Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Timberwolves will interview Larry Brown for coaching job (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230790)

Real Men Wear Green 07-25-2011 09:59 AM

Underreported: Larry Brown is the first casualty of the Debt Ceiling.

Shame on Obama, Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell and Reid.

Forcing our seniors to coach bad NBA teams because they can't get their SSI checks. A plague on both their Houses.

insidehoops 07-25-2011 10:36 AM

Timberwolves will interview Larry Brown for coaching job

If he actually gets the job, Brown will have coached exactly 983293829832 different teams.

More details:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8063

bagelred 07-25-2011 10:40 AM

Re: Timberwolves will interview Larry Brown for coaching job

Why does Larry Brown even want this? Over 70 years old....for a team that has no championship shot....in cold Minny......why?

Stay on Long Island, bang your young (wife/daugther) and be happy.

niko 07-25-2011 11:29 AM

Minny is bizarre, they don't hire, draft, trade, with any regard for what there plan seems to be, or what the fit is. It's the Isiah plan, except with hoarding young players and picks instead of shipping them out. They want to play uptempo, have uptemo pieces they are trying to acquire, and want Larry Brown? WTF?

JellyBean 07-25-2011 12:38 PM

Dude. I rather we hire Don Nelson. At least we get drama that is funny with a high speed offense. With LB we get drama that is slow and boring.

All Net 07-25-2011 12:56 PM

Really? :eek:

hawkfan 07-25-2011 01:03 PM

Rick Adelman would be perfect for Minnesota, but if not then Mike Woodson would be a great pick.

In Atlanta, his teams improved every season. He would be great with that young roster, like he was in Atlanta.

JellyBean 07-25-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Rick Adelman would be perfect for Minnesota, but if not then Mike Woodson would be a great pick.

In Atlanta, his teams improved every season. He would be great with that young roster, like he was in Atlanta.

Yeah. Adelman is my first pick. But I figure that he has too many miles on him and would face burn out quickly. Mike Woodson is my second option. I like what he was able to do in Atlanta and could do the same here in Minnesota. But the way we are flirting with Don Nelson, I think that he might get the coaching gig.

Joey Zaza 07-25-2011 01:32 PM

Really Mike Woodson.

the classic "its my turn, now its your turn, now its my turn, no wait its his turn offense." Should be great with a young team with limited talent.

bagelred 07-25-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Minny is bizarre, they don't hire, draft, trade, with any regard for what there plan seems to be, or what the fit is. It's the Isiah plan, except with hoarding young players and picks instead of shipping them out. They want to play uptempo, have uptemo pieces they are trying to acquire, and want Larry Brown? WTF?

It's because they are looking for a franchise player. When you don't have a franchise player or two, its hard to build a team. They don't have one. So they keep collecting young talent in case one of them turns into a franchise player or they can trade them for one.....

Unlikely though.

Minnesota has done a poor job, but there are teams in MUCH worse shape then them. Kahn has become the whipping boy though.....he can't escape it. Oh well.......:lol

Crown&Coke 07-25-2011 01:57 PM

I love LB, but a young team like this needs a young coach. LB is far too harsh and him and Kahn would go trade crazy, and not in a good way

hawkfan 07-25-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Really Mike Woodson.

the classic "its my turn, now its your turn, now its my turn, no wait its his turn offense." Should be great with a young team with limited talent.

Woodson tried like crazy to get those guys to pass. Joe Johnson was coming up for an extension and had to get his numbers, same with Horford.

Also, we picked Marvin Williams over Deron Williams and Chris Paul, so that was a problem there, and never got a point guard during Woody's run until we got Bibby near the end.

He would have a good passer in Rubio and Ridneour is a solid passer.

Larry Brown needs to go to a team that has young talent trying to make it to the next level, like what he had in Detroit and then took that team to a championship, not a young team that will make a lot of mistakes.

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 02:51 PM

Larry brown dislikes rookies, what is Kahn doing ?? :roll: He might end up hiring him too.

Joey Zaza 07-25-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfan
Woodson tried like crazy to get those guys to pass. Joe Johnson was coming up for an extension and had to get his numbers, same with Horford.

come on we've all seen enough Hawks over the last few years...its not all JJ broken plays and flat refusal (and if it is, good luck getting Beasley) to pass. He was not a good offensive coach.

LA_Showtime 07-25-2011 03:39 PM

I can't think of a worse fit. Larry Brown doesn't like uptempo offenses, he hates young players, and he's got a history of quitting once he gets bored. Kahn is definitely going to sign him to a 5-year 40 million deal.