to recognize the Cats next season.

Quizno 06-23-2011 08:34 PM

i like this. a LOT..

:applause: :applause: :applause:

BlueCrayon 06-23-2011 09:01 PM

So we got Bismack Biyombo and Kemba Walker. Hopefully this duo works.
LETS GO CATS
:cheers: :cheers:

rufuspaul 06-23-2011 10:15 PM

I assume more deals are in the works. As it stands now we will be one of the best defensive teams in the league and one of the worst at actually scoring points. btw, I ran into Bismack Biyombo in the airport today.

Timmeh 06-23-2011 11:40 PM

I don't like this deal at all. Here's to hoping I'm wrong, but this is what I see...

We just traded our best player, as much of a liability as he was, for another Desagana Diop. That's what Biyombo strikes me as. Another Diop.

That being said, I like the drafting of Walker. I like his game and I feel like he'll be another Raymond Felton, but smarter. It also gives us a solid backup for DJ now that Livingston is gone.

The real thing I don't like is that we acquired Magette, who hasn't been relevant since his Clipper days, and even then he wasn't that great. But like I said, I hope I'm wrong and I hope he's solid. But we are DEFINITELY not making the playoffs next year.