Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shane Battier was not happy that the Rockets traded him (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229715)

insidehoops 07-11-2011 11:07 AM

Shane Battier was not happy that the Rockets traded him

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7969

Battier wasn't pleased to be sent packing from Houston.

Though, I'd have thought he was probably set to move on anyway. But maybe not mid-season

Xsatyr 07-11-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Shane Battier was not happy that the Rockets traded him

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7969

Battier wasn't pleased to be sent packing from Houston.

Though, I'd have thought he was probably set to move on anyway. But maybe not mid-season

His house in Houston has been on the market since he left. It is overpriced though, he has made statements that he wants to go back to Houston. It would not make since for the Rockets or him. He needs to be on a championship contending team.

Rekindled 07-11-2011 11:32 AM

er, the rockets are rebuilding, battier would be stupid to stay in houston. he got traded from a nonplayoff team to a team that went 7 games in the 2nd round.

rezznor 07-11-2011 11:54 AM

Rockets did him a favor.

FourthTenor 07-11-2011 12:00 PM

People overestimate how much most athletes care about winning the championship. Fans want it to mean everything to them like they are robots with a single goal in life, but they hAve families and communities and various lifestyle preferences that factor into their decisions.

D.J. 07-11-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthTenor
People overestimate how much most athletes care about winning the championship. Fans want it to mean everything to them like they are robots with a single goal in life, but they hAve families and communities and various lifestyle preferences that factor into their decisions.

Exactly. Families are even more important. Just like Derek Fisher took a huge paycut to return to LA so his daughter could get better treatment.

get these NETS 07-11-2011 01:02 PM

no state income tax in Texas....he loses money when they trade him out of state

Chalkmaze 07-12-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J.
Exactly. Families are even more important. Just like Derek Fisher took a huge paycut to return to LA so his daughter could get better treatment.

uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

Hu-HUmpft (clearing throat)

And play for a team poised to win championships.

Kevin_Gamble 07-12-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalkmaze

Right I guess the whole sick daughter thing was just a pretext.

Chalkmaze 07-12-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
Right I guess the whole sick daughter thing was just a pretext.

He didn't get along with Utah ownership, the Laker's were looking for a point guard just like Fisher and he already had a home there (if I remember right), the Laker's were ready to win championships, there were other places where his kid could have gotten top notch treatment, he made it sound like he might go to New York or some place like that, and even talked of retiring but in the end he went straight to L.A. right away without a second thought. You can draw your own conclusions, but to say conclusively that he went to LA purely for family reasons and absolutely no other reason (what the post I was quoting suggested) might be stretching it a bit. He did go on to win championships.

StacksOnDeck 07-12-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Right because the 2007 Lakers were poised to win a championship. Just shut up. He went to a worse team and left MILLIONS on the table.

Batz 07-12-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

He didn't get along with Utah ownership, the Laker's were looking for a point guard just like Fisher and he already had a home there (if I remember right), the Laker's were ready to win championships, there were other places where his kid could have gotten top notch treatment, he made it sound like he might go to New York or some place like that, and even talked of retiring but in the end he went straight to L.A. right away without a second thought. You can draw your own conclusions, but to say conclusively that he went to LA purely for family reasons and absolutely no other reason (what the post I was quoting suggested) might be stretching it a bit. He did go on to win championships.

Common sense would do you some good.

Chalkmaze 07-12-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
Right because the 2007 Lakers were poised to win a championship. Just shut up. He went to a worse team and left MILLIONS on the table.

:no:

Yeah, I was really stretching eh? 2008 and 2009 teams won championships, silly me. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batz
Common sense would do you some good.

:blah
Common sense would tell you to stay out of the thread if you've got nothing to contribute to the topic.

bdreason 07-12-2011 03:15 AM

I don't see how it was a big deal. He had to move to Memphis and play ball for a few months before becoming a free agent. He didn't have to move his family there, or buy a house there. Houston is rebuilding and Shane wasn't going to be resigned there. They did him a favor IMO by dropping him early and trading him to a better team.

StacksOnDeck 07-12-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

:no:

Yeah, I was really stretching eh? 2008 and 2009 teams won championships, silly me. :rolleyes:

:blah
Common sense would tell you to stay out of the thread if you've got nothing to contribute to the topic.

Did he join the 2008 team moron? He joined a team that had Kwame, Luke and Radmanovic playing starter mins. Unless you claim Fisher had a vision of Pau Gasol getting traded before he signed. :rolleyes: