Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Biyombo's stock "plummeting." (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227752)

DStebb716 06-19-2011 07:25 PM

Biyombo's stock "plummeting."

Quote:

Regarding Biyombo speculation, sounds like stock is plummeting. One scout said of Euro workout: "He went 1-on-none and lost." .....

Alan Hahn via twitter.

JohnnySic 06-19-2011 07:26 PM

Re: Biyombo's stock "plummeting."

I hope he plummets all the way down to the Celts' range...

GOBB 06-19-2011 07:27 PM

:oldlol:

I seen workout footage and it was cringe worthy. But then again it was offense. And the one thing said about him as an offensive player? He's extremely raw and you need to work with him. The talk of him has always centered around defense, rebounding, athletic ability and his motor.

Not surprising his stock is falling when the people making it drop usually were the ones who made it rise. I'd pass him on him if I were the Sixers tho.

kaiiu 06-19-2011 07:29 PM

poor mans Hasheem Thabeet

dallaslonghorn 06-19-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
:oldlol:

I seen workout footage and it was cringe worthy. But then again it was offense. And the one thing said about him as an offensive player? He's extremely raw and you need to work with him. The talk of him has always centered around defense, rebounding, athletic ability and his motor.

Not surprising his stock is falling when the people making it drop usually were the ones who made it rise. I'd pass him on him if I were the Sixers tho.

Why? Sixers have plenty of offense, no interior defense.

Look at the starting centers of the Conference Finalists -- Perkins, Noah, Anthony, Chandler -- none would look very good in a one-on-zero work-out shooting jumpers.

GOBB 06-19-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn

Look at the starting centers of the Conference Finalists -- Perkins, Noah, Anthony, Chandler -- none would look very good in a one-on-zero work-out shooting jumpers.

Disagree we have plenty of offense. Maybe we have enough where its not a dire need. But Sixers need a scorer. As far as Bismack? Just seems he is a project that i'm not patient enough with having. I'd rather go with a talent that can help out as a rookie whose learning curve isnt that far behind.

GiveItToBurrito 06-19-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn

This. Plus, at the very least Chandler proves that even the rawest guys can learn to shoot free throws, catch a pass, and knock in the occasional foul line jumper, it just takes time and effort.

The Macho Man 06-19-2011 08:00 PM

People knew this was a defensive guy who lacked offensive skill, at his workout he shows a lack of offensive skill and then his stock drops?:confusedshrug:

Patrick Chewing 06-19-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716
Alan Hahn via twitter.

Told you. He can be had at 17....if the Knicks want him

fatboy11 06-19-2011 08:24 PM

I still think he goes in the lottery.

MeLO MvP 15 06-19-2011 08:26 PM

I still think he'll go in the lotto. The next three days he works out for Detroit, Toronto and NY, so well kno more abt where he'll likely go. But ppl are dumb if that workout changes their views on him b/c nobody is gna want him to shoot like that in games so why should that affect his stock. He's getting drafted for his defense, rebounding and athleticism/body not for his offense.

I'd b more than happy for him to fall to 17 for NY or trade up for him.

Rowe 06-19-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Told you. He can be had at 17....if the Knicks want him

We'll see.

This could be a smokescreen being spread by a GM hoping to turn people off of Biyombo, but secretly coveting him at the bottom of the Lottery if he gets there.

b1imtf 06-19-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiiu
poor mans Hasheem Thabeet

Water boy? :confusedshrug:

Maniak 06-19-2011 08:41 PM

Meanwhile, Jimmer is predicted in the lottery now? What happened?

Sheed 06-19-2011 08:44 PM

Biyombo's hype to skill ratio is off the charts. He has a good showing at the Nike Hoop Summit and people just hop on like he's the next Ben Wallace