Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Jeremy Tyler may be a solid prospect now (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227498)

insidehoops 06-17-2011 03:45 PM

Jeremy Tyler may be a solid prospect now

According to a scout who watched Jeremy Tyler in one of his eight workouts, the 19-year-old dispelled fears about his time overseas. He was impressive. And with big hands and a strong NBA-ready body, Tyler is one of those picks that teams with maneuverability would gamble on. The Nets pick 27th and 36th, which is in Tylerís projected range. The Nets tried an upside pick last year with Derrick Favors, whose problem before he was traded, in my opinion, was that he was too passive. I don't see that being a issue with Tyler. Two years ago, however, the Nets took a player with too much confidence, Terrence Williams, and that didn't exactly work out under Avery Johnson, either. NY Daily News

blazerjimmy 06-18-2011 10:04 AM

Re: Jeremy Tyler may be a solid prospect now

Wouldn't mind my Blazers taking a shot at him if they could move up in the second round, but I'm pretty sure they won't risk a first round pick on him.

IGOTGAME 06-18-2011 07:17 PM

I agree with this. I was watching footage of him today(interviews and gametape). I wouldnt mind the lakers picking him up and hiring Kareem to work with him(assuming that he would)

IGOTGAME 06-18-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Wouldn't mind my Blazers taking a shot at him if they could move up in the second round, but I'm pretty sure they won't risk a first round pick on him.

I would use a first round pick(15-30) on him because what is the worst case you lose out on a bench player? best case you end up with a guy who eventually starts and brings elite athleticism to the front line.

Maga_1 06-18-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazerjimmy

We worked out for us, that's a good sign

InspiredLebowski 06-19-2011 06:18 AM

I know absolutely nothing about his game, but the kid sold me with his interview in Indy. Said ALL the right things. Came off extremely bright and knew exactly what he was doing with his career. He saw hoops as his future and decided to pursue it as quickly as possible and acclimate himself to a professional environment. And, y'know, make some money, ain't nothin wrong with that.

chips93 06-19-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I know absolutely nothing about his game, but the kid sold me with his interview in Indy. Said ALL the right things. Came off extremely bright and knew exactly what he was doing with his career. He saw hoops as his future and decided to pursue it as quickly as possible and acclimate himself to a professional environment. And, y'know, make some money, ain't nothin wrong with that.

i've heard that the whole idea to go overseas was his dad's , an that his parents really pushed him into it, and took a lot of his salary, by the sounds of it he was just going along with what his parents had decided for him, not an issue of arrogance or anything like that

Theoo's Daddy 06-20-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
i've heard that the whole idea to go overseas was his dad's , an that his parents really pushed him into it, and took a lot of his salary, by the sounds of it he was just going along with what his parents had decided for him, not an issue of arrogance or anything like that

no, it's not true. If it was his dad's idea, they could've moved with him overseas to make and helped to take care of him like brandon jennings parent did. This kid was 17 in a foreign country on his own.. Part of this decision was his own and part of it was the same guys that send jennings overseas. But dude had mad skills in high school. He could've been the 1st pick if he took the traditional route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaJcyVNju4k

BarberSchool 06-20-2011 06:22 PM

He looks like he'd be a taller non-anorexic version of Hakim Warrick, very long, very able to rotate and recover in half court D, very good finisher. I'd pick him if I needed a good defensively versatile bench forward right now. Or pick him and try to develop him into a more complete scorer on the offensive end, where he shows just a taste of big time scorers like Glenn Robinson, even though his J needs significant polishing, he's very comfortable handling the ball and moving fluidly like a SF.