Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Top 25 Players at Each Position (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228723)

Toni 06-28-2011 11:04 PM

Top 25 Players at Each Position

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_...s=iref:nbahpt1

DeRozan #12 in shooting guard category.

Bargnani #21 in the center category. Slightly better than Kurt Thomas, slightly worse than Omer Asik.

Qwyjibo 06-28-2011 11:07 PM

Re: Top 25 Players at Each Position

I still wish the Raptors could have somehow gotten Gortat from the Magic. Damn.

brwnman 06-28-2011 11:11 PM

really bad list just from a glance. didn't have time to analyze much, but Ben Gordon above Jamal Crawford, Josh Smith behind a lot of players (and he has him listed as a SF). Jrue > Jennings. A lot of other players are grossly overrated/underrated I'm sure. But again, really bad rankings...

Prodigy 06-29-2011 12:02 AM

When I look at Derozan I don't see an above average starting SG. His shooting percentages are inflated due to him barely ever shooting threes and his defense is really lackluster.

T-Low 06-29-2011 12:11 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I think Derozan is going to beast it this year. I have a lot of faith in this kid.

Qwyjibo 06-29-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy
When I look at Derozan I don't see an above average starting SG. His shooting percentages are inflated due to him barely ever shooting threes and his defense is really lackluster.

Right now I agree but he was still young this past year. I think by the end of next season we'll really see kind of player Derozan will be. For him to become that good starter though, he needs to either start attacking the rim far more and get more FT attempts or get some range on his jumper.

Prodigy 06-29-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Right now I agree but he was still young this past year. I think by the end of next season we'll really see kind of player Derozan will be. For him to become that good starter though, he needs to either start attacking the rim far more and get more FT attempts or get some range on his jumper.

To be fair, he did not get a lot of calls during the season. If he had the respect of the refs I could see him averaging 8-10 free throws a game. This is all assuming his athleticism holds up and he stays healthy and away from injuries. Last thing we need is another VC. :facepalm

brwnman 06-29-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

To be fair, he did not get a lot of calls during the season. If he had the respect of the refs I could see him averaging 8-10 free throws a game. This is all assuming his athleticism holds up and he stays healthy and away from injuries. Last thing we need is another VC. :facepalm

VC had the tag of being injury-prone, but he really wasn't, and hasn't been in his career. He had one major injury and that is it. He isn't prone to injuries. Also, if Derozan becomes anywhere near the player VC was; I'd be ecstatic...

Prodigy 06-29-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
VC had the tag of being injury-prone, but he really wasn't, and hasn't been in his career. He had one major injury and that is it. He isn't prone to injuries. Also, if Derozan becomes anywhere near the player VC was; I'd be ecstatic...

False. He missed an average of 21 games per season in the 6 full seasons he was with the Raptors. That's on average 1/4 of the season. That's injury prone.

I also wasn't insinuating that he'd become VC in terms of ability, just comparing two athletic freaks and pointing out one who got injured a lot.

Edit: Just realized I factored in the games he missed as a rookie due to the lockout as part of injuries. Regardless, the point stands, he missed games.

brwnman 06-29-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

False. He missed an average of 21 games per season in the 6 full seasons he was with the Raptors. That's on average 1/4 of the season. That's injury prone.

I also wasn't insinuating that he'd become VC in terms of ability, just comparing two athletic freaks and pointing out one who got injured a lot.

His first two years he played the full season (first season was 50 games - shortened NBA season).

Third year, he missed 7. (Where pain officially began)

4th and 5th year is where he had the whole big injury (missed 22 and half the season - reason why your averages look so outlandish). Are you gonna say Blake is now injury prone because he's averaging only 1/2 a season played?

6th year he played 73 games; missing 9.

Also, Carter hasn't played in less than 73 games since his 5th year. The year he returned from his major knee surgery... You'll take that if he's giving you 25 6 5...

brwnman 06-29-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Edit: Just realized I factored in the games he missed as a rookie due to the lockout as part of injuries. Regardless, the point stands, he missed games.

Edit noted.

Also, everyone has missed games.

When I think injury prone. I'm thinking a guy missing a month or two every season (or every other season). Something like Grant Hill. That's being injury prone at one time...

T-Low 06-29-2011 03:00 AM

Demar is nowhere near Vince's rookie year athleticism...

Beebo 06-29-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
Demar is nowhere near Vince's rookie year athleticism...

VC's athleticism is special...like once in every 20 years type of special.

What Demar has is great finishing ability in traffic. You can't teach that type of stuff. Now he just needs to improve his handles and jumpshot if he wants to be considered elite.

Doko 06-29-2011 07:35 AM

This list is so shitty then I don't even know where to start the bashing from -.-

Probably the only thing he got right is the top 5 SFs.

And btw I love Danilo but come on, seriously? :lol

bluerap 06-29-2011 11:51 AM

I'm guessing you will start from bargs at 21 and jose not in the top 25...
something he got right :roll: