Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How would the Spurs have done against the Heat in the finals (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2293)

insidehoops 06-21-2006 12:01 PM

How would the Spurs have done against the Heat in the finals

If the Spurs played the Heat in these finals, what would have happened, what problems would the Spurs have had, how would htey have handled Wade, and what would the final outcome have been?

insidehoops 07-10-2006 08:48 PM

Bump

SpursFan22 07-21-2006 04:03 PM

It wasnt a foul on Ginobli that sent it into overtime and it would have been close because of Bruce Bowen's defence i say it would have gone to 7 games but the spurs would have pulled it out in the end cuz Shaq would have had foul problems because of the Spurs driving into the lane in all.

Czar 07-22-2006 11:17 AM

The Spurs would have lost.

KnicksFan4Life 07-22-2006 01:42 PM

Tony Parker would have gotten Shaq fouled out, or Tim Duncan would have dominated Shaq in the paint. Bruce Bowen could handle Wade on the perimeter.

wally_world 07-23-2006 04:19 AM

they would do worse... Heat in 4...

KnickFan4Life2 07-23-2006 01:05 PM

How is that? Shaq can't handle Tim Duncan down low. Wade can't handle Parker on the perimeter. Bruce Bowen could shut down Wade. So tell me how the Heat would win in 4?

Czar 07-23-2006 02:04 PM

Bowen would not have stopped wade. Bowen is not fast enough for wade.

ihatetimthomas 07-23-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czar
Bowen would not have stopped wade. Bowen is not fast enough for wade.

bowen is fast enough to stop wade, bron, kone, tmac...the best you can do is slow them down, make shots difficult, and hassle them at all times...which is exactly what bowen does...he annoys the crap out of you and makes it hard for you to put up good shots...he would have definitly made wades life a lot harder in the playoffs than the mavs...they dont have a perimeter defender like bowen...wade would still put up big numbers but i dont think it would have been the ridicuous numbers they were...parker and duncan would cause problems for shaq and their defense and ginobili is a player that the heat always have problems with...i think it could have gone either way but the sours would have done better than the mavs

SsKSpurs21 07-26-2006 04:08 AM

kobe said the only guy who could contain him is bowen and so if bowen can contain kobe iam sure he could contain wade. the spurs overall defense is alot better than dallas and our matchups work well with miami.

dallas could have won if they stuck to their game plan. they played THEIR way the first two games and blew them out, then they fell into MIAMIs game and lost.