Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kwame Brown, future star or permanent role player? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2277)

insidehoops 06-21-2006 11:37 AM

Kwame Brown, future star or permanent role player?

Can Kwame Brown emerge into a star, or will he forever just be a big body?

Spiderman08 24 06-21-2006 01:47 PM

He"ll never be a star but he could be a soid 13/7 player as soon as next season.

hotsizzle 06-21-2006 03:46 PM

i think he'll end up being an 18/9 guy

TylerTJ10 06-21-2006 04:34 PM

i think he will be a star when kobe leaves
it will be his team

whatisfightclub 06-21-2006 04:49 PM

Just a role player. I can't see him getting too much better than what he showed in the playoffs.

TylerTJ10 06-21-2006 05:08 PM

i say u trippin he will become a legend
he is only 24 he got a long time to develope with the lakers or not

LakerFan1086 06-21-2006 05:22 PM

He's not going to get much better. Think about it he's been in the leauge now what like 4 years. Think about if you worked on your game for four years and your still ok. Especially after being the number 1 draft pick and being compared to kevin garnett. I just don't see him getting much better. He misses like 6 points a game just because he can't catch a ball right, then misses like easy 3-point plays because he misses a dunk, or an easy lay-up. When he was in the post against Diaw in the Phoenix series, there were a couple of times that instead of taking him hard inside he would post for a second and then turn around and fadeaway with a jump hook. Also, mentally he gets down on himself way to easily. If he misses a couple of shots he just dissapears from the game.
I just don't think he'll ever develop into a great player as he was highly regarded to become, i do think he could be a pretty good third option with the lakers.

lakerfreak 06-21-2006 05:52 PM

He doesn't have to be an all star but he can be a laker's star.

He will prbably never reach 20 ppg but most centers in this league dont average that much.

the only 2 were shaq and Yao Ming.

But maybe one day he can be one of the better centers and if he's lucky he will be voted to some all star games.

TylerTJ10 06-22-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
He's not going to get much better. Think about it he's been in the leauge now what like 4 years. Think about if you worked on your game for four years and your still ok. Especially after being the number 1 draft pick and being compared to kevin garnett. I just don't see him getting much better. He misses like 6 points a game just because he can't catch a ball right, then misses like easy 3-point plays because he misses a dunk, or an easy lay-up. When he was in the post against Diaw in the Phoenix series, there were a couple of times that instead of taking him hard inside he would post for a second and then turn around and fadeaway with a jump hook. Also, mentally he gets down on himself way to easily. If he misses a couple of shots he just dissapears from the game.
I just don't think he'll ever develop into a great player as he was highly regarded to become, i do think he could be a pretty good third option with the lakers.

man wats wrong with you look at jurmaine oneal it took him about 4 years keep that in mind

LakerFan1086 06-23-2006 02:29 AM

Trust me i'm the first one whos rooting for him to become this dominant big man that we all hope for. However, jermaine oneal did'nt play those four years. JO was not the number 1 draft pick. O'neal still has the ability to just completely dissapeare from games from time to time.
If Kwame fixes little things like catching with both hands, finishing strong, and go hard on mis matches it could easily give hime 8 to 10 more points than he usually averages. But until i see that he can actually fix those problems, I still can't see that star power in him.

TylerTJ10 06-23-2006 01:17 PM

i agree with wat u said bout wat he needs to improve on but he had one good season in washington and a solid end of the year. Behind kobe and odom and parker he averaged about 15-16 ppg wat if he was the second option instead of the fourth

Patches O'Houlihan 06-23-2006 01:25 PM

He's a permanent roleplayer. Don't get too high on him guys. He will be a solid third option for his career.

lakerfreak 06-23-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
He's a permanent roleplayer. Don't get too high on him guys. He will be a solid third option for his career.

a third option is good enough for our team. he can average double figures possibly even a double double.

traditionone 06-23-2006 03:15 PM

Centers these days don't average 20 ppg during a whole season.
Kwame can be a 14 ppg 9 rbg and block a few shots every game and that would make him a cornerstone piece to the franchise. He's still young and works hard on his game. If he learns patience in the post, then he'll be fine.

BOOHYAH310 06-23-2006 03:42 PM

If he can score in the teens and get close to double digit rebounding next season, I'd be ecstatic!

I am very encouraged by his defense and ability to help on penetration. I feel that he can become a top 5 defender at the center position before his career is over. Somebody will laugh at me now but I expect the Lakers to be very get a lot of blocks with Mihm and Brown down low next season.

I hope the Lakers are the benefactors of a pretty nice line of former Wizard/Bullet big men that went on to become very nice players. (Rasheed,Ben Wallace,CWebb,J Howard) I'd be stoked to say the least.

If he's gonna become something, why not under the watch of Kareem?