Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Timberwolves have fired head coach Kurt Rambis! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229810)

insidehoops 07-12-2011 11:57 AM

Timberwolves have fired head coach Kurt Rambis!

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7978

Not unexpected at all

Though, I don't see how any coach is supposed to win with that roster.

Rambis did some weird stuff with Kevin Love's minutes early on, though

MeLO MvP 15 07-12-2011 12:04 PM

Re: Timberwolves to fire head coach Kurt Rambis

Finally. This was completely mismanaged. Everyone knew he was gonna be fired since the middle of the season. By waiting they screwed him over because now there aren't many jobs left (even as an assistant). Also, now Minny doesn't have many coaches to choose from.

Btw, I disagree... I think Minny has some very interesting, young talent on their roster. Rubio, Love, Derrick Williams, Wes Johnson and Mike Beasley are all really good young players.

Godzuki 07-12-2011 12:10 PM

Rambis didn't help that team to win, if anything he helped tank them imo, then again i wouldn't be surprised if he was following Kahn's orders. I never understood what he was doing with Love where he kept benching him, and i remember a lot of people here acting like Love sucked back then when that was going on despite Love looking like a beast his rookie year imo.

And then once Love gets regular minutes he ultimately ends up breaking the double double record or something along those lines where he starts getting credit, and Rambis couldn't bench him anymore after that where he would look too stupid.

at least thats the way i saw it all go down :confusedshrug:

insidehoops 07-12-2011 12:20 PM

The firing is now official. Team announced it:

“I want to thank Kurt for his contributions to our franchise and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” said David Kahn, Timberwolves President of Basketball Operations. “His arrival signaled we were serious about building a championship-contending ballclub over the course of time. We have accumulated a solid nucleus of young talent with a bright future during the last two years. I am hopeful Kurt receives his share of the credit for helping develop that talent and his contributions are not forgotten as we become a better basketball team."

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7978

chazzy 07-12-2011 12:23 PM

Why did they wait so long?

FireMcFailPlease 07-12-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazzy
Why did they wait so long?

kind of a lock out, not having to pay rambis whatever issue is what ive read..probably are rumors tho.

btw rambis sucked. terrible with line ups, minutes, and his triangle offense theory without a jordan or bryant was a disaster.

FireDavidKahn 07-12-2011 01:23 PM

Re: Timberwolves have fired head coach Kurt Rambis!

Great news.

Rambis is an abysmal coach and completely mismanaged this team.

8BeastlyXOIAD 07-12-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7978

Not unexpected at all

Though, I don't see how any coach is supposed to win with that roster.

Rambis did some weird stuff with Kevin Love's minutes early on, though

Love wasn't playing defense was the reason why.

Btw he still doesn't play Defense:oldlol:

Godzuki 07-12-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Love wasn't playing defense was the reason why.

Btw he still doesn't play Defense:oldlol:

its funny he gets called out for his defense when his reach/athleticism for his size alone from just standing there is better than most people trying. I watched a lot of him his rookie year and he played real well and showed a ton of potential with effort. which is why i couldn't understand how he was getting 20 min games, and talk about trading him while being abruptly benched by Rambis, before he went on that double double spurt with regular minutes and all of a sudden he was a borderline all star.

i highly doubt his defense improved THAT much, more than his regular minute numbers over time forcing them to give him respect. especially considering it was all within the same season.

the way some retards here over focus on defensive gaffes is pretty laughable to me.

EllEffEll 07-12-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
Finally. This was completely mismanaged. Everyone knew he was gonna be fired since the middle of the season. By waiting they screwed him over because now there aren't many jobs left (even as an assistant). Also, now Minny doesn't have many coaches to choose from.

Btw, I disagree... I think Minny has some very interesting, young talent on their roster. Rubio, Love, Derrick Williams, Wes Johnson and Mike Beasley are all really good young players.

Good post. I think he deserved to be fired, but Kahn has been passive aggressive and downright mean spirited in the way he has gone about it while acting as if this is normal to treat someone this way.

If Kahn thinks he's so bad, I would think he would want Rambis to latch on somewhere :pimp:

If I were a coach with options, I think I would put the T-Wolves a little lower on my list for this reason alone. A vindictive, meddling boss makes a difficult job even moreso.

kentatm 07-12-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki
its funny he gets called out for his defense when his reach/athleticism for his size alone from just standing there is better than most people trying. I watched a lot of him his rookie year and he played real well and showed a ton of potential with effort. which is why i couldn't understand how he was getting 20 min games, and talk about trading him while being abruptly benched by Rambis, before he went on that double double spurt with regular minutes and all of a sudden he was a borderline all star.

i highly doubt his defense improved THAT much, more than his regular minute numbers over time forcing them to give him respect. especially considering it was all within the same season.

the way some retards here over focus on defensive gaffes is pretty laughable to me.

the only thing that is laughable is you can clearly see Love give up on his defensive assignments to get ready for rebounds.

Godzuki 07-12-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
the only thing that is laughable is you can clearly see Love give up on his defensive assignments to get ready for rebounds.

how often? it just seems a lot of people who focus on that kind of stuff always pick out rare instances of it and then make it like they're awful at D.

i swear a lot of defensive criticisms of players are like that.

and admittedly i didn't watch him as much his sophomore year than i did his rookie year since i had him on my fantasy team then.

FireDavidKahn 07-12-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

how often? it just seems a lot of people who focus on that kind of stuff always pick out rare instances of it and then make it like they're awful at D.

and admittedly i didn't watch him as much his sophomore year than i did his rookie year since i had him on my fantasy team then.

Kentatm is right but it isn't like Love does that all the time. Love will never be a good defensive player but you could see in certain games towards the end of the season that he was trying to contest shots rather then give up and go for the rebounds.

I would rather Love try and contest every shot rather than give up but people are making it out like Love does that every possession, which is false. People also use that to try and belittle Love's rebounding prowess which again is ridiculous.

kentatm 07-12-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

he does it enough that it seems noticeable every single game which is unacceptable IMO.

kaiteng 07-12-2011 04:09 PM

Kahn is next.