Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe/Wade or Kobe/LBJ Instead of LBJ/Wade? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228792)

lefthook00 06-29-2011 07:58 PM

Kobe/Wade or Kobe/LBJ Instead of LBJ/Wade?

I know this topic has been done before but it was before Wade and LeBron played a season together on the Heat. After seeing them play together, do you think that Kobe would be a better fit on Miami instead of LeBron or Wade?

Rank these big 3:

-LBJ/Wade/Bosh

-LBJ/Kobe/Bosh

-Wade/Kobe/Bosh

Let's use a 2010(and before) version of Kobe, as 2010-11 Kobe has obviously slowed down a lot.

lakerspng 06-29-2011 08:18 PM

Re: Kobe/Wade or Kobe/LBJ Instead of LBJ/Wade?

Kobe/Wade/Bosh would be the best combo.

Simply because Wade can work better off the ball than Lebron. Neither Kobe nor Wade need to have the ball in their hands to be effective nearly as much as Lebron does and therefore would function better as a team.

I actually think the LBJ/Wade/Bosh would be the weakest of the bunch for that reason, with Kobe/LBJ/Bosh second.

Kobe and Wade would probably compliment each other very well in the backcourt.

lefthook00 06-29-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerspng
Kobe/Wade/Bosh would be the best combo.

Simply because Wade can work better off the ball than Lebron. Neither Kobe nor Wade need to have the ball in their hands to be effective nearly as much as Lebron does and therefore would function better as a team.

I actually think the LBJ/Wade/Bosh would be the weakest of the bunch for that reason, with Kobe/LBJ/Bosh second.

Kobe and Wade would probably compliment each other very well in the backcourt.

Hmm, well with LBJ/Kobe, both would be able to play their normal positions. With Wade/Kobe, I'm assuming Kobe would play SF. And Wade/Kobe would make them a smaller team. And with LBJ's playmaking, all Kobe would have to do is score and defend, which is what he likes doing the most. But with Wade/Kobe, Kobe would be able to have the ball in his hands a little more, which is what he is used to doing. I'm still not sure which would be best.

Mr. I'm So Rad 06-29-2011 08:44 PM

Kobe/LeBron/Bosh = 4 peat

LA_Showtime 06-29-2011 08:44 PM

Prime Kobe? I think both Wade and LeBron defer to him. Wade understandably so, LeBron mostly because that fits his personality. They would be extremely difficult to beat with either player.

BEAST Griffin 06-29-2011 09:37 PM

LBJ/KOBE/BOSH

LBJ and WADE don't mesh together all that well. They take a lot from each other on offense. LBJ and Kobe would complement each other much better.

I'd also take WADE/KOBE/BOSH over LBJ/WADE/BOSH.

scm5 06-29-2011 10:05 PM

Kobe compliments both Wade and Bron well.

Wade and Bron don't provide as much spacing as Kobe could provide for them since Kobe is a better shooter. Also, Kobe hasn't been a spot up shooter through his career, but I'm sure he would adjust just fine playing alongside playmakers like Wade and Bron.

I would rank:

Kobe/Bron
Wade/Bron
Kobe/Wade

I don't like Kobe and Wade as much because the pairing wouldn't have as much defensive versatility that Lebron would provide.

Kobe and Bron would probably be the most potent because I believe Kobe playing off the ball in the MJ role would be extremely potent because of his shooting ability. Bron is a better playmaker and scorer than Pippen and would make life really easy for Kobe. The same would go for Kobe making Bron's life easier since he would provide more spacing than Wade could.

Kurosawa0 06-29-2011 10:09 PM

It's better the way it is.

blablabla 06-30-2011 05:42 AM

kobe and bron :bowdown:

OmniStrife 06-30-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blablabla
kobe and bron :bowdown:

10 / 55 shooting combined in the final games of a finals series :bowdown:

LA_Showtime 06-30-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniStrife
10 / 55 shooting combined in the final games of a finals series :bowdown:

There's no way in hell that's right.

OmniStrife 06-30-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
There's no way in hell that's right.

That's not an official statline it's a prediction of a possible union. :lol

Nash 06-30-2011 07:27 AM

Kobe and Lebron together would be cool. Wade and Kobe both play SG so that is already not possible.

DMAVS41 06-30-2011 08:56 AM

kobe / wade would be the worst combo. they play the same position and neither are as versatile as Lebron on either end of the court.

i don't think people understand that it was amazing that wade/lebron did as well as they did this year with the total clashing of sytles.

watching kobe and wade out there playing together would be a disaster.

kobe/lebron would be the best pairing because kobe's ability to space the floor better than wade. it would still not be optimal, but i do think it would work better.

LeFraud James 06-30-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAVS41
kobe / wade would be the worst combo. they play the same position and neither are as versatile as Lebron on either end of the court.

i don't think people understand that it was amazing that wade/lebron did as well as they did this year with the total clashing of sytles.

watching kobe and wade out there playing together would be a disaster.

kobe/lebron would be the best pairing because kobe's ability to space the floor better than wade. it would still not be optimal, but i do think it would work better.

This.

Kobe would close out the games, while LeBron would guard the other team's best perimeter players.

Plus Kobe can actually play consistently off ball.