Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Fact or fiction game: NBA Draft edition. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227548)

DStebb716 06-18-2011 12:06 AM

Fact or fiction game: NBA Draft edition.

Here's how it works:
I am going to start this off by saying a fact about the NBA Draft this year that I think is true. The person below my post needs to respond to my post by saying whether they think my post is true or false, and why. They will then make a statement of their own that they feel is true about this year's NBA Draft and so on.

I'll start with an example of what a post would look like:

Quote:

Kyrie Irving should NOT be the number one overal pick.

False. The Cavs really need to get somebody that could be the face of their franchise and the PG position holds the most value in that category. Irving could be the next Chris Paul, there really isn't any other star caliber players at the position.

If the Knicks don't get a shot at Biyombo, Burks or Singleton they should take Josh Selby or Marshon Brooks.

Rekindled 06-18-2011 12:12 AM

Re: Fact or fiction game: NBA Draft edition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716
Here's how it works:
I am going to start this off by saying a fact about the NBA Draft this year that I think is true. The person below my post needs to respond to my post by saying whether they think my post is true or false, and why. They will then make a statement of their own that they feel is true about this year's NBA Draft and so on.

I'll start with an example of what a post would look like:

False. The Cavs really need to get somebody that could be the face of their franchise and the PG position holds the most value in that category. Irving could be the next Chris Paul, there really isn't any other star caliber players at the position.

If the Knicks don't get a shot at Biyombo, Burks or Singleton they should take Josh Selby or Marshon Brooks.

false. they should then take Montiejunas.

Knicks should trade up and grab Jimmer

DStebb716 06-18-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
false. they should then take Montiejunas.

Knicks should trade up and grab Jimmer

False. It would take Toney Douglas or Landry Fields to move up and both of those players are better NBA players than Jimmer will be.

Josh Selby is going to be a star in the NBA.

ChrisKreager 06-18-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716
False. It would take Toney Douglas or Landry Fields to move up and both of those players are better NBA players than Jimmer will be.

Josh Selby is going to be a star in the NBA.

True. He has scoring ability that will benefit whoever drafts him.

The Cavaliers will take Derrick Williams with the #1 pick.

Rowe 06-18-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
True. He has scoring ability that will benefit whoever drafts him.

The Cavaliers will take Derrick Williams with the #1 pick.

Fiction. Cavs are taking Irving and will try to talk Minnesota into getting #2 for Williams.

Fact or Fiction. Derrick Williams will not be a star in the NBA but will be a good role player like Rodney Rogers.

barkleynash 06-18-2011 12:49 AM

Leanord to the raps with the fifth pick!

There seems to be increased buzz that Leanord has moved up to the raps at 5. If so, what do people think of this prospect. For years the raps have been considered unathletic at the wing positions. To be able to put 2 guys, Derozen and Leanord out there that can really defend or at least should be able to. Couple that with James Johnson, excellent young athlete and a solid scorer/ shooter in Kleiza and raps look decent on the wing. Leanard is a very good rebounder, has huge hands and they say his strength is his ability to board the ball. Also, he has some point forward abilities. The only way we can keep Bargs is to have a great rebounding 3 man to make up for his lack of rebounding. Bargs, being such a good shooter, would help space the floor for the wings to slash.

Bayless, Calderon
Derozen, Barbosa (most likely will be traded or go back to brazil)
Leanard Johnson Kleiza
Davis, Amir
Bargs, Dorsey

Would Denver do a Bayless and Barbosa for Felton trade?

Grinder 06-18-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
False. Cavs are taking Irving and will try to talk Minnesota into getting #2 for Williams.

Derrick Williams will not be a star in the NBA but will be a good role player like Rodney Rogers.

Fiction. His shooting ability, intangibles, and athleticism will allows him to become a star.

Fact or fiction. Jonas Valanciunas will be a bust.

Hamburgers 06-18-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

False. Cavs are taking Irving and will try to talk Minnesota into getting #2 for Williams.

Derrick Williams will not be a star in the NBA but will be a good role player like Rodney Rogers.

Send Landry Fields our way brah. we'll give you all 4 of our second round picks.

Rowe 06-18-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Fiction. His shooting ability, intangibles, and athleticism will allows him to become a star.

Fact or fiction. Jonas Valanciunas will be a bust.

Fact. Only in such a weak draft will a GM believe drafting a projected hustle player in the Top 6 picks makes sense. Comparisons to Noah are offbase considering Noah was a projected #1 pick in 2006 and had a solid post game in college.

Fact or Fiction. The 2011 NBA Draft produces more than 5 players who are selected to an All Star game during their career.

Grinder 06-18-2011 12:54 AM

Re: Leanord to the raps with the fifth pick!

I think Leonard's a good player, but from what I've watched of his in college...I really don't see what makes him a top 10 pick?

I'd love to have him on my Sixers though.

Rowe 06-18-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamburgers
Send Landry Fields our way brah. we'll give you all 4 of our second round picks.

:eek:

Deal.

Grinder 06-18-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Fact. Only in such a weak draft will a GM believe drafting a projected hustle player in the Top 6 picks makes sense. Comparisons to Noah are offbase considering Noah was a projected #1 pick in 2006 and had a solid post game in college.

Fact or Fiction. The 2011 NBA Draft produces more than 5 players who are selected to an All Star game during their career.

Fiction. Rarely do drafts produce 5 all stars and this one most likely won't.

Andrew Goudelock and Norris Cole could be big time bench scorers.

barkleynash 06-18-2011 12:58 AM

If you had him on the sixers it would be easier to part with Iggy for sure.
I'm just worried for Toronto that he'd be the next Joey Graham, but he seems much smarter as a player the Graham was in Toronto.

FourthTenor 06-18-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkleynash
Bayless, Calderon
Derozen, Barbosa (most likely will be traded or go back to brazil)
Leanard Johnson Kleiza
Davis, Amir
Bargs, Dorsey

Would Denver do a Bayless and Barbosa for Felton trade?

That is still an awful, awful lineup.

barkleynash 06-18-2011 01:13 AM

Yeah, of course it's still an awful line-up that will put us in the lottery one more year, where we can get a superstar in next years draft, either a point guard or a center, because we are not getting a future superstar point guard or center in this years draft.

Calderon has 2 years left, and after next year, as a mentor for Bayless, he may have more value as an expirer.
Get a great defensive coach like Casey, focus on that side of the ball and becoming a transition team, try to get 30 wins and build for the future.