Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eddy Curry is still as big as a house (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230254)

insidehoops 07-17-2011 10:44 AM

Eddy Curry is still as big as a house

If you were wondering if he's finally slimmed down and gotten into good NBA shape, well, as of the start of the lockout, he hasn't:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8013

StroShow4 07-17-2011 11:19 AM

Re: Eddy Curry is still as big as a house

If someone offered me a few million bucks to hit the gym, I think I could do it. Then again, I'm not Eddy Curry, and no one is making me an offer like that any time soon.

ballerz 07-17-2011 11:21 AM

He is such a idiot. he should stop stuffing his face with junk food and start hitting the gym

FireDavidKahn 07-17-2011 11:24 AM

He will never be back in the NBA.

StroShow4 07-17-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
He will never be back in the NBA.

The dude is 7 feet tall. Don't be surprised if he gets another chance.

Bano114 07-17-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
The dude is 7 feet tall. Don't be surprised if he gets another chance.

This guy had more chances than a game of monopoly. It's time to call it quits and enter some World Eating competitions.:facepalm

Horatio33 07-17-2011 11:41 AM

I'm no Curry apologist, but I think some of this has to do with his girlfriend and daughter being murdered, and his son being found at the crime scene. If that had been me, I'd be a mess. No amount of money can bring them back. I think he needs psychiatric help.

Rake2204 07-17-2011 11:42 AM

I know it's an obvious comparison, but he reminds me of Oliver Miller. Miller, as a rookie, actually had a pretty bright future. Though, I'm not sure he was ever as highly touted as Curry was. Interesting to watch the path Curry's career has taken, and I don't think I'll ever forget the situation with the limo driver (or whoever it was).

StroShow4 07-17-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bano114
This guy had more chances than a game of monopoly. It's time to call it quits and enter some World Eating competitions.:facepalm

Someone will give him another shot if he gets in decent shape. Guaransheed.

LJJ 07-17-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio33
I'm no Curry apologist, but I think some of this has to do with his girlfriend and daughter being murdered, and his son being found at the crime scene. If that had been me, I'd be a mess. No amount of money can bring them back. I think he needs psychiatric help.

You mean his baby-mama, not girlfriend, who was in the process of suing the shit of out Eddy Curry at the time and their daughter who Eddy Curry didn't even know was his.

Knicksfever2010 07-17-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
If someone offered me a few million bucks to hit the gym, I think I could do it. Then again, I'm not Eddy Curry, and no one is making me an offer like that any time soon.

you also dont have a heart condition. If I had a heart condition and was expected to perform under the riggers of professional basketball, I would be VERY VERY scared to run up and down the court much less get into real-deal shape.

everybody says curry is 'fat/lazy', but i think he's just worried about his health. and i would have done the same thing he did about signing the 5 year contract with the knicks. If someone is stupid enough to give me $55 million, go nuts!

NOT TO MENTION, that he found his ex g/f and daughter slaughtered in their house. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to someone's psyche.

StroShow4 07-17-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
you also dont have a heart condition.

Like I said, I'm not Eddy Curry.

All Net 07-17-2011 01:06 PM

No excuse for this at all

bagelred 07-17-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

you also dont have a heart condition. If I had a heart condition and was expected to perform under the riggers of professional basketball, I would be VERY VERY scared to run up and down the court much less get into real-deal shape.

everybody says curry is 'fat/lazy', but i think he's just worried about his health. and i would have done the same thing he did about signing the 5 year contract with the knicks. If someone is stupid enough to give me $55 million, go nuts!

NOT TO MENTION, that he found his ex g/f and daughter slaughtered in their house. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to someone's psyche.

creepingdeath 07-17-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

So you're saying that bulking up fat is healthier than working out and eating properly?