Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   TWolves Strategy... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228231)

niko 06-23-2011 11:26 PM

TWolves Strategy...
 
What is it? What exactly is the TWolves goal tonight or any night? Accumulate talent? Hope that it jells? Get a ton of assets to move later on? It seems like every time you think they made a nice decision, they ship the player off to get more young players.

kaiiu 06-23-2011 11:28 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
the plan is to suck as long as possible.

noob cake 06-23-2011 11:30 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Wolves would probably sell some 2nd round picks for cash.

They got 3x 2nd, 1x 2nd next year, cash, insurance money from Miller, Memphis 2013 lotto protected first for #20 and Flynn.

v1ncelis 06-23-2011 11:31 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiiu
the plan is to suck as long as possible.

:applause:

heyhey 06-23-2011 11:31 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
build team around Ricky Rubio
????
continue to suck

IGOTGAME 06-23-2011 11:32 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
What is it? What exactly is the TWolves goal tonight or any night? Accumulate talent? Hope that it jells? Get a ton of assets to move later on? It seems like every time you think they made a nice decision, they ship the player off to get more young players.


Accumulate talent. That is what it looks like to me and I think it is a great move. I like where that team is headed.

tommy3 06-23-2011 11:33 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiiu
the plan is to suck as long as possible.

:lol this

niko 06-23-2011 11:34 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Accumulate talent. That is what it looks like to me and I think it is a great move. I like where that team is headed.

How so? They have no stars unless DWill turns into one. They have a million players they need to grow and jell to be a good team. They have no sure things, except Love who is very one dimensional. They really need some sort of veteran presence to stabalize all the young players but they seem to see no urgency to get it.

blacknapalm 06-23-2011 11:34 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
trade for picks, get #1 pick next season. go after franchise player and draft 53 players in rounds 2-7, 35 being euros and 12 PG's. play each PG four minutes a game where they sprint as hard as they can and are always fresh. it's brilliant really, no team will be able to match their energy.

Knicks101 06-23-2011 11:36 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Strategy? They just do shit, there's no reason for any of it.

GOBB 06-23-2011 11:36 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Accumulate talent. That is what it looks like to me and I think it is a great move. I like where that team is headed.


They've been doing that how long and tell me the record of the Wolves the last 3 years. How is stockpiling talent doing anything besides making them look like a DLeague team, or #1 ranked college team?

It has to turn this talent into proven, established players and build. Eat a bad contract of a good player if they have too. Otherwise live in the lottery and hope one draft they nail it like they did with Kevin Garnett.

IGOTGAME 06-23-2011 11:37 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
How so? They have no stars unless DWill turns into one. They have a million players they need to grow and jell to be a good team. They have no sure things, except Love who is very one dimensional. They really need some sort of veteran presence to stabalize all the young players but they seem to see no urgency to get it.


then they will continue to lose and get more talent in the draft. Then, they start bringing in some of these prospects from overseas and it's on.

They have enough assets where they have given themselves tons of options for trades. The point isnt to be good now, it is to be elite as soon as possible.

R.I.P. 06-23-2011 11:39 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
I think Khan is stock-piling Europeans with buyout clauses, so he can make paid summer vacations in nice places in Greece, Spain, Croatia, or Italy every year.

kaiiu 06-23-2011 11:39 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
maybe Kahn wants to be a Porno producer. He loves for his product to suck

blacknapalm 06-23-2011 11:41 PM

Re: TWolves Strategy...
 
wolves should make four more trades tonight just for the lulz


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy